Royal suite perks?

George C

10 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

A beautiful room and liquor.  You will get an email asking for your choices.  You get 4 bottles of liquor.  We have always changed out most of them for wine.  

I believe you get 2 bottles of spirit in your RS, not 4.  However, chances are with the RS you have the premium beverage package so for us those 2 bottles of alcohol are hardly touched!  Plus one time our butler kept wanting to bring us wine/champagne in addition to the 2 bottles of liquor.  

Whenever we've sailed in RS we've had complimentary unlimited specialty dining.

Additionally, any time we've sailed in a RS we get an invitation to lunch with the senior officers.  The RS and PH suite occupants are usually invited.  Not sure if this happens every single time on every single ship but it's been our experience when we sail.

Butlers servicing the RS and PH are usually more attentive in their service, including delivery of afternoon snacks.  Ours kept wanting to bring us either huge platters of shrimp or huge platters of cheese every afternoon.  We had to tell him to stop because the food was just going to waste.

Depending upon your port of embarkation, there is a special drop off for luggage for occupants of RS and PH.  It is marked on the sidewalk with a sign saying SPECIAL DELIVERY.  Our luggage has always been in our room no later than 1 pm when using this luggage perk.  

You will be contacted by the shoreside concierge to ask for your alcohol preference for your room and anything else you might need for your room (i.e., extra blankets, pillows, etc.)    He/she will also ask if you want any reservations made in any of the specialty restaurants, etc.  At that time you will be told of the SPECIAL DELIVERY luggage drop if it's available at your port of embarkation.

Enjoy the RS!

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jcpc said:

I believe you get 2 bottles of spirit in your RS, not 4.  However, chances are with the RS you have the premium beverage package so for us those 2 bottles of alcohol are hardly touched!  Plus one time our butler kept wanting to bring us wine/champagne in addition to the 2 bottles of liquor.  

Additionally, any time we've sailed in a RS we get an invitation to lunch with the senior officers.  The RS and PH suite occupants are usually invited.  Not sure if this happens every single time on every single ship but it's been our experience when we sail.

Butlers servicing the RS and PH are usually more attentive in their service, including delivery of afternoon snacks.  Ours kept wanting to bring us either huge platters of shrimp or huge platters of cheese every afternoon.  We had to tell him to stop because the food was just going to waste.

Depending upon your port of embarkation, there is a special drop off for luggage for occupants of RS and PH.  It is marked on the sidewalk with a sign saying SPECIAL DELIVERY.  Our luggage has always been in our room no later than 1 pm when using this luggage perk.  

You will be contacted by the shoreside concierge to ask for your alcohol preference for your room and anything else you might need for your room (i.e., extra blankets, pillows, etc.)    He/she will also ask if you want any reservations made in any of the specialty restaurants, etc.  At that time you will be told of the SPECIAL DELIVERY luggage drop if it's available at your port of embarkation.

Enjoy the RS!

Sorry, I stand corrected.  I was mixing up Celebrity and Azamara.  On Celebrity it is indeed 2, on Azamara it was 4.  Enjoy

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

8 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

we always received 4 bottles.  We have been in RS many times and received 4 bottles each time

8 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

we always received 4 bottles.  We have been in RS many times and received 4 bottles each time

That is certainly unusual since the perk is two bottles of liquor. 

We've been in a Royal Suite many times and have only ever received 2 bottles.  We have been given bottles of wine if we ask for them. An invitation to lunch with the officers does not happen on every cruise, nor does a bridge tour. You do get unlimited laundry in the RS.

• Like 1

Our experience (hope we will be fortunate enough some day to repeat)... 2 bottles of liquor, premium bev pkg and unlimited internet for ALL guests (we travel with my DS, good deal). Butler was also awesome at bringing wine whenever we asked (complimentary but wasn’t expected). So trying to figure out how/when/if we get back to a RS 😂😂

Currently in a RS and we have the Premium Beverage package, unlimited speciality dining, unlimited internet and laundry.  We had our choice of 2 bottles or liquor or wine; chose vodka & gin and the mini-bar is replenished as needed. 

There was no Special Delivery for luggage at our port and the Suite check in line was long & moved very slow.  We boarded at 12:30 and it was after 5 before our luggage arrived.

We have had afternoon snacks delivered in the past as we don’t like going to Michaels in mid-afternoon, but that has been more trouble than it is worth on this cruise.  

Also wanted to invite a few friends in for wine & snacks before dinner one evening for a special occasion and there is now a charge for this, which is a change from our past experience.  

Michaels Club has been busy (repo cruise) but with only 1 bartender after 7 pm drink service has been slow. 

It maybe just this ship but our experience in a CS last year was better.

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Currently in a RS and we have the Premium Beverage package, unlimited speciality dining, unlimited internet and laundry.  We had our choice of 2 bottles or liquor or wine; chose vodka & gin and the mini-bar is replenished as needed. 

There was no Special Delivery for luggage at our port and the Suite check in line was long & moved very slow.  We boarded at 12:30 and it was after 5 before our luggage arrived.

We have had afternoon snacks delivered in the past as we don’t like going to Michaels in mid-afternoon, but that has been more trouble than it is worth on this cruise.  

Also wanted to invite a few friends in for wine & snacks before dinner one evening for a special occasion and there is now a charge for this, which is a change from our past experience.  

Michaels Club has been busy (repo cruise) but with only 1 bartender after 7 pm drink service has been slow. 

It maybe just this ship but our experience in a CS last year was better.

Really, a charge to have guests in your Suite ???  We have NEVER been charged for the various parties we had in our Suites  The butlers have been more than accommodating in getting us cheese plates shrimp plates, etc and setting up for small parties.  We will be upset if that policy has actually changed.  Has anyone else experienced this?????

29 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Really, a charge to have guests in your Suite ???  We have NEVER been charged for the various parties we had in our Suites  The butlers have been more than accommodating in getting us cheese plates shrimp plates, etc and setting up for small parties.  We will be upset if that policy has actually changed.  Has anyone else experienced this?????

We were surprised also.  The Suite Manager had a nice list of options with per person prices. I didn’t look closely at the detailed inclusions but, it looked to start at about $30 pp.  I decided to change our plan and buy wine at the OV where they are offering 2 bottles of decent wine for $35.   The Suite life is not so sweet this trip.

32 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were surprised also.  The Suite Manager had a nice list of options with per person prices. I didn’t look closely at the detailed inclusions but, it looked to start at about $30 pp.  I decided to change our plan and buy wine at the OV where they are offering 2 bottles of decent wine for $35.   The Suite life is not so sweet this trip.

What ship are you on? Where did you embark from?  Was the $30 for alcohol? Is this an April Fools joke?

No April Fools joke.  On the Eclipse sailed from San Antonio on the 24th.

I didn’t mention alcohol or look close enough at price/inclusions to see if they  included alcohol.  I did see that price for canapés  started at $12pp.   I was shocked that the first thing the Suite Manager did was pull out a price list so  I quickly said no thanks.  

Edited by jelayne

53 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I didn’t mention alcohol or look close enough at price/inclusions to see if they  included alcohol.  I did see that price for canapés  started at $12pp.   I was shocked that the first thing the Suite Manager did was pull out a price list so  I quickly said no thanks.  

wow, again i am shocked.  We are going on Edge in a few weeks and I will definitely have a talk with the Suites Manager,,,,,,

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Are you referring to guests in the Retreat Lounge or in your suite? It sounds like they are referring to the lounge and you your actual suite stateroom.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

All I can say is WOW.  I certainly hope this is a one-off and not the new "suite life".  I have never had to pay for any "snacks" our butler set up for us.  Last fall I was invited to a cocktail party in the PH suite.  I would guess about 15 people were there and the butler set up a spread that resembled a buffet and provided wine and champagne.  This was all comped.  

You will get unlimited specialty restaurant dining.  Suggest you make your reservations before you board (shore side concierge) as that way you are (virtually) guaranteed the timing you want.  We also enjoyed Luminae.  Don't think we'll try Le Petit Chef as it doesn't seem to be our thing.

Agree with the two bottles of wine/spirits.  But a good butler will offer to bring you whatever you want if you run out (as a per drink option).  Since we had the beverage package, I found it easier to get something myself rather than bother the butler.  

The butler can help with spa reservations, new shore excursions or changes to same (no need to go to the shore excursion desk), changes to dinner reservations, etc.  You also get priority seating at the show on the chic nights.

The unlimited laundry is nice (think we used it twice on a 12-day cruise).  It does save on packing.

Overall, it's a great experience -- though it can either be OK or extra special depending on your butler.  On two cruises, we had a great one and a below average one.  Great was checking in daily and anticipating our needs, even when we had few (she seemed frustrated that she couldn't do more).  Below average was never showing up and making the few things we asked for (i.e., changes to dinner reservations) seem like major hurdles.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I also am sitting here also saying”Wow”!  

We sailed in the PH on the Silhouette last month and hosted a group in our suite one evening. We spoke with our butler, Orlando (he was fabulous) about maybe getting some extra ice and a few extra mixers for the 2 bottles of vodka that were supplied as a perk and he went above and beyond delivering all kinds of platters with shrimp, cheeses, fruits and sandwiches, along with several bottles of wine and prosseco.

I will be very disappointed if this policy has changed and now they plan on charging you for it.  Let’s face it, for the inflated prices paid for RS and PH and the insane prices on the higher end suites on the Edge, they really have nerve to charge for a few plates of food and a couple of bottles of wine!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

I was shocked that the first thing the Suite Manager did was pull out a price list so  I quickly said no thanks.  

Excuse my nosiness, but did you request the "extras" from the butler or the suite manager?  

Ok, an update.  What we encountered may be cruise specific.  With some creativity and the help of some individuals we will have our milestone birthday celebration.

The bars are empty other than during the Captains Club Elite cocktail hour and the 2 nights we have been to speciality restaurants they are less than 1/2 full.  Staff are scouring the bars looking for restaurant bookings.  So I’m guessing that the Food & Beverage dept is in the red this cruise and doesn’t want to give away anything they don’t absolutely have to comp.

Hoping this was just a one time situation.

12 hours ago, jcpc said:

I just found that out and my friend was so mad we didn’t have that! Although to be fair we really didn’t NEED any more treats.

We have always believed that cold snacks and fruit juices would be free when arranging a party/get together but you would pay for hot snacks and any alcohol.

We have only ever arranged a few in suite events. When we have we have brought on board two bottles of bubbly and asked the butler to chill them along with our free bottle. If you want to offer a cocktail then you can order one of your spirit selections to be a mixer to join pineapple or some other fruit mixer...

In this day and age where most guests do have drinks packages a few free bottles of wine in suite doesn’t seem a lot to ask.

We have cruised on Eclipse a couple of times recently and had excellent suite service....Just goes to show how there can be differences even on the same ship!

On 3/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, jcpc said:

Enjoy the RS!

How far in advance typically  does the  shoreside  concierge contact us for our preferences? We are booked  on the RS on the Reflection and are really looking forward to it!

45 minutes ago, wbutler said:

How far in advance typically  does the  shoreside  concierge contact us for our preferences? We are booked  on the RS on the Reflection and are really looking forward to it!

I've had the shoreside concierge contact me anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 days prior to my cruise!  As was stated above, if you don't get a phone call or email at least one week prior I would recommend you call the Captain's Club and ask to be transferred to the Shoreside Concierge for the Reflection.  Enjoy your cruise.