Visas for Americans-Seychelles, Kenya, others

CincyAL

Anyone with recent personal experience with Visas for American Citizens for Seychelles, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique and South Africa.  Websites seem to give conflicting info. Particularly interested if "upon arrival" visas are option from ship.

15 minutes ago, CincyAL said:

Anyone with recent personal experience with Visas for American Citizens for Seychelles, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique and South Africa.  Websites seem to give conflicting info. Particularly interested if "upon arrival" visas are option from ship.

We talked with visacentral about this.  Worth giving them a call.  Conflicting info is everywhere.  I think we needed three visas obtained ahead of time:  India and two others in Africa.  Estimated cost for two getting them through visacentral was close to $1000.  One of the African country visas had to be obtained within 60 days of going to the country, if I recall correctly.

Visa Central UK charge very very high handling fees.  On cruises I needed visas for their discount price for azamara was still 2-400% higher than the visa would cost me doing it myself with a little bit of research and brain power.  They used to have the contract for our work visas but lost it due to cost and we are using smaller providers for a fraction of the cost (business visas are way more complex than tourist ones so its interesting the small guys have the expertise as well).  Visa Central elsewhere in the world may be different and more competitive, but my own experience is to avoid them if I can.

We did our Indian visas on line, sensible and easy and $85 US instead of $400 with Visa central, no brainer for us. You just read the instructions carefully and have your passport and pic uploaded in the right format and it’s easy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davwen81 said:

We did our Indian visas on line, sensible and easy and $85 US instead of $400 with Visa central, no brainer for us. You just read the instructions carefully and have your passport and pic uploaded in the right format and it’s easy. 

Same here. We had to post our passports and were concerned, but the service was excellent. We got a couple of texts to inform us of the progress of our applications and got everything back within 10 days.

17 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Same here. We had to post our passports and were concerned, but the service was excellent. We got a couple of texts to inform us of the progress of our applications and got everything back within 10 days.

Process differs depending on your country- the UK system doesn’t apply in USA which the poster asked about. For India though once issued US guests visas can last up to ten years. UK tourist visas rarely go beyond a year. It’s a factor that’s making us think carefully before rebooking a cruise involving India. We’ve already paid big money twice. 

Edited by uktog

26 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

The rules have changed recently and the Indian Government has introduced e-visas  for double or triple entry. Beats the old expensive and stressful post your passport system. It's perfect for cruise passengers.

• Like 1

In Africa now. The Kenya one was done on,ice vor me on the ship.forgot price.ship charged 50 per person for Moz. I was flying for Moz to Kenya..

S Africa was no,Visa but two passport meet and greet.other ports no known memory of them.