Seattle - airport-ship transfer?

phabric

The last time, I had an Alaska cruise out of Seattle, I took the ship's transfer.

You picked up your luggage and walked to the ship's desk on the same level.  They took your luggage there.  You took an elevator up, walked through a parking area, checked in, when to a waiting area for the next bus to the port.

Do they still do the same?

Last September we made the mistake of using one of their shuttles to get to airport......we got aboard the bus quickly then sat and waited until the bus filled up.....maybe half hour.  Uber would be better for the money.

You are better off using airport taxi;  they have a fixed rate to the port and are not allowed to jack up the price.  Lyft or Uber is an option also.  I used shuttle last July and like Qcruise mentioned we waited until the shuttle had enough people.  On way back to airport us used lyft

If you don't mind a shared shuttle that drops off some people downtown, Shuttle Express works well.  They constantly dispatch vans from a location in the airport garage.  Make a reservation and then check in at their desk and they will put you on the next available van.

6 hours ago, AF-1 said:

$23 for the entire cab; so if you have two or three then its a great deal

That does not sound right.

Are you sure it was Sea-Tac to Pier 91?

We have never got a cab that cheap.

I found this info..........

Cab fare from Sea-Tac to pier 91,  taxis are also available at the airport. The only company that is allowed to pick-up passengers that are not pre-booked is Seattle Yellowcab: http://www.yellowtaxi.net/. Typically fare to pier 66 is $50, and about $60 to pier 91 (exact amounts are based on the meter, so will vary by traffic conditions).

10 hours ago, AF-1 said:

You are better off using airport taxi;  they have a fixed rate to the port and are not allowed to jack up the price.  Lyft or Uber is an option also.  I used shuttle last July and like Qcruise mentioned we waited until the shuttle had enough people.  On way back to airport us used lyft

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I found this info..........

Cab fare from Sea-Tac to pier 91,  taxis are also available at the airport. The only company that is allowed to pick-up passengers that are not pre-booked is Seattle Yellowcab: http://www.yellowtaxi.net/. Typically fare to pier 66 is $50, and about $60 to pier 91 (exact amounts are based on the meter, so will vary by traffic conditions).

So, is it a fixed rate or a metered rate?

Does anyone know what Princess charges for their transportation from airport to ship?

Princess it is $37.70 each way CDN$.

Supper Express is $22 each way US$

In 2016, I was sole, I took Princess transfer from airport to Pier 91 as my flight arrived at 11am and I took Supper Express back to the airport as I had a 11am flight.

This time there will 3 of us and I am trying to figure out the cheapest way. It looks like flights might be arrival around 11:15am and departure at noon, international.

Super Shuttle is cheap and kids ride free;  but you will have to wait for shuttle to fill up; expecially if you are going to the port.  So you may have to wait a little.  We used Super Shuttle to take us to Marriott hotel on the water;  this was pre cruise.  We had to wait 30 minutes for our shuttle then you have to stop at different hotels. Sorry about taxi to port;  We took taxi from Airport to Space Needle;  that price was $23 and this was two years ago

(Don't remember but around $60. Their rates are per town car. Just read a post that taxi rates are up to $55 to the pier not sure if true). We just didn't want to drag our luggage up elevator and over to the parking garage for other options....we are older.  Loved the service and arrived outside the doors in minutes. You should call them about cost. 202.243.1811

A search of west coast departure forum may be helpful.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

Edited by JoAnneNYI
grammar

17 hours ago, caribill said:

So, is it a fixed rate or a metered rate?

Does anyone know what Princess charges for their transportation from airport to ship?

We are going this summer and are signed up for Princess shuttle...it’s $29 pp

For the past two years ('17 & '18) there was a $40 flat rate posted for cabs traveling (disembarking) from Pier 91to SeaTac Airport.  

For passengers arriving at SeaTac and traveling to Pier 91 for embarkation via taxi  it is a metered fee.

10 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

For the past two years ('17 & '18) there was a $40 flat rate posted for cabs traveling (disembarking) from Pier 91to SeaTac Airport.  

For passengers arriving at SeaTac and traveling to Pier 91 for embarkation via taxi  it is a metered fee.

Taxis between MIA and Miami Beach used to have the same type of pricing. Metered from the airport and fix-ed rice to the airport. They did this because people were charged so much from MIA to MB, that would not take a cab back to the airport with metered fares.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 5:31 AM, phabric said:

The last time, I had an Alaska cruise out of Seattle, I took the ship's transfer.

You picked up your luggage and walked to the ship's desk on the same level.  They took your luggage there.  You took an elevator up, walked through a parking area, checked in, when to a waiting area for the next bus to the port.

Do they still do the same?

They did that for us in September 2017 for the Ruby Princess.