Robes

cole'snana

2 minutes ago, cole'snana said:

Cruising first time on Princess on the Caribbean Princess in May. Do all rooms (we're in Oceanview) get robes or only certain rooms or certain high levels with Princess?

2 minutes ago, cole'snana said:

Cruising first time on Princess on the Caribbean Princess in May. Do all rooms (we're in Oceanview) get robes or only certain rooms or certain high levels with Princess?

You can request them in the Personalizer under Preferences. They may or may not be in the cabin. If not, ask your steward, and if there are any available, he’ll get them. 

The higher categories get them automatically, unless they don’t. That happens. 

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

All cabins from inside to full suites get bathrobes.

If there they are not in your cabin (sometimes happens) just ask your cabin steward to get them for you.  

That has been our experience. Just check as you are unpacking. If it is not hanging in the closet, just ask the steward when you see him/her. They are very good at getting it to you.

25 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

I think that when you board, they are normally being laundered.  If you ask your steward, he will get you robes when they are ready.

Indeed. You may not receive them until day two.

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't bother. As far as I could tell the robes came in Small, Extra Small, and Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie.

They are t-shirts for me.

DW likes them and uses them to go up to the hot tub with me.

11 hours ago, cole'snana said:

If robes are not in your cabin ask Stewart to get them for you.

Enjoy.

Anybody ever request a larger size robe? The last few cruises my robe so small I hardly ever wore it and was afraid I would be flashing anyone coming to my door. Surely I would be charged with indecent exposure and hauled off to the ship brig. I thought about asking the suite attendant for a larger size, but haven't done that to date.    

53 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

Anybody ever request a larger size robe? The last few cruises my robe so small I hardly ever wore it and was afraid I would be flashing anyone coming to my door. Surely I would be charged with indecent exposure and hauled off to the ship brig. I thought about asking the suite attendant for a larger size, but haven't done that to date.    

Ask Stewart  to get you an xl or xxl if you need it.

Good luck.

They seem to have changed the robes to a different type. The last few cruises (Ruby & Star) we've done the robes were just like the ones we got on the Ultimate Ship Tour. More like suite robes. So, maybe the suite robes have been upgraded?

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They seem to have changed the robes to a different type. The last few cruises (Ruby & Star) we've done the robes were just like the ones we got on the Ultimate Ship Tour. More like suite robes. So, maybe the suite robes have been upgraded?

I think we got better robes in the mini suites as one of the perks if I am not mistaken. Anyone else know that for sure either way?

18 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

I think we got better robes in the mini suites as one of the perks if I am not mistaken. Anyone else know that for sure either way?

If you are PAX mini-suite or above, do you take your robes home?

58 minutes ago, jwattle said:

And every time I wear it, it brings back cruise memories! 

Amen,

What ship did you do it on?

I did the Star the very first cruise they did it, or the first time for the CD staff member did it, as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRabbit said:

Amen,

What ship did you do it on?

I did the Star the very first cruise they did it, or the first time for the CD staff member did it, as far as I know

I did it on the Grand, which was our first time with Princess. We will be on Coral in September and then Enchanted next November and I hope to do those as well to see the differences in the different classes. It's fascinating to me!