2 persons in one cabin but check in separately, possible?

Fly2where

Hi, 

2 cruisemates (both adults), 1 will arrives MIA around 11am, however, another one arrives at 2pm. The first person would like to check in and board the ship by herself, so she doesn't have to wait for 3 hours. Is this possible? 

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Fly2where said:

Hi, 

2 cruisemates (both adults), 1 will arrives MIA around 11am, however, another one arrives at 2pm. The first person would like to check in and board the ship by herself, so she doesn't have to wait for 3 hours. Is this possible? 

Thanks

Of course. There's all sorts of reasons people check in separately. Just make sure each has their own paperwork.

And the one arriving at 2 at MIA is running an incredible risk of missing the ship. They have to be checked in absolutely no later than 60 minutes before sailaway (although they'll need to verify that - some lines require no later than 120 minutes before) - that's by their clocks, not yours.  If sailaway is 5pm, they'll likely be pushing it way too close.

Of at all possible, I'd be looking at changing that flight (and even the 11am arrival one) to earlier in the day, or better yet the day before.  Good luck 

No problem checking in separately. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Sailaways at Miami are usually 7pm.  Guests must be onboard by 5pm.  EM

Eastern cruises sailaway is 5pm. Western, it's 7pm.  Makes a difference. 

Either way, 2pm arrival at MIA is cutting it really close.  

While yes you can check in separately, pay very much attention as to your specific time of departure from Miami.

I have just spot checked April sails and see both 5 and 6 pm departures on various sailing,  and it seems later in the year it goes to 7, so as to provide adequate time for Air travel passengers and air schedule changes.

Far too many people  here give advice based on their own specific experience while sailing on a specific cruise without regard to potential  differences.

14 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

MSc Seaside are either 17.00 or 19.00 Armonia is 16.00

Our Armonia sailing states departure at 19.00.

As stated previously, just check your individual sailing time. 

Some posters have said they've boarded with less than 2 hours to departure, too close for my comfort but they claimed to have done without issue. 

27 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Our Armonia sailing states departure at 19.00.

As stated previously, just check your individual sailing time. 

Some posters have said they've boarded with less than 2 hours to departure, too close for my comfort but they claimed to have done without issue. 

Oops you are correct I was looking at the ship below the msc armonia which was a different line must get my eyes checked out

As you say I would never think about boarding with less than 2 hours to departure in some cases cruise lines can deny you boarding as on my ticket for june it says checkin closes at 17.00 even though the ship leaves at 19.00