Coffee questions for Crown Princess

ponstad

How is the coffee on the Crown Princess?  We are trying to figure out if we should invest in the new version of the coffee card.  If you order a cappuccino in the dining room, is that complimentary with breakfast and/or dinner, or do you incur a bar charge?

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ponstad said:

How is the coffee on the Crown Princess?  We are trying to figure out if we should invest in the new version of the coffee card.  If you order a cappuccino in the dining room, is that complimentary with breakfast and/or dinner, or do you incur a bar charge?

Thanks for your help.

Fresh brewed coffee at the International Cafe (IC) is generally very good. There is a charge unless you have the coffee package or the Premium Beverage Package.

Specialty coffees are not complimentary unless you are dining in a specialty restaurant.

So yes there is a charge.

You use one of the 15 coffee package "punches" for each specialty coffee.

The "regular" coffee in MDR varies from "not bad at all" to "OMG Sludge". I've had both in one sitting at lunch. The first cup was fine. The refill was horrible. For the most part when I have an after dinner coffee in the dining room it has been okay. I have old coffee cards to use up on our next cruise (they become worthless after April 31st) so will be drinking fresh-brewed and specialty coffees from IC. The fresh-brewed is reliably good there. I miss having the beverage package but am too cheap to pay for it. When we had it as a perk I loved getting a Vanilla Latte and adding a shot of Jameson. Ahhhhh...... 😋

On 3/26/2019 at 1:01 PM, ponstad said:

Thanks for your help.

The coffee card is a great deal if you are a coffee person. All coffee drinks hot or cold are covered with the card.

Having just returned from the Crown, if you are a coffee person you should definitely get the coffee package. I only drink black coffee, so I used the Int'l Cafe for brewed coffee and the Pizza and Ice Cream area on Lido for Americano (which did count as a specialty coffee drink). The syrup-prepared coffee in the restaurants tasted awful to my wife and me. Some may like it, we did not.  The staff preparing coffee was attentive, friendly, and knew my order on the second day of ten.  We LOVED the Crown. 

I drink black coffee and never add anything to it.  I drink it in buffet, and dining room;  it is ok;  I would say it's a medium roast.  I like dark roast with a little kick.  The only dark roast would be at the int'l café on deck 5;  which means you pay for it.  My wife drinks chai lattes, so she ends up getting that at the coffee and cones bistro by the pool or the int'l café.  Hope this info helps

This helps a lot. We are coffee drinkers, but I also love the liqueur coffees also. The Premium Beverage is too outrageous for our pocketbook! We would just be wasting our $$, as we do not drink enough to make it worth our while. 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:34 PM, Ofmyheart said:

I have a lonely 1 punch left on a card. Thought it was good until Aug but I get on the Island in a few weeks, maybe it will still be good.

No Punch cards from prior cruises will be accepted. 🙁

2 hours ago, pamwigs said:

No Punch cards from prior cruises will be accepted. 🙁

Old punch cards without an expiration date will be accepted through August. Use them for brewed coffee or specialty coffees. All the same.

Jim

On 3/26/2019 at 4:34 PM, Ofmyheart said:

I have a lonely 1 punch left on a card. Thought it was good until Aug but I get on the Island in a few weeks, maybe it will still be good.

Cards are valid through August 31, 2019. I have cards we will be using up in May. Feel free to use up your remaining punch. It's yours to use.

Edited by Thrak

On 3/26/2019 at 5:01 PM, ponstad said:

Thanks for your help.

On the old card, it would require a "punch" so I imagine with the new "card" it would count toward you 15 cups.

• 2 months later...

Anyone need a coffee card with about 8 punches on it....let me know. Its from May of 2017 from the Royal Princess.

My next cruise is September 1st from Dublin..........figures 😕

Edited by mrgoalie
Info correction