Current or Recent Dining Times for Traditional on The Emerald

dstables

I know you can’t be guaranteed that the times for traditional dining that appear on your booking is not always the same times the ships operate with. I’m looking for what the current times are on The  Emerald for traditional dining. Early and late. Thanks. 

I suspect dining times differ by itinerary as much or more as by ship.

The Emerald Princess is currently on the west coast of the United States. In April, she will sail through the Panama Canal from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale. In May, she will sail trans-Atlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. She will then spend several months in the Mediterranean before sailing back from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale in November.

If you are going on a Mediterranean cruise this summer, I doubt any information from anyone on a west coast, Panama Canal, or trans-Atlantic cruise will help at all. Once she gets to the Mediterranean, I would expect the same times for the entire Mediterranean season.

6 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

We are on the Emerald April 15...

We were offered Traditional dining as...Early 5:00 pm, Late 7:15 pm!!!

First of all, the dining times listed in the Personalizer have never had any relation to reality in the past or the present. It is puire coincidence if the dining times in the ship are the same as in the Personalizer.

For our December holiday Hawaii cruise on the Emerald, the actual times were:

Early: 5 PM in Da Vinci Dining Room

Early: 5:15 PM in Botticelli Dining Room

Late: 7:30 PM in Botticelli Dining Room

A recent post in another thread about a recent cruise said the Late Botticelli Dining room was still 7:30 PM.

On the cruise previous to ours, the late seating in Botticelli had been 7:45 PM. Variois activities and performances were scheduled to end by 7:45 so people could attend the activity/performance and get to dinner on time.

However, for our cruise with the dining time changed to 7:30, there was no change to the timing of activities/performances. Examples of such activities/performances were performers in the Explorers lounge that did not end until 7:45, the Captain's welcome and farewell speeches which did not even start until 7:30, and trivia games that would not be over by 7:30.

This meant passengers who would like to attend these activities/events had the choice of:

a) Skipping them so they would be on time for dinner; or

b) Walking out (and disrupting) a performance so they would be on time for dinner; or

c) Attending the event/performance until it ended and being late to dinner throwing off the waitstaff's service to your shared table.

I do not know if they have changed the timing of activities/performances since my cruise to properly accommodate the 7:30 dinner time.

There was lots of discussion when Princess moved the dining times up.  They said people wanted to eat earlier.  I think what was really going on is that more people wanted to eat at early dining times than the MDR accommodates.

On ships with 3 MDR's, the aft one is TD all night.  One of the mid-ship ones is ATD all night.  The other mid-ship is TD early and then changes over to AT.

Now with these time changes, it seems booking are having a wait list for late dining and early dining is open.  Go figure!!

On our Feb cruise to NZ, instead of 5:00pm and 7:15pm, the MD had set it up as 5:15pm and 7:30pm.  Entertainment was coordinated.  

AT seems to flow pretty well, so it might be best choice if don't want the early TD.  The main problem with the new early TD is all-aboard times for port days run right up against that - or even later.

8 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

AT seems to flow pretty well, so it might be best choice if don't want the early TD.

How well AT flows depends on how many of your new 3000+ best friends decide that their favorite time to eat is the same time that you want to eat.

We were slotted for I believe traditional dining in Botticelli on the Ruby this past January at awful hour of 8:30 pm.  Oh my.  So we would go and wait at the Any Time Dining location (can't remember name of dining room at an awful early 4:20 pm to get in for 5 pm).  This is truly getting ridiculous for a person who does not like to gain weight by eating at 8:30 pm.  !!!   The shows were at 6:30 pm.  So it made for a real chow down and run to the Princess theatre and snatch the last few seats left in the theatre usually which were being guarded by the seat hogs.  Made for some entertainment!!!

13 hours ago, pink845 said:

We were slotted for I believe traditional dining in Botticelli on the Ruby this past January at awful hour of 8:30 pm.  Oh my.  So we would go and wait at the Any Time Dining location (can't remember name of dining room at an awful early 4:20 pm to get in for 5 pm).  This is truly getting ridiculous for a person who does not like to gain weight by eating at 8:30 pm.  !!!   The shows were at 6:30 pm.  So it made for a real chow down and run to the Princess theatre and snatch the last few seats left in the theatre usually which were being guarded by the seat hogs.  Made for some entertainment!!!

Are you saying that you changed from TD to ATD or that you left your reserved seat in TD empty and took a table in ATD also?