Bermuda Beach?

bjfitz0703

We really like the beach below the Mid Ocean Club-- the only downside is that its private access either through the MOC or Rosewood beach club next door. We are members of a club at home that has reciprocal relationship with the Mid Ocean Club so we are able to use their beach club and the beach below. You could always book a room at Rosewood for a night to get access to it. Expensive, but what a beach and usually very few people on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjfitz0703 said:

Looking for solid beaches beyond Horseshoe.  What are good options?  Understand tons go to Horseshoe and not a fan of packed beaches.  thanks

All you have to do is walk to the left of the facilities at Horseshoe to get away from the crowds.  If you don't mind laying on a towel, no chair rentals and porta potties,  there is Warwick Long Bay and John Smith's Bay. They are not crowded because it is facilities that draws people. Elbow Beach and Coco Reef Resorts have had ay passes available, If you are interested in a day pass they sell them on https://www.resortforaday.com/Bermuda-Day-Pass-s/1852.htm  You could also take a towel to lay on at Elbow. Sometimes there is a vendor at Elbow that rents chairs at the public part of the beach. Clearwater Beach does not get crowded and had facilities and chair rentals. The only caveat is that it is on the other end of Bermuda from the Dockyard and more dificult to get to which is why it is less crowded.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been to Clearwater.   Yes, it was a chore to get there!  Two city busses and some walking, but I thought it was worth it.   The bus ride was long but 100% scenic!   If you chose Clearwater, I would recommend taking a taxi - it will be very expensive however. 

I hate crowds (why do I go cruising....that's another story).     Other than a group of local children, we were the only ones on the beach.   It is fairly calm water.,  I believe most of the time?  There is a bar/changing room situation nearby.    The highlight was walking over to the next beach area - Cooper's Island Reserve - rock outcrops and amazing scenery.    

• Like 1

A second vote for Clearwater Beach. Well worth the long trek. 

Just make sure that you take the ferry to and from Hamilton and not the bus. The bus  takes forever. Once in Hamilton you will take a bus to St. George and then another bus to the beach.

16 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

A second vote for Clearwater Beach. Well worth the long trek. 

Just make sure that you take the ferry to and from Hamilton and not the bus. The bus  takes forever. Once in Hamilton you will take a bus to St. George and then another bus to the beach.

The problem with that is under the new bus schedule the #6 bus from St. George no longer directly serves Clearwater Beach.

Thank you njhorseman. I appreciate the information. Do you know if there is still a bus that gets you close enough to the beach, that you can walk to it?

Last year, we did do that once instead of being dropped off at the beach itself, because we did not want to wait for the direct bus.

We found that the Bermuda bus system was very convenient but not always quick! 

Thank you njhorseman. I appreciate the information. Do you know if there is still a bus that gets you close enough to the beach, that you can walk to it?
Last year, we did do that once instead of being dropped off at the beach itself, because we did not want to wait for the direct bus.
We found that the Bermuda bus system was very convenient but not always quick! 

The #6 bus that does not stop at the beach still runs. It runs about once every hour.

e46b4e1459116e8e91369fea2002fd6a.jpg

Less than $20... it's only a little over 4 miles.

Since taxis are metered can only make an estimate but probably would be between $17 and $20 if they have 1-4 passengers. Plus tip. Rates are higher for 5-7. If there happen to be other people going or coming back I suggest sharing a taxi with them.

• 3 weeks later...