Aruba - Snorkelling trip

matj1986

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask but my wife and I are going on an 11 night ultimate Caribbean cruise and are looking at a snorkelling tour/trip when we are in Aruba.  We are novices at snorkelling!  Has anybody got any experience of tours?  Hoping for a smaller group ideally and maybe a trip to a few different locations.  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

I am sure you will get some responses on this Celebrity board however you should try posting this over at the Scuba and Snorkeling board.

Aruba is not as well known for snorkeling as some of the other islands your cruise may be visiting such as Bonaire and Grand Cayman which are outstanding.

We did a couple dives with two different companies at Aruba in January, but I wouldn't recommend them for snorkeling.

We did visit an Aruba dive shop, Aqua Windie's, to get our diving watch computer fixed.  They took care of it and provided awesome service.  They offer snorkeling trips.  If we were to visit Aruba again, we would seriously consider using them.

5135034C-AF3A-4C80-90C0-C9ACB8F7C507.jpeg

Jan 13 2019 Aruba

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, BSinPNS said:

Aruba Bob has a great small group snorkel adventure.  Enjoy!

The Aruba Bob snorkel experience was very good but finding a taxi willing to take us from the cruise port to their location in Saveneta was a challenge.

5 hours ago, matj1986 said:

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask but my wife and I are going on an 11 night ultimate Caribbean cruise and are looking at a snorkelling tour/trip when we are in Aruba.  We are novices at snorkelling!  Has anybody got any experience of tours?  Hoping for a smaller group ideally and maybe a trip to a few different locations.  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

If you go to Bonaire that is the place we went and it was awesome.

On a Southern Caribbean cruise, you must be going to Bonaire.  That is an awesome place to snorkel, and you should check out Woodwind.  They work with all levels of experience, and offer a wonderful catamaran.  Can't vouch for Aruba snorkeling...

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:00 AM, DENIE said:

On a Southern Caribbean cruise, you must be going to Bonaire.  That is an awesome place to snorkel, and you should check out Woodwind.  They work with all levels of experience, and offer a wonderful catamaran.  Can't vouch for Aruba snorkeling...

We did try woodwind but they're fully booked, we fancy a beach day as well so now wondering if were better to go to the beacj at arroba and snorkel at Bonaire and or curacao.

Any suggestions?

We took the local water taxi in Bonaire over to Klein Bonaire for a couple of hours. You can do the ship’s tour for double the price or you can walk 10-15 minutes from the ship but you have to have your own snorkel equipment. Klein Bonaire has a reef that you “drift”  snorkel with the current back to where you started. No facilities or services on the island but a wonderful beautiful beach and easy snorkeling.  Woodwind on Bonaire has a fabulous reputation but was booked solid, but friends who did it said it was the best!!!  

7696A43B-99AC-4499-B7B9-6F0961430088.jpeg

12DF5420-9DBA-4BF2-939C-78974BDCA9A8.jpeg

E820FB18-7BAD-4529-BBD9-15F7B82C842B.jpeg

"We did a couple dives with two different companies at Aruba in January, but I wouldn't recommend them for snorkeling."

We had friends there on a land trip last month.  They said that the snorkeling was not good.  Even on a sunny say, the water was murky.  Not bright blue like in other Caribbean islands.  They are use to going elsewhere in the winter and have had excellent experiences. 

Edited by Iamthesea

I’ve snorkeled in Aruba a couple of times with a ship excursion over a shipwreck. Visibility was fine both times. Aruba always seems to be windy, so for me it was more tiring than a typical snorkel trip. The water also seems cool.  I was just careful to end up near the boat by the time I got cold and tired. There was a rescue swimmer in the water with us so I felt pretty safe. 

2 hours ago, matj1986 said:

We did try woodwind but they're fully booked, we fancy a beach day as well so now wondering if were better to go to the beacj at arroba and snorkel at Bonaire and or curacao.

Any suggestions?

matj1986...so sorry, you would have enjoyed them.  Unfortunately, this was our only time there, so don't have anything else that I can recommend.  Good luck, and enjoy your cruise!