Canadian payments

Booking from Canada with the quote in Canadian dollars. If I owe $3000 Canadian dollars, is that amount frozen or can it fluctuate? My experience with NCL is that is the amount I pay down the road at the deadline. However, I have seen many hotels which give you Cdn. dollars for reference only and you pay in US $ when you actually check out and are at the mercy of the exchange rate on that day. I just want to confirm it is the former and not the latter. 

8 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Booking from Canada with the quote in Canadian dollars. If I owe $3000 Canadian dollars, is that amount frozen or can it fluctuate? My experience with NCL is that is the amount I pay down the road at the deadline. However, I have seen many hotels which give you Cdn. dollars for reference only and you pay in US $ when you actually check out and are at the mercy of the exchange rate on that day. I just want to confirm it is the former and not the latter. 

Whatever the price that you book it at is locked.  It will not adjust with exchange rate fluctuations.  

Cruise planner putchases will vary with the exchange rate.

You will pay the CDN $$$$ amount that you were quoted when you booked. The only time that the dollar exchange rate would effect a person would be if they booked in USD and then made payments in CDN $$$$$. (that is not what you did).

Have a great cruise......

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whatever the price that you book it at is locked.  It will not adjust with exchange rate fluctuations.  

As well if you prepaid your gratuities, they will be locked in at the contract price.  As mentioned by someone else, the exchange rate changes for cruise planner purchases but not sure how often RCCL changes the rate but have seen a couple of price differences in the past few months due to exchange rate, not sales, etc.

If you purchased the original cruise on the Canadian website or with a Canadian travel agency the price is fixed.  If you have On Board Credit it is issued in USD and fluctuates daily.  When you log in you will see the amount of OBC in Canadian dollars. The excursions and drink packages etc. seem to change with prevailing rates.  If you see a good rate book and pay for it for these.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:33 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I got great excursions rates on Black Friday .  Anyone know of another "holiday" that excursions rates are reduced?  

On 3/16/2019 at 5:34 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Yup....even if Canadian money and Monopoly money look incredibly similar...

And money from anywhere else in the world, other than Murica...

It's also known as money that is hard to counterfeit...