What should I bring home for a 7 year old cruise ship super fan?

Tamsin72

I hope you can help me. I have a 7 year old student in my class who is a cruise ship super fan. He is a walking encyclopedia of cruise facts and he’s never been on a cruise of his own although his family has one planned for the summer. He was so excited to find out I had a cruise planned and he told me all about my ship.

I leave today and I’m wondering what can I bring him from the ship that he will love but is not too expensive and will tide him over until he gets to go on his own trip? We’re on Majesty of the Seas.

Hopefully he doesn’t read this forum...but I wouldn’t put it past him. Lol.

Once you're on board stop by the ships logo store. You'll find all kinds of things that may be of interest to him from ship models to attire. A couple of ideas since he's getting ready to take his first cruise would be maybe a lanyard and maybe a captains hat.

Image result for Majesty of the Seas logo store

Image result for royal caribbean captains hat

• Like 1

I nice note to the Captain and Chief Engineer dropped off at Guest Services, asking for a copy of the ship's "data sheet", and perhaps photos of the "builder's plate" (the brass plate showing the ship's name, building yard, date, and hull number), and maybe a photo of one of the diesel engine's nameplate would help with his fascination of ship's data.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I nice note to the Captain and Chief Engineer dropped off at Guest Services, asking for a copy of the ship's "data sheet", and perhaps photos of the "builder's plate" (the brass plate showing the ship's name, building yard, date, and hull number), and maybe a photo of one of the diesel engine's nameplate would help with his fascination of ship's data.

Totally agree with Cheng, that a note to the Captain & Chief Engineer will most likely receive some real mementos. I know for sure when receiving similar notes or calls, we have gone out of our way to help. When kids were on-board we would have them up to the Bridge and get photos sitting in the seat, etc.

Might even get a photo of the Bridge, tender ops, etc.

Perhaps it's just me , but I find the idea of a teacher buying souvenirs for one student, out of all their students, completely  inappropriate.  And even more so if they haven't discussed this in advance with the parents.

However, informational items such as those suggested by Chengkp and Heidi sound like the ideal thing for a young person with an interest in cruise ships and related data.

20 minutes ago, mom says said:

Perhaps it's just me , but I find the idea of a teacher buying souvenirs for one student, out of all their students, completely  inappropriate.  And even more so if they haven't discussed this in advance with the parents.

However, informational items such as those suggested by Chengkp and Heidi sound like the ideal thing for a young person with an interest in cruise ships and related data.

I think that the OP can use these items as teaching aides for a discussion about ships, and then give them as prizes to the student who answers the most questions, or something similar.

• Like 1

I agree that a note to the Master can result in some 'out of the ordinary' results ....

how the teacher uses these is a different question ......

as a ship captain I entertained many "flat Stanley" quests!!!!

he steered the ship

talked on the radio

& flew the helo

###########

for OP

get a Capt's hat ... he'll love it

Edited by Capt_BJ

Yes, I am sure the OP will bring something for each of her students! These kids are 7 years old.......so perhaps a post card for each child of the cruise ship.....a note pad......some of the little things that have the cruise line logo on it......as someone said earlier, to use the items for discussion and learning......