SUITE "UPSELL" - Yes or No - 4 NIGHTS

voljeep

To answer the question about cruise credits, when we took an upsell (not upgrade) about four years ago, we did indeed get two cruise credits each.  I can see those two credits in my cruise list, so I know it actually happened.

Enjoy your suite, voljeep.  I know we did.  And, yes, we WERE able to subsequently drop down to mini-suites and balconies, but it hurts.  😂

• Haha 1

If you don't have gratuities covered as a booking perk, you will likely have the higher amount charged to your folio each day.  Mini bar will be there as will the rest of the perks which it sounds like you've already found.  And as you've already figured, it is best to deal with the balcony dining on board.  I've always asked the Passenger Services desk folks about it and they usually have to check but have always approved the specialty dining credit.

• Thanks 1

Forgot to add: when we've taken suite upsells in the past, I've gone to the Captain's Circle host / hostess and they have added the extra cruise credit.  When I have forgotten to do that while on the ship, a quick email to Captain's Circle has done the trick.  Hopefully that is still happening!

23 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Forgot to add: when we've taken suite upsells in the past, I've gone to the Captain's Circle host / hostess and they have added the extra cruise credit.  When I have forgotten to do that while on the ship, a quick email to Captain's Circle has done the trick.  Hopefully that is still happening!

Good to know. My return cruise isn’t till November and BE category cabins are wide  open, so I can afford to wait till after the May cruise to see how many credits post for that cruise and then decide if I can, or want to change cabin type on the November leg. Right now the cruise history for my profile shows 1 future credit for the May sailing that has now “upselled” to a full suite and the November cruise shows 2 future credits as that was booked as a suite.

I’ll stick with the balcony breakfast, well at least the 1/2 bottle of bubbles 😉 as it’s only a 3 day cruise and I want to try out Club class dining. That reminds me, I need to pop onto the cruise personalizer and switch from confirmed late seating to anytime. 

Edited by polmcs

On 3/20/2019 at 6:01 PM, voljeep said:

balcony to SUITE

SUITE* DEAL! SPECTACULAR UPGRADE OFFER *ACT FAST*
Princess Cruises has selected you for this exclusive offer! Upgrade your BALCONY CABIN on your MAY 14, 2019 sailing of CARIBBEAN PRINCESS!

Breeze into a FULL SUITE and enjoy the premium accommodations and luxurious appointments that are the signature of our expansive suites. All suites include a separate seating area, walk-in closet, full bathroom, spacious balcony and deluxe suite amenities. This offer includes a Deluxe Balcony Breakfast for 2 on the morning of your choice.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING SUITES (rates are in addition to fare already paid):
Full Suites (Cat S2-S6) size from: 491 sqft - $379 USD/$550 CAD* per person
This offer is ONLY available by calling (Mon-Fri) 1-800-243-7342 extension 30743. Offer is based on availability and space is limited.
*CAD pricing estimate only, see details below. **Single occupancy pays 200%.

That CAD fare is a joke - not to mention a ripoff.  Based on the USD fare and Princess' current exchange rate of 1.3, it should be $492.70.  IDK who at Princess came up with $550 - YIKES!!  An ages old exchange rate of about 45%.