Cruise Critic Door Sign

trbarton

Here’s a sign to use on your door to let people know your a member of Cruise Critic. The one on Cruise Critic says “Meet & Mingle”. A good friend edited the sign to say “Meet & Greet”. I have mine laminated.

Feel free to use.

Tom😀 

01028054-6EC3-419D-B7E5-7F470E115A9F.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Looks cute but wouldn't want to announce to everyone when we are out of the cabin at the Meet and Greet.  

Remember that the sign has no information about the details of the Meet & Greet. It’s meant to incourage people to join Cruise Critic. 

Tom😎

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

True..but someone with bad intentions wouldn't knock !

And less they were really stupid criminals, of course they would knock first.And less they were really stupid criminals, of course they would knock first.

3 hours ago, Gimer said:

Hi Tom.  Here is my latest door sign for our b2b starting on March 30th.  Waiting for your Majestic review.  Stan 

@@ b2b  .jpg

Hello Stan,

What a great Door Sign. Very creative. 

Our thread is the most active that I have been on, 44 pages & 1,171 posts. 

Yes...I’ll attempt to post a review. First time to Australia & first time on the largest Princess ship the Majestic. I’m on deck 8 with an obstructed view balcony. 

What ship will you be on?  Have a great cruise. 

Tom😀

10 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Remember that the sign has no information about the details of the Meet & Greet. It’s meant to incourage people to join Cruise Critic. 

Tom😎

Not difficult to find out when Meet and Greet is...even if not in Patter it is posted on this thread !

Lovely idea though. and am sure it could encourage people to join Cruise Critic........perhaps I am paranoid about keeping safe !

12 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

And less they were really stupid criminals, of course they would knock first.And less they were really stupid criminals, of course they would knock first.

My mistake..they probably would knock but expect passengers to be at Meet and Greet.

Don't know any criminals, stupid or otherwise.

Tom, It's on Grand Princess right after it's Dry Dock up in Portland.  In January, I took pics of the ship as is and I wanted to see all the new changes they are doing to it.  Grand is my home away from home.  Mahalo, Stan

39 minutes ago, Gimer said:

Tom, It's on Grand Princess right after it's Dry Dock up in Portland.  In January, I took pics of the ship as is and I wanted to see all the new changes they are doing to it.  Grand is my home away from home.  Mahalo, Stan

Again have a great cruise. Let me know how the Grand looks. What are the changes they’re doing in drydock?

Tom😎

It's a nice sign.  I've set up a couple of Meet & Mingles (or greets) and I have noticed that Princess calls the get togethers "Meet & Greet" and Cruise Critic calls them "Meet & Mingle."  In the past, I've always called them Meet & Mingles as our get togethers were always Cruise Critic member events.  I've noticed a distinct aversion on the part of some people to call them Meet & Mingle and will go to lengths to call them Meet & Greet instead.  Am I missing something?  I don't understand why so much effort is being put on calling them by the cruise line nomenclature when they are CC events.  I know this is not an Earth shattering matter, but it has piqued my curiosity. :classic_wacko:

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

It's a nice sign.  I've set up a couple of Meet & Mingles (or greets) and I have noticed that Princess calls the get togethers "Meet & Greet" and Cruise Critic calls them "Meet & Mingle."  In the past, I've always called them Meet & Mingles as our get togethers were always Cruise Critic member events.  I've noticed a distinct aversion on the part of some people to call them Meet & Mingle and will go to lengths to call them Meet & Greet instead.  Am I missing something?  I don't understand why so much effort is being put on calling them by the cruise line nomenclature when they are CC events.  I know this is not an Earth shattering matter, but it has piqued my curiosity. :classic_wacko:

Meet and Mingle is a Royal Caribbean term. They have a special relationship with CC, and so Princess has its own name for the gathering. 

There is even a link  on CC to sign up for the RCI Meet and Mingle. That doesn’t exist for any other cruise line. Except maybe RCI’s sister lines?

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Daniel,

Ever since I’ve been hosting events on Princess it’s been called “Meet & Greet”. You could use the CC term “Meet & Mingle” but that’s not what Princess uses so I would rather use their term. Plus for some people more familiar with Princess it’s easier to use their term, Meet & Greet. As another poster has said that term Meet & Mingle is connected by CC with RCI. Hope this information makes sense. 

Tom😎

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

Daniel,

Ever since I’ve been hosting events on Princess it’s been called “Meet & Greet”. You could use the CC term “Meet & Mingle” but that’s not what Princess uses so I would rather use their term. Plus for some people more familiar with Princess it’s easier to use their term, Meet & Greet. As another poster has said that term Meet & Mingle is connected by CC with RCI. Hope this information makes sense. 

Tom😎

Tom-

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.  Like I said earlier, it's not an earth shaking matter.  Part of the reason why I posed the question was that I had always understood the use of the term "Meet and Greet" to mean an event where a politician meets with his/her constituents or some type of star, artist or popular author meeting with fans at a concert or show opening.  That's of course, different than a group meeting up on a cruise.

I saw on another thread that a cruise sold out because the San Francisco 49ers were sailing on that cruise.  An event where the fans on board got to meet the players and talk to them would have more fit in with my image of what a "Meet and Greet" is.  But again, it's not a big deal - what's more important is that we get together and form bonds that can last beyond disembarkation.  I hope to meet and greet you someday.:classic_smile:

Edited by Daniel A