soda

missycruisin

so looking at the soda package it's 140 (Canadian) for 11 days. that's a lot of soda i'd have to drink to make that price worth it. lol. so i'm going to pass on that, but if I just want the occasional soda with dinner at the buffet, how much does one cost usually? 

onboard credit can be used for drinks too, right?

49 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Most NCL ships have soda in  vending machines in the arcade. Not sure of the price, but think I saw it was less than $3

I have to remember the Arcade Vendo Land for when I want to keep soda in the cabin!!!  It would be even better if it was Coke

😛

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dcruiser50 said:

You can find it in your cabin fridge. Steward will resupply, cost listed on mini bar menue

Perhaps the most expensive way to purchase a soda.

Yes you can tell your cabin steward to resupply the mini-fridge with what you really want after empting out

the stuff of no interest.

Oh the stuff in the mini-fridge BEWARE of any shelf date time limits and also BEWARE opening cans they

may spray like champagne.

You may get more than a 12 ounce pour going to a bar.

If you don't have a beverage plan you can use any OBC to pay for the drinks.

Same Price. Bottom line is that if you buy more than 1 soda a day, the package is cheaper. 

Pay in advance: 

$7.95 USD per person per day (Adults & Teens Ages 13+)
$5.95 USD per child per day (Kids Ages 3-12)

Package Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda. Unlimited Fountain Soda. The entire cruise must be purchased and is non-refundable. Souvenir thermal mug is included in the purchase of the program.

Edited by BirdTravels

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Sodas are $3.45 + 20% Tip = $4.14

image.thumb.png.8cf22805a13c29fc6e2a6d7a334a74ca.png

Is this the price at the bar or in the room in the mini fridge?  That's an expensive Pepsi! 

We drink mostly ice tea, lemonade and flavoured water for free on the cruise.  I have a deal with my teen that I would buy her a diet coke in each port.

3 hours ago, shanley said:

Is this the price at the bar or in the room in the mini fridge?  That's an expensive Pepsi! 

We drink mostly ice tea, lemonade and flavoured water for free on the cruise.  I have a deal with my teen that I would buy her a diet coke in each port.

This reflects the bar price. Also take note that if you do the soda package, it does not include cans. Just got off the Escape and we were given a can at Great Stirrup Cay for which we were charged and one in a main dining room one night (all other nights it was a fountain soda).

When I mentioned how we had the package at dinner, we were told the charge would be reversed. It was not. A couple of sodas aren't worth complaining about to Guest Services but definitely be aware. I saw cans being brought to guests on server trays in the theater as well.

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Same Price. Bottom line is that if you buy more than 1 soda a day, the package is cheaper. 

Pay in advance: 

$7.95 USD per person per day (Adults & Teens Ages 13+)
$5.95 USD per child per day (Kids Ages 3-12)

Package Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda. Unlimited Fountain Soda. The entire cruise must be purchased and is non-refundable. Souvenir thermal mug is included in the purchase of the program.

2 hours ago, Mercury said:

Are club sodas included in this package?

Its right up there in Bird's post from the NCL webpage

Edited by Sauer-kraut

19 hours ago, CRG7 said:

When I mentioned how we had the package at dinner, we were told the charge would be reversed. It was not. A couple of sodas aren't worth complaining about to Guest Services but definitely be aware. I saw cans being brought to guests on server trays in the theater as well.

I had the soda package and got charged for a non-can fountain soda at the Atrium Bar, which is how I know it's $4.14 with the gratuities. The weird thing is I didn't sign anything, I guess they just billed the card. Actually, I think I was in O'Sheehan's and it just got rang up at the Atrium Bar, now that I think about it.

I was going to ask them to take it off but the line at Guest Services was long, this happened the last day of the cruise and I didn't notice until the next morning when reviewing my bill, so I decided to just eat the price.

I really dislike Pepsi. I am an ardent Diet Coke drinker. This almost kept me from booking another cruise with Norwegian. I managed on my last cruise but it definitely made my cruise less enjoyable. I bought my Diet Coke while in port. I really don't understand why I couldn't bring at least a Diet Coke or 2 per day aboard.