Best way to FLL port from Orlando

rkkunk

To all of you awesome people from Florida, could you please tell me the best way to get from Orlando to the port in FLL? Just wondering if there is more then one way to get there, or if there is, if one way is better than another. We are on Harmony of the Seas boarding at Terminal 18, I believe. TIA!!

what is your metric for 'best'?

If you want to travel 'same day' your only real option is rent a car ......

you might be able to fly but this will take almost as long as driving!!!! And you might find a car for as lil as $40

There are some bus options but none are 'door to door' ..... those that I know of are Orlando to Miami so there is additional cost for the back track

Redcoach.com

megabus.com

Thanks, we already have a rental car as we came to Orlando to do WDW a couple of days before the cruise. Sorry that I didn’t make that clear.

We just wanted to know what is the best way as far as what freeways etc. to take. We looked at GPS and it gave us two ways, so we were just wondering if anyone might have advice for the best/quickest way to drive there. Thanks again!!

Figure a four hour drive under normal conditions so if you are driving down day of departure get an early start, around 7:00AM. That way if there is bad weather, extra traffic, etc you have a little extra time to make the trip. Personally I recommend driving down the day before, getting a hotel in Fort Lauderdale for one night. That way you are near Port Everglades, relaxed and ready to enjoy your cruise vacation.

• When you are ready to actually travel the route, look at the traffic that is shown on Google Maps...sometimes there are serious tie-ups on the turnpike or I-95.  Adjust accordingly.
  • If both roads are clear, I suggest the turnpike as it is shorter...less travel time.
  • When en route, continually monitor traffic (Google maps again), as wrecks or other problems can develop while you are traveling.

2 hours ago, thinfool said:
  • When you are ready to actually travel the route, look at the traffic that is shown on Google Maps...sometimes there are serious tie-ups on the turnpike or I-95.  Adjust accordingly.
  • If both roads are clear, I suggest the turnpike as it is shorter...less travel time.
  • When en route, continually monitor traffic (Google maps again), as wrecks or other problems can develop while you are traveling.

Waze is far better for monitoring traffic.

Turnpike is most direct, but I95 is only an extra 20+ minutes and will save in tolls.  Either way is fine and as thinfool suggested, the best thing to do is check Google Maps in the morning for their suggested route, as it will factor in any unforeseen issues.

Those are your 2 typical options unless you wanted something off the beaten path and didn't mind adding 30 - 45 minutes to your drive by taking US27.  I would only do that if you wanted to stop at Gatorama which is an awesome roadside attraction.

It's an easy 3.5 hour drive or so, if you want to do it the day of the cruise, no big deal. 

On 3/28/2019 at 5:18 PM, rkkunk said:

To all of you awesome people from Florida, could you please tell me the best way to get from Orlando to the port in FLL? Just wondering if there is more then one way to get there, or if there is, if one way is better than another. We are on Harmony of the Seas boarding at Terminal 18, I believe. TIA!!

Umm doesn’t Harmony only sale out of Port Canaveral?