Booking Sanctuary on day of boarding

silver1

31 minutes ago, silver1 said:

Hi, please could anyone tell me,  if I go straight to the sanctuary after boarding would I be able to book specific days in one go or do I have to wait?  Many thanks

Yes, for quite some time now, you can book whole or half-days, as well as full cruise at boarding.  Of course you can also make those bookings anytime during the cruise, but subject to availability.  Some ships and some cruises have very low demand, but expect high demand on 7 and 10 night Caribbean cruises.  Sea days are obviously the most popular.

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Yes, for quite some time now, you can book whole or half-days, as well as full cruise at boarding.  Of course you can also make those bookings anytime during the cruise, but subject to availability.  Some ships and some cruises have very low demand, but expect high demand on 7 and 10 night Caribbean cruises.  Sea days are obviously the most popular.

Fabulous!  thank you.  It was the sea days that we were after in the Med, so hopefully we will strike lucky!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SmilesYourWay said:

I'm going on an Alaska cruise from San Francisco in August. I'm thinking it will be pretty cool. Maybe even cold. I'm thinking the Sanctuary won't be that full. But I could be wrong.  Are there set hours for 1/2 day and full day? 

On the Royal last week the times were 9-1:30 and 1:30-6:00. Prices:

51945BA1-E69A-43F3-8687-52C14E5DF6A3.jpeg

For anyone who wants to do this, keep in mind that going directly to the Sanctuary may not be enough. You may need to be among the first to board too.

We went there right away on our Nov. 1 NYC to FLL 10-day cruise on the Regal and were told all spots had been booked. This was at 11:45 a.m.

Jim

I am on a 15 day sold out sailing to Hawaii right now. We didn’t make it to sanctuary on day 1 so figured we were out of luck. On day 2 or 3 in the afternoon I went up just to see it, and asked if there was any availability towards the end of the cruise. Was able to get 3 lounges together in partial shade for a sea day afternoon on the way back! Couldn’t believe it. Especially for a sold out Hawaii cruise. Worth it to check even if you don’t make it up there right away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

On the Royal last week the times were 9-1:30 and 1:30-6:00. Prices:

Never seen those times previously.  Doesn't make sense for early diners.  My past experience has been at least 1/2 hr earlier than those times.  

Wow,

On 3/28/2019 at 6:02 AM, silver1 said:

Hi, please could anyone tell me,  if I go straight to the sanctuary after boarding would I be able to book specific days in one go or do I have to wait?  Many thanks

Wow, I had no idea the prices were that high, what all are you getting for that much money?

4 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Never seen those times previously.  Doesn't make sense for early diners.  My past experience has been at least 1/2 hr earlier than those times.  

I only know because we booked a cabana for the afternoon last week, and our time was 1:30 - 6:00. 

Always found that the earlier you get up to the Sanctuary, the best chance you have.  We have gotten there after 11 on some cruises and the choices were slim, especially if you're on the second leg of a B2B!  

We always get it for sea days and only the afternoons.  Like to move slowly and not rush in the morning on vacation if I don't have to!  Think the times were 8-12 and 1-5   Nice being pampered a little and not scrounging for chairs when everyone is onboard.  Plus they bring you afternoon tea to your chair!!

Please do make sure you'll enjoy the Sanctuary before booking. 

Great for some ... not so much for others.

It's a quiet place to basically be alone and read or whatever in assigned loungers. 

Not so good for those who like to socialize with others who tend to find it boring.  

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, steelers36 said:

I had my girlfriend check this last week as she is on the Regal and those are the exact times she gave me.  I don't know if the Regal and Royal have changed times since they have the cabanas on them but like you I had thought it was earlier.

While I can certainly see the benefits of having a guaranteed lounge chair that is more comfortable and private, looking at the photo above, I cannot see why I would ever want to pay extra for a cabana. If I want to be surrounded by walls and a TV, I’ll stay in my cabin that I already paid for. 

I just got off the Regal and absolutely loved the Sanctuary. It was wonderful to have "my space" every day from 8-6p. It was heaven. I RAN the moment I got on the ship (some of the first ones there) and barely had options available since others had booked already (due to first b2b before us). The scones are to die for😋. As stated, it's a place for quiet and relaxing- nothing going on in this area for entertainment-except maybe some snoring😂  

55 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

While I can certainly see the benefits of having a guaranteed lounge chair that is more comfortable and private, looking at the photo above, I cannot see why I would ever want to pay extra for a cabana. If I want to be surrounded by walls and a TV, I’ll stay in my cabin that I already paid for. 

The cabanas also have two lounge chairs out in front of them in the open air that are included. 

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I had my girlfriend check this last week as she is on the Regal and those are the exact times she gave me.  I don't know if the Regal and Royal have changed times since they have the cabanas on them but like you I had thought it was earlier.

One thing we can count on with Princess.  Nothing stays the same for very long anymore.  Those times would dissuade me from an afternoon session as I would feel leaving well before "times up" to go to dinner.  Is it just the cabana times are different now?

BTW, we personally do not like the Regal/Royal area so much since there is little shade when in a regular lounger.