New Promotion

Beamafar

MSC has started a new promotion entitled 'Get More, Get All'.  They're offering the Easy package for OVs and the Premium for balconies and suites ... beats only getting the Premium on Fantastica bookings:

For your Winter 2019-2020 cruise, share your favourite moments on all your social apps like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and remain connected at all times with our Wi-Fi Social Package* while sipping on one of our refreshing drinks packages.

• Book an Interior cabin and receive a complimentary tea,water and coffee package and Wi-Fi Social Package

• Book an Outside cabin and take advantage of our Easy Drinks Package and Wi-Fi Social Package

• Book a Balcony cabin or a Suite and enjoy a Premium Drinks Package and Wi-Fi Social Package

• Book the luxurious Yacht Club Experience for unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass and Wi-Fi Social Package
Edited by Beamafar

2 hours ago, nednrom said:

I wonder if they have increased the price of the cabins for the promotion.  I'm not familiar with the fares, I have YC cabin booked during holiday so not sure that it would be comparable comparison.

I booked a cruise last Thursday on the Grandiosa.Just looked at the cruise price today and it is now £300 more.

I assume Beamafar posted the terms of the offer exactly as worded by MSC. I'm wondering how long before somebody expresses discontent because the  wording, " unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass" implies ALL drinks... which we know is NOT the case. There has been a lot of recent grumbling about the reduction in the "included" drinks in YC.

~Brian

15 hours ago, nednrom said:

I wonder if they have increased the price of the cabins for the promotion.  I'm not familiar with the fares, I have YC cabin booked during holiday so not sure that it would be comparable comparison.

I think we can all take a guess here 👹

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shukapaw said:

I assume Beamafar posted the terms of the offer exactly as worded by MSC. I'm wondering how long before somebody expresses discontent because the  wording, " unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass" implies ALL drinks... which we know is NOT the case. There has been a lot of recent grumbling about the reduction in the "included" drinks in YC.

~Brian

You're right, Brian.  I quoted what was stated on the MSC website and the wording struck me as well that it could be so easily misconstrued.  It's very misleading!

On the subject of the reduction in included drinks, what people fail to realise is that that happens all the time and not just as a result of the new drinks packages.  We used to always upgrade to the Deluxe package;  I could get Remy Martin XO @ €12 a glass as the top brand cognac at one time.  Then it was reduced to Janneau XO as the top end @ €8.95 a glass.  By last year, the "top end" was Martell VSOP @ €6.90 a glass!  There's a drop in value within the Deluxe package which had increased in price, between those changes, from €42 to €44 to €50.

Last September, Hendrick's was included;  last January it was in the Connoisseurs' Selection, so, although I had upgraded to Deluxe before the drinks package changes, I still didn't get what was included at the time of booking.  This is why I say that anyone with a Deluxe package 'grandfathered' in will really only get what the Premium package covers in the drinks element (the inclusion of the mini-bar, room service menu items and gelato will be the only difference).

I agree with everyone about the prices increasing to take account of the new "promotion" - you get nothing for nothing!  I didn't like it when MSC began including drinks packages in their fares as I felt it's unfair to those who drink alcohol.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 6:15 PM, Shocked91 said:

I booked a cruise last Thursday on the Grandiosa.Just looked at the cruise price today and it is now £300 more.

I guess it depends on the different deals you can get from different TA's. We booked our cruise on the Meraviglia (Jan 2020 from Miami) through a TA (balcony, therefore premium package included) and the price was barely more than when I was looking before the promotion...also, the agent was also able to apply the discount code to reduce it further! Worked out £120 less than MSC's current Bella Balcony price...

Edited by dwade1901