Royal suite perks?

George C

4 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Wow, I may have had a big misunderstanding....

I have a SS booked for January.

My confirmation states it includes premium drink package. Is this not correct?

You may be OK. They have run promotions including Go Best perks for all suites periodically.  

Check to see if you have an official Celebrity booking confirmation (vs a travel agent's own confirmation).

It should be on Celebrity letterhead and say: "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" on top right side of page.

If you have official confirmation which shows the premium beverage package or "Go Best", you should be safe. Just bring the printout with you as a precaution.

If you only have a travel agent's confirmation, ask him or her. For the guest copy of Celebrity confirmation. 

Enjoy your suite!

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr
Add info

9 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Unfortunately, you can’t know for sure until you board the ship and ask your own butler. We are currently onboard Solstice with amazing Captain Tasos and crew.

Celebrity has definitely been having serious communications issues.

Our very nice shoreside concierge emailed — in response to my specific question— that we’d only have laundry twice per cruise (for current 19 night Transpacific + 10 nights to Vancouver).  

Once onboard, our excellent butler told me that it was officially limited to twice per cruise but not to worry about it this time. He’d take care of us.

Suite manager said that shoreside concierge should’ve informed us that laundry is unlimited. She asked to see the email stating the laundry limits and was not pleased that I didn’t just misunderstand what I was told.

The current Suite Class amenity flyer states that RS gets “Complimentary laundry service” (with no fine print nor asterisks)

I have zero confidence that the answer won’t change again by our next cruise, if we continue to cruise with Celebrity.

What ends up included seems to just be the luck of the draw. Why should it feel like they are doing us a favor at these prices? How are we to make an informed decision on the value of the cruise and even how much to pack if they aren’t consistent?

Sadly, I suggest you bring copies on your cruise of whatever perks you are promised.
Jane 

I assume it impacted your packing choices?

If you continue to cruise in A RS, you will be Elite Plus soon.  Two additional bags of laundry each will make it a non issue.

By the way, I have never had any trouble sending out as much laundry as I wanted while in a RS.  It is nice to have the Elite Plus benefit as a back up.

9 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Unfortunately, you can’t know for sure until you board the ship and ask your own butler. We are currently onboard Solstice with amazing Captain Tasos and crew.

Celebrity has definitely been having serious communications issues.

Our very nice shoreside concierge emailed — in response to my specific question— that we’d only have laundry twice per cruise (for current 19 night Transpacific + 10 nights to Vancouver).  

Once onboard, our excellent butler told me that it was officially limited to twice per cruise but not to worry about it this time. He’d take care of us.

Suite manager said that shoreside concierge should’ve informed us that laundry is unlimited. She asked to see the email stating the laundry limits and was not pleased that I didn’t just misunderstand what I was told.

The current Suite Class amenity flyer states that RS gets “Complimentary laundry service” (with no fine print nor asterisks)

I have zero confidence that the answer won’t change again by our next cruise, if we continue to cruise with Celebrity.

What ends up included seems to just be the luck of the draw. Why should it feel like they are doing us a favor at these prices? How are we to make an informed decision on the value of the cruise and even how much to pack if they aren’t consistent?

Sadly, I suggest you bring copies on your cruise of whatever perks you are promised.
Jane 

Jane: You captured my concern exactly. Sorry you experienced what you did.

The wording on the website says “laundry service” without any qualification. This sounds like unlimited but it seems that different members of the Celebrity team interpret or apply it differently, which is unfortunate. We have a land trip before our 12 nights on the Silhouette and having “unlimited” dry cleaning and pressing affects how I will pack (unlimited wash not so much, because we do have Elite laundry perks, whatever they may be in practice nowadays, and I hand wash the items I do not want to shrink or which are delicate).

Thanks for your advice, which will help others as well as me.  Fingers crossed we will have a nice butler who adheres to a liberal interpretation of the laundry policy.

34 minutes ago, EagleRocker said:

Jane: You captured my concern exactly. Sorry you experienced what you did.

The wording on the website says “laundry service” without any qualification. This sounds like unlimited but it seems that different members of the Celebrity team interpret or apply it differently, which is unfortunate. We have a land trip before our 12 nights on the Silhouette and having “unlimited” dry cleaning and pressing affects how I will pack (unlimited wash not so much, because we do have Elite laundry perks, whatever they may be in practice nowadays, and I hand wash the items I do not want to shrink or which are delicate).

Thanks for your advice, which will help others as well as me.  Fingers crossed we will have a nice butler who adheres to a liberal interpretation of the laundry policy.

If you did have a reluctant butler (highly unlikely) speak to the Suite Manager, they are not going to upset a RS guest over a bag of laundry and a couple of items of dry cleaning....

I honestly think the only time butlers will ‘limit’ the laundry is if the system is being grossly abused. For example, an extended family of 10 with only 2 in a RS but they are sending in two bags of laundry a day and 5 suits and 5 gowns before evening chic night....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I assume it impacted your packing choices?

If you continue to cruise in A RS, you will be Elite Plus soon.  Two additional bags of laundry each will make it a non issue.

By the way, I have never had any trouble sending out as much laundry as I wanted while in a RS.  It is nice to have the Elite Plus benefit as a back up.

We’re already E+, but it’s not the same as having unlimited laundry services. We don’t want to wait and accumulate bags full of 30 items. Sometimes we use a bit of pressing or dry-cleaning.

We usually don’t send out much laundry when cruising, but we are away 40 days this trip.  I’m satisfied with the arrangements I was able to make with Suite manager and butler onboard this ship, but my frustration is with lack on consistency and ability to plan.

Jane

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

If you did have a reluctant butler (highly unlikely) speak to the Suite Manager, they are not going to upset a RS guest over a bag of laundry and a couple of items of dry cleaning....

I honestly think the only time butlers will ‘limit’ the laundry is if the system is being grossly abused. For example, an extended family of 10 with only 2 in a RS but they are sending in two bags of laundry a day and 5 suits and 5 gowns before evening chic night....

My thoughts exactly.  I have heard there were gross abuses of the laundry benefit as mentioned thus the vague wording or the twice per cruise.  Recently, were on the ship for 15 nights with 4 nights pre cruise and sent out laundry 3x and no dry cleaning .  2 of the 3 times the laundry was wash and fold which would have been covered by our Elite+ CC benefit.