Water Slides? Fitness Center? Navigator March 10th 2019 Cruise

1 hour ago, Flow Bro Ty said:

I Was Viewing A Video On You Tube That Show Them Working On The Water Slides. 

LIVE Royal Caribbean NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS

Thank you.  Interesting.  She says that's why they are delayed getting out of port, to get both water slides working.  Whether that's accurate or not, or if they got them fixed before leaving, is unknown.

We get on the Navigator Friday, which is why I'm asking.  :)

Dan

6 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Bumping, in case someone currently on this cruise sees this post. 

Dan

Hi Dan... I've seen very little come out online from the current cruise. It's an Adult Only Charter Cruise, so maybe they're all too busy paryting?

I did see one person say in a FB group that she'd been on both slides yesterday though! It may have been more testing rather than it being properly open though. I know they tested it last week with a few passengers then closed it again.

Haven't seen anything about the gym.

I got this reply on their FB page. We're on the 3/15 sailing.

We don't have any updates on this. Unfortunately, we don't believe these two areas will be fixed by the beginning of your sailing. We apologize for any disappointment. -Gabbie

4 minutes ago, cot427 said:

The slide I can understand...but what in the world can be taking so long for the gym?

It better be a bloody good gym!!!!! 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, CazV said:

Hi Dan... I've seen very little come out online from the current cruise. It's an Adult Only Charter Cruise, so maybe they're all too busy paryting?

I did see one person say in a FB group that she'd been on both slides yesterday though! It may have been more testing rather than it being properly open though. I know they tested it last week with a few passengers then closed it again.

Haven't seen anything about the gym.

Forgot that this was an all adult cruise.  Interesting about the "both slides" FB comment.

2 hours ago, ctbrown24 said:

I got this reply on their FB page. We're on the 3/15 sailing.

We don't have any updates on this. Unfortunately, we don't believe these two areas will be fixed by the beginning of your sailing. We apologize for any disappointment. -Gabbie

The mystery continues....

If we knew more about why the fitness center isn't open yet, we'd probably have a better guess whether or not it will be open on the March 15th cruise.  That commercial grade gym equipment is very heavy, and who knows if its  even been loaded on the ship.  I'll do my investigations when we board Friday.  Worst case I can run on the Deck 4 outer track.  My daughters have both started their high school track season and were planning on using the treadmills during the cruise to train.  However, the upper track deck or Deck 4 will have to do.  Not the end of the world.

The water slide is a major downer.  RCCL talks about "the longest water slide at sea!", and then don't even have it working.  :classic_angry:  Hopefully they can certify it as operational on Friday while it's back in Miami.

Dan

• Like 2

Bookmark this when people tell you it's safe to take a cruise right out of drydock.  3 weeks post dry dock, 1 cancelled cruise, and they still won't have everything working. 

No cruises 1 month before dry dock 

No cruises 1 month after dry dock 

No cruises on any new ship at least 6 month 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Bookmark this when people tell you it's safe to take a cruise right out of drydock.  3 weeks post dry dock, 1 cancelled cruise, and they still won't have everything working. 

Yeah, I don't disagree if that's an option. 

Don't get me wrong though.  Even if these two venues aren't operational, I'm still incredibly excited about our cruise.  As a whole, I'll take the current situation rather than being on a tired ship in need of a refurb.

We had one week available for our cruise this spring, and this is still BY FAR the best option.  9 night Southern on an amazing newly refurbed ship?  Yes please.  :)

Dan

5 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

And no cruises to any port that is not fully announced as open.

I was just watching a Youtube video from a Navigator passenger posted today (March 13).  The new gym is open as of now according to her.  A link to the video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxULnw3cGKE

The passenger talks about the gym starting at minute 19.  Happy cruising!

Edited by LB Cruiser
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LB Cruiser said:

I was just watching a Youtube video from a Navigator passenger posted today (March 13).  The new gym is open as of now according to her.  A link to the video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxULnw3cGKE

The passenger talks about the gym starting at minute 19.  Happy cruising!

Sounds like she confirmed that both the fitness center and the blaster slide was open. She said they were moving the treadmills to the gym and that she was on both slides!