entertainment on a Strictly cruise?

fue-fue

Being limited when I can take my holidays from work, we are still undecided on this years cruise.  One of the options is a Strictly Come Dancing cruise to the Med.  But we aren't that interested in seeing the Strictly entertainment.  Is there enough of the "other " evening entertainment?  We don't go to Headliners shows either!!  Will there be enough to fill our evenings?

Thanks

14 hours ago, fue-fue said:

Being limited when I can take my holidays from work, we are still undecided on this years cruise.  One of the options is a Strictly Come Dancing cruise to the Med.  But we aren't that interested in seeing the Strictly entertainment.  Is there enough of the "other " evening entertainment?  We don't go to Headliners shows either!!  Will there be enough to fill our evenings?

Thanks

I’ve just booked a Strictly themed cruise on Britannia - hopefully it isn’t just this for entertainment but I’m sure someone will let us know. It’s not a deal breaker either way tbh

Hi fue fue , I'm sure there will be some different entertainment and lots of quizzes to join as well , you never know maybe you and Nev will like to do a bit of tango , any way I hope you enjoy it what ever you choose this year 

Sandra 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

There will be some strictly themed entertainment but in the main things will be much as normal, the same number of house band entertainers, and the normal number of guest entertainers. So no major differences.

Thank goodness for that. I have booked a "strictly" themed cruise despite rather than because of it, because it was going to where I wanted to go at the time I wanted to go. I have no interest in "strictly" whatsoever. Indeed, when someone first asked if I watched "strictly" I head not heard of it and thought that the BBC must have started a reality tv documentary set in a BDSM club as in "this is Mistress Stern, who treats her gentlemen friends extremely strictly"

We did a Strictly cruise a few years ago, just because it was the destinations we wanted. I love Strictly, hubby couldn’t give a monkeys and wasn’t in the least interested. But he really enjoyed the dancers’ interviews which were hilarious and the actual dance shows. Funny world, eh? The majority of the cruise entertainment is as normal, so Strictly isn’t pushed down your throat at all - plenty of other entertainment happens.

Likewise I did one on Azura a couple of years ago, for the itinerary. There were some Strictly shows and you were allocated tickets delivered to your cabin. I thought I'd go along and see the dancing though I don't watch the programme, but was disappointed in that there was about 10 minutes' dancing and 40 minutes' gossip. Met Craig Revel Horwood on the Prom Deck; he was charming. Second allocated show tickets I took to breakfast in the MDR and gave away to the keenest taker.

However there was plenty of other entertainment all over the ship, so don't let that worry you OP. Also they have the costumes on display: all about size 0; a bit disconcerting in the 2nd week of a cruise! I'm booked on another on Britannia next month; they actually didn't announce it as a Strictly cruise until after I'd booked, which was a bit annoying as I wouldn't maybe have chosen it if they had, but given the size of Britannia I'm sure there will be plenty of other entertainment options!

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, Purdey16 said:

Hi fue fue , I'm sure there will be some different entertainment and lots of quizzes to join as well , you never know maybe you and Nev will like to do a bit of tango , any way I hope you enjoy it what ever you choose this year 

Sandra 

Hi Sandra

We've decided the tango isn't for us, so have booked to go to Iceland on Oriana instead :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: