Linking reservations

va2vegas

We are surprising my MIL by booking on the same cruise as she is for her birthday.  How can I link the reservations so we will get placed at same table as her for main dining room, while maintaining surprise until we are on the ship?

If booked with Celebrity you can do it on line or ask Captain's Club or your travel planner to link them.  If booked with an agent Celebrity cant do it so you have to have your agent connect the reservations. 

4 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

What if one res is with celebrity and the other with a TA. This is my situation. So far we haven’t linked because we’re in a Blu so it probably doesn’t matter

I did that once when I had a reservation through Celebrity.  

Another time we both had agents and were unable to link them at all because one was classified as part of a "Group".   Why that would matter is beyond me.   We simply asked to be seated together in the dining room (pre-Luminae and Blu). 

Unless you plan on dining together every night I don't think linking will give you any benefit.

1 minute ago, va2vegas said:

That is my case, I booked directly, but my MIL booked through an agent.

If I recall -  this is a number of years ago, you linked them in the area of dining where you select time.   All you need is the other party's reservation number.

31 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

What if one res is with celebrity and the other with a TA. This is my situation. So far we haven’t linked because we’re in a Blu so it probably doesn’t matter

Can't link those  for dining because there are 2 diff assignments

If OP  knows the MILs trvl agent, they can probably ask the TA to ask X to link them as a courtesy and not spoil the surprise!

Edited by hcat

It does not matter who book the cruise. As long as the dining arrangements are the same (i.e. both are fixed time early, or late), then Celebrity can link them. Ask the TA to contact Celebrity's Agent Desk to link as the TA will not be able to see the Celebrity booking.

If they link the reservations it would show on any confirmations from X as well as the cruise planner.   I would recommend to make sure that you are both on the same dining plan (MTD or Fixed) and the same seating.   When YOU Get on board go directly to the maitre'd and have them seat you together.

(I presume you are going to surprise them at the first dinner).

Steve

• Like 1

Since no one has asked this, I will. Is your MIL booked with traditional early or late dining in the MDR? If she's booked as Select, there's no assigned table and you simply show up at the time and ask for a table for 4, or you could make a Select dining reservation for 4 at a given time. Of course you'd have to find out what time your MIL was planning to dine that night in order to surprise her at the door.

To the poster that said they were in Blu, there's no assigned table there. You show up and as for a table for however many are in your party. There's no reservations needed or accepted (unless you're a large group). If you want to dine with friends in the MDR, you can go the Select dining entrance and request your group's table or make a reservation for your group ahead of time.

• Like 1