Best Travel Agencies for HAL Good Pricing/Perks

jjeffjb

1 hour ago, FoodWineTravel said:

So what are these top 3?

WOW, you resurrected a post from 2019.  Much has changed in that time including cruise/travel agencies.  All 3 of our favored agencies (from 2019) have survived the COVID shutdown, but only two remain on our favorite list with 1 agency losing my trust/support because of substandard customer service.   But alas, the rules of Cruise Critic do not permit me to share the names of specific agencies.  As always, we suggest that folks ship around among reputable high volume cruise agencies to find the best deals.

Perhaps one big change since 2019 is that MSC continues to grow and prosper while much of their competition is encumbered by huge debt service obligations.  MSC has even developed a new luxury cruise line (Explora Journeys) which will begin cruise operations next July.  That line will likely have 6 ships (about 900 passenger) within a few short years.  

I think the other big development, in the industry, is the continued proliferation of the "ship within a ship" concept.  Many cruise lines are now providing very special onboard amenities to certain higher priced cabin categories.  For those of us who like both the luxury lines for their high quality, and mass market lines for their many onboard options, a ship within a ship offers the best of both worlds.  MSC's Yacht Club, Celebrity's Retreat suites, and NCLs Haven Suites all tend to sell out as many folks are happy to pay for quality.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for resurrecting this thread as it has been an interesting read!  Plan to transfer my Alaska 2024 cruise to a TA after I do some more research on our next cruise in February. The February cruise was booked through a large agency and the TA has not been too impressive. I usually do all the bookings for hotels, shuttles, airfare, excursions, etc but was interested if he had some deals on hotels, shuttles, etc but found him hard to reach so I ended up booking myself for better deals than he eventually quoted. 

it is a real shame we can't help each other out here, it would be VERY helpful to know that (totally making it up) 60% of CC members would recommend XYZ TA.  For pure price, I still like to make sure I am getting the best deal via blind quotes from multiple TAs on the compete site....although 75% of the time, the same company (for the last 10 years) is always on top.

2 hours ago, pghflyer said:

it is a real shame we can't help each other out here, it would be VERY helpful to know that (totally making it up) 60% of CC members would recommend XYZ TA.  For pure price, I still like to make sure I am getting the best deal via blind quotes from multiple TAs on the compete site....although 75% of the time, the same company (for the last 10 years) is always on top.

Why not just list the agencies?

11 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

"But alas, the rules of Cruise Critic do not permit me to share the names of specific agencies.  "

Dumb.  Do it anyway.  Point me to something that says it is not permitted.

Guess rules don't apply to some people. 

• Like 2