LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

Did they make you turn it over to them at embarkation ?

No, I bought a bottle online through Princess.com to have for sail-away. They never brought it. I brought one (un chilled) onboard for the cabin crawl. Now I have 2. Third world problems![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Could it have been the paint fumes??

I would blame it on that, but I felt like this before the fumes.  I think it might be front-of-the-ship-itis, where our cabin is. Great balcony though.  

1 minute ago, 4cats4me said:

I would blame it on that, but I felt like this before the fumes.  I think it might be front-of-the-ship-itis, where our cabin is. Great balcony though.  

Ugh. Email me if you want anything. hbccruiser@gmail.com. Feel better! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

No, I bought a bottle online through Princess.com to have for sail-away. They never brought it. I brought one (un chilled) onboard for the cabin crawl. Now I have 2. Third world problems!emoji23.png

Still, they need to do better than that. Day one is always a mess. 

All the Elites and suites get the bar setup and we always wait until day 2 to do the swap-out because they Never answer the phone on day 1 unless you call the purser to call them snd then they’ll answer. 

Not sure if you’re aware of this but you 

can call room service and ask them to swap your hard alcohol for ones you lije 

for example, we always ask them to swap the 6 bottles of DeWars and Courvoisier and the other ones for more sky vodka, and you can swap the sodas for ones you like   They didn’t give us any tonic water this time. We thought they forgot. Were informed they dont give it anymore, whickbi find hard to believe, but we swapped two perrieres for two tonics, or you can swap entire bar for a bottle of wine or two coffee cards. 😀

32 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The Veuve has come home!! Thank you Royal staff!

Do you mean Royal Caribbean or Princess Royal Ship Staff...sorry couldn't resist....figured if you contacted another cruise line they would be more on top of it....ridiculous to wait for a sail-away item..it has happened to us before as well...but our selection was not as pricey.

Inquiring minds want to know what did the Queen & King Do to get their crowns?

Your posts are brightening my day...kept it up....

Edited by land lover

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

So sad to have missed it.  We went there at 1:40 and it was closex and didn’t have phone with me. We decided to eat and then roamed past two bars on pool deck hoping to find everyone.  Didn’t see anyone so went back to cabin sunning on balcony 

whicj has been varnished and painted. 

Goid thing I brought masks 

LOL

0840D06F-731F-46D3-9AD8-23BA5C5487DD.jpeg

24C767D6-CEFB-4D23-B240-F02C8C8AE3AB.jpeg

E6DEB5DE-EED6-4985-9DF4-64B3E7538494.jpeg

Now this is a picture for the cruise book...😉glad to hear food does sound appealing....

Enjoy ladies....love the photos.....love the humor.

Edited by land lover
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, vjblk said:

Thanks for posting! My sister and I are on the 4/20 sailing. Weather looks good. Is it warm?

Sunny and a bit chilly yesterday, chilly this morning, perfect this PM in the sun.  

Much warmer this evening 😃

I don’t think I posted pics of our suite. I love this room! Balcony is not wide but at least it’s long. Love the bathroom and shower! Plenty of storage too. Quiet location and right across from the concierge lounge.

123EADE9-43C8-455F-AC1D-999882BDAF73.jpeg

9F1C456B-C52C-4D10-A2BB-8EA324C674BC.jpeg

0FBFEEE4-F50C-476C-A140-F7ED2141ABA5.jpeg

9A06A54C-BE39-4598-AE10-41ABFBDD53E7.jpeg

BD70015F-F06E-4BB4-8B36-F150F0740472.jpeg

249AD483-5AD2-4E02-9DA7-62E30334BA7F.jpeg

C77E8139-E638-42BB-996A-188EEDEE9BB1.jpeg

A183B069-2A88-4657-A99C-1CA206DC0F82.jpeg

D9FEF4BD-CDB2-4B45-8D94-8B24F81E3C5B.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, vjblk said:

Thanks for posting! My sister and I are on the 4/20 sailing. Weather looks good. Is it warm?

This is probably hijacking this post but we also will be on the 4/20 sailing:) I am LOVING this Live from and it is making me so excited for our trip!  The Pub crawl looks fun, I was thinking of maybe coordinating one on our cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, land lover said:

Do you mean Royal Caribbean or Princess Royal Ship Staff...sorry couldn't resist....figured if you contacted another cruise line they would be more on top of it....ridiculous to wait for a sail-away item..it has happened to us before as well...but our selection was not as pricey.

Inquiring minds want to know what did the Queen & King Do to get their crowns?

Your posts are brightening my day...kept it up....

I created a booze trivia question for each venue and provided answer sheets for each team. The winners got the most trivia questions correct. It was fun!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CPCruisers said:

This is probably hijacking this post but we also will be on the 4/20 sailing:) I am LOVING this Live from and it is making me so excited for our trip!  The Pub crawl looks fun, I was thinking of maybe coordinating one on our cruise!

Not hijacking at all.😁 Do it. It’s a ton of fun. 

9 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I don’t think I posted pics of our suite. I love this room! Balcony is not wide but at least it’s long. Love the bathroom and shower! Plenty of storage too. Quiet location and right across from the concierge lounge.

123EADE9-43C8-455F-AC1D-999882BDAF73.jpeg

9F1C456B-C52C-4D10-A2BB-8EA324C674BC.jpeg

0FBFEEE4-F50C-476C-A140-F7ED2141ABA5.jpeg

9A06A54C-BE39-4598-AE10-41ABFBDD53E7.jpeg

BD70015F-F06E-4BB4-8B36-F150F0740472.jpeg

249AD483-5AD2-4E02-9DA7-62E30334BA7F.jpeg

C77E8139-E638-42BB-996A-188EEDEE9BB1.jpeg

A183B069-2A88-4657-A99C-1CA206DC0F82.jpeg

D9FEF4BD-CDB2-4B45-8D94-8B24F81E3C5B.jpeg

image.jpg

I noticed your bottles of water.  Did you bring them or pre order online?  I canceled my online order today due to all the problems that have been reported with online purchases.

Just now, 1emerald1 said:

I noticed your bottles of water.  Did you bring them or pre order online?  I canceled my online order today due to all the problems that have been reported with online purchases.

I ordered them ahead of time. Glad I did too. It was only like $6. 

The staff have really been great trying to fix the little snafus. I feel for them. It’s not really their fault that there is a disconnect between headquarters and ship communication regarding online purchases and such. Food and service has been great. In many ways this ship reminds me of the NCL Star. It has a similar odd layout. I’ll video the ship on a port day and post when I get back to SoCal. We laugh a lot as we get all turned around! 

10 hours ago, teese said:

When we were on the Royal in the fall I was able to order the virgin Dirty Banana, I wasn’t aware there was an official list and ordered several different things, can’t remember now which ones except for the Dirty Banana, no one questioned my order. 

However on the Crown last month at Outriggers the bartender did steer me to the official menu and since I really don’t care I just ordered something off there, I think the Key West Cooler. However, that was the only bar I ran into this situation, all the others gave me what I asked for without question. 

Thanks for letting me know. I'm hoping it won't be a problem to order all the different kinds of mocktails when we board next week!

2 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

I'm only going to use my Black one. Maybe I can sell the rest at a profit! 

Hi Bugs,

I’ll bid 3 carrots. 😁 On  my cruise in January  I gust kept my medallion in my pocket. 

Tony

E104D7FA-47FD-4832-A187-C69C779124F5.jpeg