Looking for a new cruise line.. Is MSC it??

MsJersey84

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I always cruise on Carnival we have been on 4 different sailing with them. This time around we are looking for something different. The current ship we are looking at is the Armonia out of Miami. We do understand that this is an older smaller ship. Can anyone comment on the diversity of ages, cultures, food and over all experience of MSC. Any information would be helpful.

An afterthought: We are big on food. We normally do comedy shows, Vegas style shows and maybe the dance club once.

Thank you in advance!!!

You will never know unless you try...

With that being said, we are going on MSC in a few weeks and looking forward to it. I hear that they don't have a comedy club like NCL or Royal.

From the boards, everything is subjective -- the main consensus is that you won't go wrong with the Yacht Club but as for the other experience levels (Bella, Fantastica, etc...) it sounds like a hit or miss.

The other things you mentioned (vegas-like shows, dance clubs, etc...) it looks like it has that. 

8 minutes ago, xcell said:

You will never know unless you try...

With that being said, we are going on MSC in a few weeks and looking forward to it. I hear that they don't have a comedy club like NCL or Royal.

From the boards, everything is subjective -- the main consensus is that you won't go wrong with the Yacht Club but as for the other experience levels (Bella, Fantastica, etc...) it sounds like a hit or miss.

The other things you mentioned (vegas-like shows, dance clubs, etc...) it looks like it has that. 

Thank You for your help

We have never been on the Armonia but have been on the Divina three times and the Seaside two times amd have booked the Meraviglia for November. We also cruise Carnival often, are Platinum with Carnival. Experiences are different but we thoroughly enjoy MSC as well as Carnival.  We have never had any problem with the food at either the buffet or dining room (I would say desserts are better on Carnival).  Cabin service has always been excellent. As well as Dining Room service. Not sure what else to say without going on and on. Is there a specific question you would like answered? Shows are excellent. Dance classes have always been offered on both ships. I would suggest you will enjoy the experience. 

• Like 1

I'd say MSC had more dance classes offered than NCL, RCL, HAL, etc. MSC is more visual because of the many languages spoken, so essentially no comedy. Their shows in the theater were top notch but no faded old lounge acts from Los Vegas in the main theater. 

• Like 1

We are giving MSC a try. We booked 2 sailings this year. Divina in January, pretty good cruise. Seaside in August. The Status Match, drink packages and the inexpensive price points lured us to give them a try. We'll make a final determination on sailing with them again after the August sailing on Seaside. Looks pretty good so far.