Island Princess Dry Dock Schedule

waltd

Could anyone tell me if there is a  dry dock scheduled for the Island  Princess any time before Jan. 2021?   Was curious if Princess will be updating the ship prior to the World Cruise.   I'm not sure where to look to find the information.   Thanks

Joe

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, enfuego4cruising said:

Here is a link for the Princess fleet dry dock schedule. It is very informative, but it is unofficial.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Thanks    Doesn't look like anything new is scheduled for the Island on this website just yet.    Maybe in the future.

• 4 months later...

I'm reviving this old thread here in August rather than creating a new one. 

The linked schedule above shows a dry dock for Dec 6 through Dec 19th, and I've seen a brief mention of an upcoming dry dock mentioned in a youtube video as well, but Princess is selling a 10-day panama on the 6th and a 4-day Dominican getaway on the 16th.  

I'm booked for the 4-day on the 16th, which I could reconcile with the dry-dock schedule as a conservative dry-dock schedule and the 4-day basically a glorified road test, but the fact that it's scheduled for the 6th really has me scratching my head.  Is there a dry dock coming up?  Conflicting evidence.

The 4-day cruise is likely a way to reset the schedule to days of the week that work better for the overall marketing of the ship - it shifts the subsequent 10-day cruise to not end right at Christmas (likely a terrible time to have cruise passengers flying into or out of the embarkation port).

6 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

I'm reviving this old thread here in August rather than creating a new one. 

The linked schedule above shows a dry dock for Dec 6 through Dec 19th, and I've seen a brief mention of an upcoming dry dock mentioned in a youtube video as well, but Princess is selling a 10-day panama on the 6th and a 4-day Dominican getaway on the 16th.  

I'm booked for the 4-day on the 16th, which I could reconcile with the dry-dock schedule as a conservative dry-dock schedule and the 4-day basically a glorified road test, but the fact that it's scheduled for the 6th really has me scratching my head.  Is there a dry dock coming up?  Conflicting evidence.

You have your years mixed up (and the website is wrong - I think that has been posted before???).  The cruises you mention are in 2019.  The dry-dock is in Nov 2020, over in Europe.

17 hours ago, steelers36 said:

You have your years mixed up (and the website is wrong - I think that has been posted before???).  The cruises you mention are in 2019.  The dry-dock is in Nov 2020, over in Europe.

The fact that the website is wrong and the real drydock is in 2020 clears it up - thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, loge23 said:

Ship cam shows the Island in dry dock today. 

Wow 2 years since this original conversation...and apparently a 10 month delay on the original Nov 2020 dry dock schedule.  I wonder what's on the to-do list.  I would think updating to accommodate medallion would have to be #1 on the list with new protocols.

The island was my last cruise.  Didn't know it at the time but man am I glad we decided to jump on that little 4-day getaway back in December of 2019! Didn't think a ton of it at the time but we had no idea what was about to happen.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

We are curious too!  Thank you for any info you can share!

This is the answer I just received from PVP......................Sorry, no details released yet.

I guess it is a secret.............

Edited by rabin1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rabin1 said:

This is the answer I just received from PVP......................Sorry, no details released yet.

I guess it is a secret.............

I called our PVP and she said it should be in dry doc right now:  (Aug 17 to Aug 31.)  No detail on what is being done...

On 3/25/2019 at 9:37 AM, waltd said:

Could anyone tell me if there is a  dry dock scheduled for the Island  Princess any time before Jan. 2021?   Was curious if Princess will be updating the ship prior to the World Cruise.   I'm not sure where to look to find the information.   Thanks

Joe

Island Princess is currently in dry dock #8 in Marseilles France.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uspearls said:

No need to be dismissive.  I agree with JaniceB.  I'm booked on her next year and I certainly am interested to know.....

Maybe do but your cruise wasn’t cancelled. Whatever 

38 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Doesn’t matter cruises are cancelled

Sorry cruises are cancelled but the Island Princess is in drydock right now so the dry docks are still going on.  I just wondered why Princess doesn't post what the changes or new additions are.  

Personally I'd guess they're not really making any significant changes, otherwise they would have made some announcements about it.  I suspect this is more of a case where they had the opportunity to get it's routine drydock requirement out of the way when it wasn't being used for passengers anyways, so it just made sense to do it early.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

So what will the Island be doing after dry dock with no cruises scheduled for 8 months?

and therein lies the 64 bazillion dollar question...

We are scheduled for British Isles in July 2022 on Island and are now wondering if it will really happen?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gbldcl said:

and therein lies the 64 bazillion dollar question...

We are scheduled for British Isles in July 2022 on Island and are now wondering if it will really happen?

Likewise. We're booked on the July 2022 Fire & Ice sailing. Not optimistic - about this ship or the cruise line for the matter at this point.

About a year ago, we were discussing the cost of maintaining the inactive fleet. Here we are a year later and Princess has two (soon to be three) ships in service; one in Alaska and the other two out of Southampton. This company is hemorrhaging serious cash. 

Princess has had two new ships come out since the pandemic began: Enchanted and Discovery. Something has to go, and the Island and Coral (2003) are among their oldest in service now (the Caribbean Princess is now the oldest, 1998). Princess has all but ceded their Caribbean cruise business to Celebrity for now.

Hope I'm wrong here, but this isn't looking too good for the Princess Cruises we all knew and loved. The latest cancellations really hit home for us - or I should say, kept us at home.