Vision of the Seas aft JS 8088

Hi all. We just got back from Symphony a few days ago and while on board we booked Vision of the Seas for next year out of Puerto Rico. We're going from their biggest and best to one of their oldest and smallest. The reason we did it because of the itinerary. This cruise stops in Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, Tortola and Punta Cana. The last two we're very excited about because as far as I know during the March time frame this is the only ship with those two islands. Because it's in such high demand, we're paying more than we paid for Symphony which is tough for me. 

We grabbed corner aft junior suite 8088. Does anyone have recent pictures or experience with this room? It appears to be one of the most hard to get. The JS was only like $600 total more for the two of us than a balcony. Tell me what I'll love! We did Rhapsody two years ago and service wise it was awesome but definitely lacked excitement in some areas. 

We just had 8588 in February.  It was a nice room and the large balcony was great.  Just be aware that not very much of the balcony is covered so no real escape from the sun. Also because of the lack of cover, make sure you close your curtains during the day or your room will end up feeling like an oven.  

2 hours ago, JenGang said:

We just had 8588 in February.  It was a nice room and the large balcony was great.  Just be aware that not very much of the balcony is covered so no real escape from the sun. Also because of the lack of cover, make sure you close your curtains during the day or your room will end up feeling like an oven.  

Good point! 

3 hours ago, JenGang said:

Agree, I love the Sun but as you say Curtains need be closed when shining directly in. Same with Radiance Class Corner/Afts

We have 8588 booked for January B2B out of PR.  Looking forward to it.  The DH is a "sun lizard" and loves his full sun balcony.  I like the extra natural light and sweeping view from inside the cabin.  Do agree about the heat of the sun if coming directly in though.  We do the corner aft twin cabin on Rhapsody also.  

• 3 weeks later...