SUITE "UPSELL" - Yes or No - 4 NIGHTS

voljeep

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I personally think $100 daily extra for a short cruise is more then I would pay. 

The balcony breakfast is a waste because you have breakfast in the specialty restaurant every morning which is fresh and hot at a real table. 

I agree that the balcony breakfast is a waste but you can trade it for onboard credit to use elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mapu said:

I agree that the balcony breakfast is a waste but you can trade it for onboard credit to use elsewhere.

They wouldn't trade it last time for me for OBC on the Regal. It was use it or lose it.  I even tried to switch it to a friend sailing with us and they weren't willing to do that.

I agree it's a waste, you can get breakfast delivered from the MDR.

5 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

They wouldn't trade it last time for me for OBC on the Regal. It was use it or lose it.  I even tried to switch it to a friend sailing with us and they weren't willing to do that.

I have done it twice, once on the Regal where the Suite Concierge facilitated it.  We thought  taking advantage of it on our last cruise on the Sapphire might be something we wanted to try and was so dissatisfied that we were credited for it. Before the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast increased in price I used to give it as a gift. Based on personal experience I would always make the case to trade it in especially if you are in a full  suite when you can have breakfast delivered from the dining room any day or days you want.

We did take the upsell and are now in a Penthouse Suite ... we thought long and hard about the aft VISTA, but since we had previously sailed in a deluxe/premium deluxe true aft balcony ( and loved it ) we went to the PH

trying to look at the total price per person and not the incremental jump we just paid ...

never been in a suite, may not ever again, so this time we took it .... maybe not the best financial decision, but sometimes you just gotta say wt* and move on ... looking forward to CC dining, Sabatini's breakfast ,comp in the Grown Grill embarkation night and all else that goes with the suite - especially the looks nice walk in shower, and not a shower/tub combo like in the minis ... and just for the record , our S-4 is cheaper than the current CC mini pricing ...

will try to switch the comp balcony breakfast ($ 45) for OBC

DONE and PAID

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I just asked for a credit and they put the $45 on my account.

potential exchange of balcony breakfast perk ($45) for OBC is in process ...

called the general Princess line, explained, put on hold, transferred to the upsell agent from last night,

left message for callback ...

we've done the balcony breakfast before - while very nice ... way too much food for two people ... plus, anyway we can order off the complete mdr menu for room service ... or more than likely go to Sabatini's / Crown Grill for the mimosa breakfast

that's where this stands ...

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

We did take the upsell and are now in a Penthouse Suite ... we thought long and hard about the aft VISTA, but since we had previously sailed in a deluxe/premium deluxe true aft balcony ( and loved it ) we went to the PH

trying to look at the total price per person and not the incremental jump we just paid ...

never been in a suite, may not ever again, so this time we took it .... maybe not the best financial decision, but sometimes you just gotta say wt* and move on ... looking forward to CC dining, Sabatini's breakfast ,comp in the Grown Grill embarkation night and all else that goes with the suite - especially the looks nice walk in shower, and not a shower/tub combo like in the minis ... and just for the record , our S-4 is cheaper than the current CC mini pricing ...

DONE and PAID

Congratulations on a great choice, and enjoy the cruise!!

• Thanks 1

We too got an up sell offer for our upcoming LA to Vancouver cruise in May, which we accepted. We went from a BE balcony to an S3 Penthouse suite. We also got the balcony breakfast included as part of the upsell. I’m looking forward to the cook to order breakfast in the specialty restaurant each morning, so I wasn’t going to bother with the balcony breakfast, but I see that it includes a 1/2 bottle of bubbles, so I may ask them to hold the food and just bring the wine! 😉

I know that if upgraded, you still only get 1 cruise credit, but if one goes the upsell route, do you get the 2 cruise credits as you would if you booked a suite right from the outset? I have the same cruise booked in reverse later this year booked in Vista suite to get the last 2 credits needed for Elite. I could potentially drop down to my usual BE balcony on that cruise and still make Elite. 🙂 Then again I might get used to the suite life on the way up and stay right where I am! I’m guessing that is what Princess hopes.

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

DONE and PAID

Congratulations!  By the way, they don't comp the first night in a specialty restaurant for a 4 day cruise but you'll enjoy the rest of the perks.  As for the balcony breakfast, I've never received OBC but have been able to talk them into applying the value of the balcony breakfast towards the cover charge for a specialty restaurant.  Good luck and enjoy!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Congratulations!  By the way, they don't comp the first night in a specialty restaurant for a 4 day cruise but you'll enjoy the rest of the perks.  As for the balcony breakfast, I've never received OBC but have been able to talk them into applying the value of the balcony breakfast towards the cover charge for a specialty restaurant.  Good luck and enjoy!

Didn't read anywhere that the specialty restaurant wasn't included as a suite perk the first night ... real life experience or can you point me in that direction about the terms?

Balcony breakfast for OBC was a no-go - upsell offer perks are 'non-negotiable' according to the Princess rep that I called to accept the upsell

Need to find out if we could apply the $45 to Crown Grill ... maybe even wait until on board now for that

also need to find out about the 2 credits for the upsell to PH - we each stand at 12 now

Do we still get the mini-bar set-up on a 4 day?

OK, that was in the really fine print ... cruises 6 days or longer ... bummer, but not really a major problem

at this point

we had a UBD ( Ultimate balcony dinner ) booked when we had the BE, but cancelled it when we got CC dining

now once onboard, we 'may' try to apply the breakfast $45 to the UBD $100 or Crown Grill $58 for 2

if all no go ... we'll just enjoy it the morning we pull into Cozumel as we have no set plans for that day ...

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

OK, that was in the really fine print ... cruises 6 days or longer ... bummer, but not really a major problem

at this point

we had a UBD ( Ultimate balcony dinner ) booked when we had the BE, but cancelled it when we got CC dining

now once onboard, we 'may' try to apply the breakfast $45 to the UBD $100 or Crown Grill $58 for 2

if all no go ... we'll just enjoy it the morning we pull into Cozumel as we have no set plans for that day ...

If you get a credit for the UBB it will just go back to your onboard account as a $45 credit.

IMO........I wouldn't waste your time trying to get a credit for the UBB over the phone pre cruise.

We just dealt with room service and they took care of it.

21 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

So on the up sells, do the gratuities change?  If you have grats included already?  And do they tell you this up front?

Yes you pay the increase. It is that way regardless of how you get the upgrade.

If auto grats are an included promo and moved over to the new cabin then they will be adjusted by Princess to cover the increase.

13 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

So on the up sells, do the gratuities change?  If you have grats included already?  And do they tell you this up front?

not sure about that - we did NOT have grats included and I believe they went from 13.50 to 15.50 pp pd ... have to check on that

when  we took our move offer from a 5 day to a 7 day, Princess did cover the extra 2 days of grats, and increased port charges ... we had to pay for the extra 2 days of PBP, but had plenty of OBC to cover the whole 7 days, and got a refund for the 5 days we had previously paid

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you get a credit for the UBB it will just go back to your onboard account as a $45 credit.

IMO........I wouldn't waste your time trying to get a credit for the UBB over the phone pre cruise.

We just dealt with room service and they took care of it.

yep, that's the plan once we board now ... thanks