The Insignia WiFi

cruzemaven

We were on the Celebrity Reflection this past summer and the WiFi worked great. We were able to use our iPhones to text our grandchildren in Florida from the middle of The Mediterranean using the ship's WiFi ...How is the WiFi onboard The Insignia? I know they offer free Wifi for one device at a time....is there an upgrade we can purchase to have two devices connected at the same time? 

2 minutes ago, cruzemaven said:

is there an upgrade we can purchase to have two devices connected at the same time? 

There is no such upgrade but you can buy a separate package for the second device.

IMO it’s not worth it unless both of you must be online 24/7

A strange thing happened on our wifi, about a week or so ago...it used to be, if you tried to log onto another device, when you were already connected with one, you would get an error message, and a red tab asking if you wished to disconnect that device, and enable logging on to the other one.....but now, there doesn't seem to be any restriction on having more than one logged on the same account at the same time.   I don't know if that is a 'fluke', or it was done intentially....

I currently have both my phone and laptop online....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

It's not a problem...no worries.

Interesting that you should say that here as somebody with your screen name just posted this in another thread:

"I find the wifi excruciatingly slow...

uploading more than a few photos often fails.  I would do more, but I find it very frustrating...☹️"

Not to put too fine a point on this, but perhaps if everyone restricted themselves to the single device which was promised, the speed and dependability for all might improve.  Just saying 😊

Just now, StanandJim said:

Interesting that you should say that here as somebody with your screen name just posted this in another thread:

uploading more than a few photos often fails.  I would do more, but I find it very frustrating...☹️"

It was BOB BROWN   in this  thread you were quoting

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2648597-wi-fi/

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Real texting to a phone number requires Cellular at Sea.  Other text services like Whatsapp. Messenger -- are WiFI oriented.

If you set up WiFi calling on your phone you can do real texting to a phone number that does not require Cellular at Sea.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:55 AM, StanandJim said:

Not to put too fine a point on this, but perhaps if everyone restricted themselves to the single device which was promised, the speed and dependability for all might improve.  Just saying 😊

On 3/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, LHT28 said:

It was BOB BROWN   in this  thread you were quoting

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2648597-wi-fi/

On 3/27/2019 at 1:43 PM, StanandJim said:

Whoops!  😲

Obviously I thought that I was responding to Bob Brown.

Apologies to anyone whom I misquoted but the principle remains the same.  

Maybe...but it is now a moot point, as they have put the restriction back in place on this current segment.   

Doesn't really make any difference, either way...still slow except during 'wee hours', when not heavily used it seems a bit better...

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 7:55 AM, StanandJim said:

It was just as slow on the LA-SYD segment as it was after the fluke that let every device have it on the SYD-TOK segment!

And....it's still the same slow speed again now that we're back to just one device at a time on the current TOK-SIN segment. 

Absolutely no difference, which also shows that it wouldn't be a big deal if we could each have our own access. 

Apology accepted although I knew you chose the wrong person to admonish. 😉

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1