Minibar tradeout questions

There is a dollar amount associated with the minibar setup.(do not know what that comes to)  So when you swap out roomservice(who is responsible for your minibar), will offer you two coffee cards plus if you want the remaining in bottled water; they will figure that out.  I just sailed Caribbean Princess two weeks ago.  We swapped out our mini bar for soda and waters.  Our minibar had six cokes, six diet cokes, six waters, and six perriers.  

On 4/11/2018 at 1:58 PM, reedprincess said:

Here you go, all your questions answered - what's included, what you can swap for, etc...

Call Room Service to make any swaps:

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

43 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

There is a dollar amount associated with the minibar setup.(do not know what that comes to)  So when you swap out roomservice(who is responsible for your minibar), will offer you two coffee cards plus if you want the remaining in bottled water; they will figure that out.  I just sailed Caribbean Princess two weeks ago.  We swapped out our mini bar for soda and waters.  Our minibar had six cokes, six diet cokes, six waters, and six perriers.  

My experiences have always been as described in the other post & there’s never been no dollar amount (except for a $40 bottle of wine) associated with the exchange.  All of my minibars have been a total of 20 drinks & never 24.

Princess Chatterer...you can see the Princess information about the minibar which includes the amount of water received in exchange for the entire minibar...no combining of different exchange options.

• All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water
Edited by Astro Flyer

True. It could have changed since my December 2018 cruise but ReedPrincess post was still accurate as of 3 months ago. FWIW when you call to trade for wine they tell you which bottle you can trade for, only 1 setup so all trades are all or nothing (but they did let me hold out 1 H2O once)

Edited by Ombud

18 minutes ago, Ombud said:

True. It could have changed since my December 2018 cruise but ReedPrincess post was still accurate as of 3 months ago. FWIW when you call to trade for wine they tell you which bottle you can trade for, only 1 setup so all trades are all or nothing (but they did let me hold out 1 H2O once)

I knew that information was nearly a year old but have not read about anything about any changes since then.  Things change but don’t think that applies to the minibar procedure but in less than 2 months will know for sure.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I have never heard this before.......

We have never been able to get any extra stuff. If we trade for the 2 coffee package that's it. If we trade for the wine thats it.

FWIW you cannot split up the mini bar, it has to be traded complete. One cannot get just 1 coffee package it has to be 2 or none.

• Like 1

I think you have misundersood what I was saying above.  You can swap out mini bar for two coffee cards, which we did on Alaska cruise; or you can swap out mini bar for sodas or sparkling water; which we did two weeks ago on Caribbean Princess

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

I think you have misundersood what I was saying above.  You can swap out mini bar for two coffee cards, which we did on Alaska cruise; or you can swap out mini bar for sodas or sparkling water; which we did two weeks ago on Caribbean Princess

This is what confused me.....

"will offer you two coffee cards plus if you want the remaining in bottled water; they will figure that out".

What remaining? 

OH yea I get what you're saying.  Confusing.  I am going on what happened to me; sorry for any confusion; which I believe I have caused a lot of today.  We were in a suite for both Alaska and Caribbean cruise; so we get water everyday; plus the minibar set up which we swapped out.  I am sorry for the OP has to be confused.

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

OH yea I get what you're saying.  Confusing.  I am going on what happened to me; sorry for any confusion; which I believe I have caused a lot of today.  We were in a suite for both Alaska and Caribbean cruise; so we get water everyday; plus the minibar set up which we swapped out.  I am sorry for the OP has to be confused.

Gotcha thanks!  We always tradeout. We were on the CB not too long ago.  I thought I was missing out on something!   :classic_blink:

Just now, AF-1 said:

Thanks for the clarification...many of us have created some confusion at times. ☺️

1 hour ago, Princess Chatterer said:

"On 4/11/2018 at 6:58 PM, reedprincess said: "

I suspect that the 4/11/2018 posting is now out of date.  I'll find out the latest on board next week.

Nope. What's in my 4/11/18 is still accurate with the obvious caveat that the coffee cards are not the coffee package loaded in cruise card. 

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

The only thing you were missing out on today was being confused by me.  So I say hit Control, Alt, Delete; that will reboot me and it we should be good to go

With all the confusion going around, now I'm confused! :classic_huh:

As Astro Flyer pointed out in post #3, you can exchange many different ways. Just make the call and ask for what you want, they can only say no if you pushed to far.

3 hours ago, TERESAh said:

We have the premium sip and sale bonus so won’t need the liquor. How many cans of coke can we switch it out for?

You can get all coke, so 24 .... or part coke part H20

Edited by Ombud

9 hours ago, TERESAh said:

We have the premium sip and sale bonus so won’t need the liquor. How many cans of coke can we switch it out for?

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

You can get all coke, so 24 .... or part coke part H20

I’ve always received a total of 20 drinks just like indicated in the post by reedprincess.

1 hour ago, Teesull22 said:

I just got off the Regal this morning, my first mini bar I swapped for a bottle of wine and the second I got  12 beers and 12 waters. 

Thanks for the update...with so many posts about the minibar now including 24 drinks apparently it’s increased from the previous 20 drinks. 👍

We get half beers & half soda but won’t exchange the minibar for 2 coffee programs on shorter cruises now that specialty coffee punches expire at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'll still get the coffee program and here's why. 

The bottle of wine has to be under $40 but I prefer the ones I bring onboard.  And I pay ALOT less than $40. I don't drink soda so I could get 24 bottles of water. That's worth $28 thru the personalizer. The value of the 2 coffee cards is well over that. I have 2 large long blacks each morning & 1 cocoa each evening. With each of those costing 1.75 that's 1.75 × 3 × 7 = 36.75 b4 I even get into frufru drinks. Using the upcoming cruises the amount I'd pay is actually more than that as upcoming cruises are 16 days, 13 days, and 12 days 

Just saying I'm gonna optimize my dime