help me out, room configuration

pehlibaar

I could have sworn there was somewhere on ncl.com that I could request that the beds be pushed together as a queen rather than as two twins. I have done online check in, checked everywhere and cannot find where that is/was/could be done. Someone help me out.

3 minutes ago, pehlibaar said:

I could have sworn there was somewhere on ncl.com that I could request that the beds be pushed together as a queen rather than as two twins. I have done online check in, checked everywhere and cannot find where that is/was/could be done. Someone help me out.

Cannot be done online!  Same last-name male/females are assumed to be married and two beds will be one automatically.

Call to specify your desired configuration!

Just call NCL and ask them to note this in your reservation. (Even if it doesn’t happen, your cabin steward will be able to take care of it after you embark, but I agree it’s preferable to have the bed already set up the way you want.)

1 hour ago, pehlibaar said:

NCL does not take bed requests ahead of cruise. You have to ask your room steward once you are onboard. In many rooms, the default bed configuration is pushed together. 

20 hours ago, pehlibaar said:

Standard is to put them together. If they are not how you want them tell the steward when you embark and they will be fixed by bed time.

IMO the pillows are too firm, so I doubt that they disintegrate under your head.

Edited by zqvol

Yep, ask when you arrive although I believe they are done like that no matter what. I always travel alone so I request them to be separated when I arrive and it's never a problem. And I found the pillows quite comfortable! Usually two firm and two soft in the room.

19 hours ago, pehlibaar said:

Thank you all so much, I don't know what made me think I could do it online! Does anyone know if they have those awful pillows that pretty much disintegrate under your head? Can I request firm/foam pillows?

When we've sailed on Royal, they do ask this as part of the booking process (or somewhere along the line).  But NCL doesn't seem to, as others have noted.  Default does seem to be together.

Splitting or Joining the beds it is a 10 minute job at best by a seasoned cabin attendant.

When you check into your cabin tell the cabin attendant what you want.

The default as noted is beds joined.

Usual protocol is to have it done by evening turn-down service - unless required earlier.

KING beds can not be split. 

Splitting of the beds may result in one or both beds being up against a wall or bulkhead.

Positioning of bed side tables may have both tables in between the beds.

Telephone and lighting switches may make this an awkward arrangement.

You can still store your luggage under the split beds.

Pillow selection is automatically provided for suites - for other cabin classes ask the cabin attendant.

If requesting a bed position change it stands to reason please keep your luggage and items off the bed(s).  

On 3/21/2019 at 9:04 PM, BirdTravels said:

NCL does not take bed requests ahead of cruise. You have to ask your room steward once you are onboard. In many rooms, the default bed configuration is pushed together. 

This fortunately is not true.  We were able to make the bed configuration request on the phone well before our cruise.  We had called for something else and the young woman assisting us was able to take that request as well.