UDP vs. BOGO and 3night

Hello,

DH and I are cruising with friends (3 other couples) on Symphony at the end of April...we (DH and I) have purchased the UDP...others in group have only purchased BOGO...we are all eating together the first 2 nights as a group (Jamie's and Izumi Hibachi) those seem to be covered under BOGO but Izumi's is listed as not covered under UDP...so seems me might have to pay out of pocket on top of what we paid for UDP...

Now here is the comparison question. Should DH and I cancel UDP and get the BOGO plus the 3night - ends up only being a little cheaper than UDP.

We had also planned on eating at 150 Central, Wonderland and Hooked (we like to venture out and try new stuff - others in group not so much) and our TA in the group gifted everyone with Chops for night 6 (covered in our UDP so we told them to cancel our gift night and save a few $$) then we will rejoining the group in the MDR for  the last night. We know we also get a few Spec. Restaurants during sea days but we might just join the group...so not as much as a decision maker for us...

Has anyone had UDP on Symphony and been allowed to use it in Izumi Hibachi even though it says not allowed in the T&C? Because if we go with BOGO and 3night we will have to cancel Hooked so we can eat at Chops with the others on night 6 (we don't want to go back to TA and say, ok now you have to buy our dinner since we cancelled UDP).

thoughts?

More than likely we will keep UDP and just pay OOP for Izumi, but asking for anyone with experience to answer in. TIA!!

I reached out to RC about the BOGO for our cruise next month also - this is their reply on what is covered:

A BOGO 2 Night Dining Package can be used all reservable specialty dining restaurant for dinner on the first and second night of your sailing. However, these packages do not include premium experiences such as Chefs Table, Mystery Theater Dinner, Wine Pairing Menus, Izumi Hibachi and up charges for special food selections. As a note, some specialty dining locations have a la carte pricing and so guests with a package will get a $35 credit towards the food portion. Any cost in addition of that credit will be charged at our normal a la carte rate.

We were on Symphony a few months ago and Hibachi Grill is not available under BOGO or the 3, 5, or 7 night packages.  Remember that all sea day specialty lunches are covered under the UDP.  We had the BOGO, a  5 night package and 1 dinner given by our TA on our 12 night Symphony cruise.  Had no problem getting all the days times we needed, started our packages on night 3.  On Symphony they no longer pre reserve any dining on the first or second night.

well I guess we will see when we board what they are going with that week? Our TA called and was told it was included with BOGO? DH and I will just pay out of pocket and keep the UDP

I am a planner and when no one knows - it drives my Type A personality crazy...

19 minutes ago, Kelli0927 said:

Does the BOGO have to be used on nights 1 & 2 or can we change once we're on board? 

Rule says nights 1 and 2, but your experience may vary.

We were told by RCCL Dining that the BOGO and multi night dining pkgs both were required to be used on nights one or two, thus would negate at least one night if you bought two pkgs.  Others have stated this was not required once they booked reservations on board. The official word does not seem to always apply once you get on board, but that was what they quoted. 

Edited by HicksRA