Allure questions - trip starts March 31

Hello,

I have a few questions for anyone on the Allure now, or recently on:

1) Who is/will be the headliner for our cruise?

2) Will bartenders give you an unopened bottle of beer to take back to your room? I would like to put a couple of bottles in an ice bucket to have ready on the balcony, but I don't want them all open at once.

3) Does Park Cafe have all coffees/teas that are covered under deluxe drink package? We are on Deck 8 and that would be a very convenient place to go in the morning. Is the coffee any good? Not interested in buying Starbucks.

4) My mom recently had to start using a wheelchair, and this will be our first time on a trip having to use it - can anyone give tips on getting her decent "parking" for the shows, navigating congested areas, etc? Are there designated wheelchair rows at the venues?  I don't think we have to use a tender to get off the ship in any locations, so hope that debarking goes smoothly too.

5) Setting up the text feature on Royal App. Can we do this without being on the ship, like the night before, in our hotel room? Do I need the phone numbers of everyone,  room numbers, reservation #"s? We have 5 couples with us that we want to put in the app and be able to text with during the trip.

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Get headliner info from web_reservations@rccl.com.

Bartenders will give you an unopened bottle of beer if you are purchasing it, and not on a beverage package.  They have instructions (exceptions will be cited) to open beers  for those on beverage packages and drink vouchers.

Bob got #1 and #2...

3. Coffee/tea. I think Park Cafe has all the standard teas, but if they don't grab a handful of your favourite teabags when you see them in case they are out.... There have been a few complaints here about the coffee, but whether coffee is good is a matter of opinion.

4. There are usually wheelchair areas at the back of most venues. I find most pax are good about making way for a wheelchair. At debark time they have a dedicated departure elevator for wheelchairs, so be sure to talk to someone about that. My family's experience was the crew helped get my mom off the ship and then handed her off to a land based porter.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Bartenders will give you an unopened bottle of beer if you are purchasing it, and not on a beverage package.  They have instructions (exceptions will be cited) to open beers  for those on beverage packages and drink vouchers.

We will able to get unopened cans of beer on our last cruise, we had the deluxe beverage package.  My husband liked a certain IPA (don't recall the name) they had in the pub.  Would take both our cards there every day and get two unopened cans.  Maybe it is dependent on the venue/bartender? :classic_wink:

46 minutes ago, kag19 said:

We will able to get unopened cans of beer on our last cruise, we had the deluxe beverage package.  My husband liked a certain IPA (don't recall the name) they had in the pub.  Would take both our cards there every day and get two unopened cans.  Maybe it is dependent on the venue/bartender? :classic_wink:

We used our D+ 3 drink promo and got unopened cans of diet cokes that we placed in the fridge, so IMO it should apply to beer.  Just tip accordingly.

6 hours ago, threedogsmom said:

5) Setting up the text feature on Royal App. Can we do this without being on the ship, like the night before, in our hotel room? Do I need the phone numbers of everyone,  room numbers, reservation #"s? 

No, you need to be connected to the ship's WiFi for set up. You won't need phone numbers but the other info. It might be easier/faster to do this at the VOOM kiosk on the ship.

12 hours ago, jordanaire said:

We're on the cruise right after yours and I was told that the headliner on our cruise is a juggler. Whoopie, huh?

If the juggler is Adam Kario he was on our Allure cruise in February and we really enjoyed his show. He is more of a comedian than a juggler. Of course, comedy is very subjective. You can google him and watch his videos to see if it is something you would enjoy. I hope this helps!

11 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

If the juggler is Adam Kario he was on our Allure cruise in February and we really enjoyed his show. He is more of a comedian than a juggler. Of course, comedy is very subjective. You can google him and watch his videos to see if it is something you would enjoy. I hope this helps!

Just jog my memory, is this Headliner background DNA various nationalities and if the same person, I agree with you.  He was funny as heck and dissing everyone in sight with clean humor.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Just jog my memory, is this Headliner background DNA various nationalities and if the same person, I agree with you.  He was funny as heck and dissing everyone in sight with clean humor.

I don't know about his DNA but he did diss on everyone with clean humor.