Lesson Learned

l8cruiser

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, coevan said:

so the deck was not hot when you went to the slide? It's definitely not a servers job to fetch your flip flops.

How about you give the guy a break. He was caught between a rock and a hard place,

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 4:30 PM, l8cruiser said:

My wife and I were on the Freedom a few years ago. We were enjoying the serenity deck. It was a very hot day. My wife was reading and I needed to cool off. I said , I am going down the slide and dip in the pool. I slid down the slide and cooled off in the pool. As I started back up the stairs , my bare feet were on fire. I jump from shaded spot to shaded spot trying to get back up to the serenity deck. I couldn’t make it. The deck was hot enough to fry an egg. I flagged down a waiter and tried explaining to him my predicament. It took a few tries to make him understand. I needed him to go up and retrieve my flip flops. He comes back down with my flip flops on a tray. My wife said a guy just came up here and took your flip flops lol. That waiter received a very nice tip. From now on , I hold my flip flops across my chest when going down the slide. 

I learned this on the Horizon. My foot hurt for the rest of the day, but the fun I had made me almost forget!

My goodness, y'all must be a bunch of tenderfoots from the frigid North!  I've walked across the decks in middle of July barefoot and didn't notice a thing.  Felt just as cool and comfy as carpet.  Lol I guess it comes from years of going barefoot in the hot summers on hot pavement in S. Texas.   I remember reading about this very thing before one of our cruises and I made all the kids pack water shoes and water socks, but we all did not see the need for them.  😉

Lol, moongal, I know you know how hot the pavement can get here in the summer.  I grew up popping tar bubbles in the street with my feet.  However, as I grew to adulthood & started wearing shoes more often, I noticed my feet are not as tough as they once were.  I'll keep my flip flops with me!

On 3/14/2019 at 7:28 PM, DramaQueen22 said:

Well that was unnecessarily judgy.  No, it's not the server's job, but how nice for him to go above and beyond to give good service.   

Well said!

• Like 2