Won a haven upgrade!

Sb2001

Just got an upgrade to a Haven courtyard suite from a mini suite w/ large balcony. 400 was min so I bid 460. Going to miss the big balcony, but hoping the haven perks make up for that. First cruise ever for us. Psyched!!!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Sb2001 said:

Just got an upgrade to a Haven courtyard suite from a mini suite w/ large balcony. 400 was min so I bid 460. Going to miss the big balcony, but hoping the haven perks make up for that. First cruise ever for us. Psyched!!!

Just saying...having a Haven courtyard suite for your first cruise .....😘..it just might spoil you for the rest of your cruising history....just saying....😍 enjoy yourself... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

you will LOVE it.  If Miroslav or Ezekiel are still at the Haven bar, they are awesome.

Miroslav hasn’t been there for a while. Chris took over as the main bartender and he was awesome but he is on leave now and his new contract is on the Breakaway. He told us that Daniel from the Prime Meridian bar is taking over as the head bartender in the Haven.

2 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Beware - once in a suite - always in a suite. We were spoiled on our very first cruise as well - have only gone back to a balcony twice since.

How true !

Started NCL with a Mini-Suite on the SUN

and it has been full suite ever since

Last cruise was in Garden Villa on the DAWN

Spoiled rotten to the Nth degree !

When do you get the opportunity to bid for an upgrade? We are traveling with 2 other couples and have our cabins all near each other.  Is there any shot that we would all be able to upgrade? Do we call and explain? Thank you!

1 hour ago, andychris said:

When do you get the opportunity to bid for an upgrade? We are traveling with 2 other couples and have our cabins all near each other.  Is there any shot that we would all be able to upgrade? Do we call and explain? Thank you!

Upgrades done by the bidding process are a crap shoot. You don't know what your cabin number will be until / if you win. Your CC is charged immediately. You can call NCL and try to upgrade but that probably won't work. See link below.....

When is your sailing? You should receive an email offer for the bidding process or log onto your NCL account to check. If you booked thru a TA or not all participate in the bidding process

https://www.ncl.com/es/en/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

Edited by Laszlo

On 4/2/2019 at 6:25 AM, andychris said:

Yeah, what laslo said is spot on. We got an email quite early. I watched what was still available. I noticed a lot of haven courtyards still available. I originally bid on a haven spa suite, but they sold out. I noticed a lot of courtyards still available and the cruise then sold out due to lifeboat capacity. So I bid there on the very low end, but just high enough to outbid low ballers. Hope this info helps. 

On 4/2/2019 at 6:25 AM, andychris said:

Oh yeah, I booked through NCL website

Did our first Sail away booking for a balcony.  The cabin given us would cost us almost $2k more then what we paid. Our friend also booked at the same time and we asked if we could be near each other.   We are on the same floor but my husband and I are at the first set of stairs and elevator and they are in the aft at the last set of stairs and elevator....

We got an upgrade to the Haven before they started the bidding process a few years ago.  I don't think we will ever go back to a regular cabin.  The perks are amazing.  We live frugal lives normally so this is our only splurge and we feel it's worth it.  Enjoy!!!!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, BostonGal35 said:

you will LOVE it.  If Miroslav or Ezekiel are still at the Haven bar, they are awesome.

Miroslav was our bartender in the Haven on our September of 2018 Getaway cruise.  He was great.  I didn't meet Ezekiel on that cruise.  Maybe he wasn't there then.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, Sb2001 said:

How was the Haven?