a few observations from Reflection

39august

Just off the lovely Reflection. There was no problem at all carrying drinks out of the Elite cocktail "hour". Also Elite and above had unlimited free drinks in any bar on their seapass cards during that time with same drinks as on the lounge menu. Out server in the lounge said this was begun about 2 cruises before outs. Blu service was fantastic. Filet was not served on the first night as so many have stated on these boards. First night I had the sea bream which was wonderful, but m,y husband's strip steak was pretty much inedible. Stay away from the neat loaf, terrible! All other food was good to excellent in Blu. Lobster was served on the second Chic night and I had two! Got a 20% discount on day 3 for Tuscan asking for a "deal" just about 4 hours before dining and got the time we wanted. Could have had 50% off the first night, but we don't like to do specialties on the first night. Best show I saw was the acrobatic one, don't remember the name. The classical duo was very, very good. House band just OK. Very interesting "Beyond the Podium" presentations and several of them over the 11 days on board. The ship is, as expected, lovely. So glad she is not being"revolutionized" until 2023. Loved the port of Bonaire. So clean and pretty. We will tour the island next time around. Didn't get to do our much anticipated tour of Cartagena as my husband was not feeling well that day. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 39august said:

Just off the lovely Reflection. There was no problem at all carrying drinks out of the Elite cocktail "hour". Also Elite and above had unlimited free drinks in any bar on their seapass cards during that time with same drinks as on the lounge menu. Out server in the lounge said this was begun about 2 cruises before outs. Blu service was fantastic. Filet was not served on the first night as so many have stated on these boards. First night I had the sea bream which was wonderful, but m,y husband's strip steak was pretty much inedible. Stay away from the neat loaf, terrible! All other food was good to excellent in Blu. Lobster was served on the second Chic night and I had two! Got a 20% discount on day 3 for Tuscan asking for a "deal" just about 4 hours before dining and got the time we wanted. Could have had 50% off the first night, but we don't like to do specialties on the first night. Best show I saw was the acrobatic one, don't remember the name. The classical duo was very, very good. House band just OK. Very interesting "Beyond the Podium" presentations and several of them over the 11 days on board. The ship is, as expected, lovely. So glad she is not being"revolutionized" until 2023. Loved the port of Bonaire. So clean and pretty. We will tour the island next time around. Didn't get to do our much anticipated tour of Cartagena as my husband was not feeling well that day. 

Did they ever serve the filet.   

We are on the Reflection on March 22 for 10 nights. Took note of all you commented on. Thanks.

Do you recall the Captain and Cruise Director? Although I know they could be different in a few weeks. 

Sorry, didn't get the Captain's Club host name. CD was Eddy something and he was very good. I pay little attention to CD's , but he did several interesting and entertaining shows, all titled 10 Things You Didn't Know About______. I went to t he ones about art and cruise ship life. Didn't get the captain's name either, but saw officers often around the ship. Blu served filet about night 6 and rib eye a couple of nights later. 

10 hours ago, 39august said:

thanks! so no more 3 drink limit/tickets during elite hour in other bars?

Sailed on the Reflection for 14 nights in January 2019.  Eddie Jenkins was the Cruise Director. He is my favorite.  His lectures are so entertaining and informative.  The entertainment was very good most nights.  The free movie selection in the cabin and in Celebrity Central was very good.  Don’t know if Eddie is responsible for the movie selection though.  

It is funny that you said to stay away from the meat loaf.  We sailed in AQ many times and the menu was getting a little boring having the same repeated entrees.   We were on the  Reflection and my wife said that she would try the meat loaf just for something different.    She said to was really great and would order it again.   Our next cruise in AQ on a different ship she ordered meat loaf and said it wasn’t the same and not as good.   She will still try it but it is never the same as the first time.  

I have ordered soft shell crab.   First time was fantastic, next time the grease was running off it like it was a sponge, next time was fried burnt to a crisp and dry like it was from the dregs at the bottom of the French fries grease vat at McDonalds.    Finally gave up on it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

I assume best place (perhaps only)  for Filet is Murano. Not sure about Tuscan grill.   But you can get a great deal the first night at the specialty restaurants!  IMO very well worth while! 

Was your cabin quiet? Under the gym or pool?  Are the "free" martini's from the Martini bar- the same as if you ordered them from the martini bar menu or are they the small limited martini's? 

Thanks

We think the filet in Tuscan is very good. No filet on Murano menu, but you can get chateaubriand (sp) for two there. No limit on free drinks during the Elite and above cocktail "hour". On Bonaire we just walked around the port. Lovely little place. Bought a cute, cute dress for only $10 US. No need to exchange money there. 

Forgot to answer the question about our cabin. We were not under the pool deck, so no noise at all in Aqua cabin 1554. Nice big balcony. Though we enjoyed Blu, we would not pay more than maybe $150 each over a 1A veranda cabin again. 

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I assume best place (perhaps only)  for Filet is Murano. Not sure about Tuscan grill.   But you can get a great deal the first night at the specialty restaurants!  IMO very well worth while! 

Was your cabin quiet? Under the gym or pool?  Are the "free" martini's from the Martini bar- the same as if you ordered them from the martini bar menu or are they the small limited martini's? 

Thanks

Lawn Club Grill will have ribeye and filet mignon.