Anyone else a Dooney Fan?

Lois R

I went shopping today and we have a Dooney Outlet about 25 minutes south of where I live:classic_smile:.  I found a crossbody bag and I love it. Here is a photo. It is in "dark mauve". It will work great for evenings on my upcoming cruise. It is not a big bag but I was not looking for a large bag.  And it was on clearance too. 65.00......pebble leather. I am very happy:classic_biggrin: 

Milly Crossbody

Here is the bag in a crossbody photo. Oh, it holds my phone and has room for some other things too. The small strap slides inside. The long one is adjustable.

Milly Crossbody

Milly Crossbody

• Like 1

LOVE the bag and in a great color too.

I have a smaller Coach purse I love, along with a Vera Bradly larger tote that my DD got for me when she worked at Disney (The Red queen style from Alice in Wonderland collection).

I agree the Dooney's are bit heavy yet they hold up well. Your bag looks like a smart size to hold essentials while touring!

Hi,:classic_smile: this is not heavy at all.  I don't like a heavy bag.  Yes, it is on Azamara out of Manhattan:classic_biggrin:  For evenings on the ship.  This would not be large enough for my "daily purse" here at home. It doesn't

hold a full size wallet.  But for what I need, this will work great. Money, CC, ID, hotel room key, phone.

I am going to see a Broadway show pre-cruise (seeing BEAUTIFUL:classic_biggrin:) so this will be perfect.  And for my outfits in the evening on the ship (if I don't have pants pockets) I will use it too.

Color Pallet? I cleaned out my closet last weekend and GOODWILL got a BAG FULL...….

Colors....bringing the purple family with me....some darker, (plum...some lighter...lavender)...this bag will work with it all:classic_biggrin:

One more thing, it is Pebble Leather. I think it is a lighter leather and it does not feel heavy at all.

I know they make some "heavy bags"...…..those are definitely not for me.

2 hours ago, orchestrapal said:

Cute bag.

I have several, larger ones, all to heavy and leather too stiff. It never softens.

very poor impulse purchases. There are so many finer leather bags

out on the market for the price.

I wasn't saying anything about them being inexpensive.  Their larger bags are more money than I spend too and yes, I know there are others on the market.  As for never softening up? I think that depends on which leather bag you buy. Dooney has some leathers that are quite soft. Actually the one in the photo is Pebble leather and not stiff at all.

Different strokes for different folks.

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Cute bag Lois!  My daughter has a small black leather clutch that I always borrow for cruises (to carry at night on board)  I probably should get my own :)

Thanks, I love the color:classic_smile: the tag says "Dark Mauve" but it is not really dark LOL...should work perfectly for what I need.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Thanks, I love the color:classic_smile: the tag says "Dark Mauve" but it is not really dark LOL...should work perfectly for what I need.

You're welcome :)

I'm pretty boring in my clothing color choices but i really like the idea of adding a pop of color with accessories,  I need a new crossbody bag for an upcoming trip & now you have me thinking about going for some color instead of my usual boring black or grey.:)

I have a black one as well.....actually, I have a couple of black ones and both would have worked just fine but I was like......nope, I am buying myself a new one:classic_biggrin:

Oh, I went sort of nuts LOL...…...got some new clothes AND a pair of sandals! :classic_smile:

Hi Lois, sounds like you really enjoyed your outlet trip!  So much fun to go home with new things. I admire your plan-clean out your closet, give away clothes and make room for all the new clothes! We made a quick stop at the outlets (2 hours away)  on our way home yesterday and I bought a new top at Chico’s. Unlike you, I didn’t make room for it beforehand! 

Sharon

8 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Lois, sounds like you really enjoyed your outlet trip!  So much fun to go home with new things. I admire your plan-clean out your closet, give away clothes and make room for all the new clothes! We made a quick stop at the outlets (2 hours away)  on our way home yesterday and I bought a new top at Chico’s. Unlike you, I didn’t make room for it beforehand! 

Sharon

Hi Sharon:classic_smile:.....I think I gave away close to 40 tops:classic_ohmy:....so buying 6 new ones? I still have plenty of others LOL:classic_biggrin: I need to do the pants next but will give myself a break before cleaning them out.  But thanks for the compliment:classic_smile:  I have the tops hanging by color....black ones/blue/and I have a lot of Purple shades too:classic_biggrin:

Hi Sharon:classic_smile:, good morning.  Some of them were so tight in the closest I didn't know they were there...….I use the hangars that are the velvet, no slip.  So they were like sardines LOL...….one after the other, after the other...…..etc...….and now I can at least see everything...LOL.....we all have our quirks, I guess mine would be tops:classic_wink::classic_blink:

Hi Lois, hope you are having a good day. Yep, I also use the velvet hangers AND I often double and triple up on tops that I haven’t worn for awhile. Then I hang them in the back of the closet.  I know, I should just give them away but it just doesn’t happen as often as it should. 🙄.  Guess I need to work on that! 

Sharon

Love the bag Lois! Very pretty!

What great motivation you have to clear out 40 tops!  I am also still working on it! I always start but then decide that I should wear them a few more times to justify the price.   I always read articles like project 333 on culling one’s closet (s) but I haven’t quite succeeded yet.  So congratulations...I am sure some of the recipients of your generous donation will be happy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 4:51 PM, Lois R said:

Here is the bag in a crossbody photo. Oh, it holds my phone and has room for some other things too. The small strap slides inside. The long one is adjustable.

Milly Crossbody

Do you know the 'model/name' of the bag?  It looks great.