RCCL 50th anniversary sailing price question...

I am just curious as to your thoughts. Who has no problem paying the obviously super high prices for this cruise on 11/2/19 on Symphony for a 7 day cruise? And whom amongst you are not considering the cruise due to the pricing? Feel free to comment.

• Haha 1

Our original plan was to use VISA points. That didnt work. Then some bozo was promising decent group rates, bust again.  Thinking of booking after final.  It went down last year. 

The price is to high otherwise. Especially if you are not Pinnacle. 

Its the most we have ever paid for an off season cruise. Its paid off now so it better be great. I am looking nothing but forward at this point. We already bought the drinks package also to avoid the crush of all the upper tiers. maybe there will be some stellar free entertainment.

• Like 1

I knew a TA who saw the accidental announcement of this cruise date and blocked a group in before it became widespread news the next day.  I had a great rate on a CP balcony for ~$1,820 all in, refundable. 

After my Symphony TA experience with so many top elite I decided to bail on this cruise.  I plan to enjoy another ship on this date with fewer elite since they will flock to Symphony like moths to a flame.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

I knew a TA who saw the accidental announcement of this cruise date and blocked a group in before it became widespread news the next day.  I had a great rate on a CP balcony for ~$1,820 all in, refundable. 

After my Symphony TA experience with so many top elite I decided to bail on this cruise.  I plan to enjoy another ship on this date with fewer elite since they will flock to Symphony like moths to a flame.  

Even $1,820 seems high for that time frame.

Have you booked something new yet?  We may sail Harmony if I cant find a reasonable rate

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Even $1,820 seems high for that time frame.

Have you booked something new yet?  We may sail Harmony if I cant find a reasonable rate

For Symphony with the new ship premium that was a pretty good rate.  

I’m going to do Panama Canal.  Much lower per night rate and many more C&A points.  

Get to to spend the night before on the Queen Mary too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

For Symphony with the new ship premium that was a pretty good rate.  

I’m going to do Panama Canal.  Much lower per night rate and many more C&A points.  

Get to to spend the night before on the Queen Mary too.  

Panama Canal, talk about out if frying pan into the fire. Percentage wise the number of upper tier will be comparable. That's my guess. 😇

We haven't done one yet, have fun.

We're hoping to visit QE2 in Dubai next year.

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Panama Canal, talk about out if frying pan into the fire. Percentage wise the number of upper tier will be comparable. That's my guess. 😇

We haven't done one yet, have fun.

We're hoping to visit QE2 in Dubai next year.

I'm betting a bunch will be over on Symphony 🙂

Sailing out of San Pedro for Panama so the Grey Ghost is the Queen I'm referring to.  She's a floating hotel a couple miles from San Pedro.  

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm betting a bunch will be over on Symphony 🙂

Sailing out of San Pedro for Panama so the Grey Ghost is the Queen I'm referring to.  She's a floating hotel a couple miles from San Pedro.  

Absolutely,  I was just saying QM isn't the only floating hotel. We have two overnights in Dubai with Jewel.  November 2020

20180422_131620.jpg

• Like 2

We will not book.  While the parties and give aways looked fun ( from John's posts of the President's cruise), all the C&A  guests vying for attention would be a nightmare.  On second thought, it  might make for good entertainment!     

M

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Absolutely,  I was just saying QM isn't the only floating hotel. We have two overnights in Dubai with Jewel.  November 2020

20180422_131620.jpg

John - Dubai is fantastic, have you been there?  We cruised from there a few years ago and had 3 nights pre cruise. 

enjoy.

PS - If this is your first visit, consider Burj Khalifa tickets.  Amazing experience.  We went the morning of embarkation  and ran into many cruisers  from the ship who were on a B2B and a ship tour.    We also saw LOTS of officers/staff/crew . 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

50 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We will not book.  While the parties and give aways looked fun ( from John's posts of the President's cruise), all the C&A  guests vying for attention would be a nightmare.  On second thought, it  might make for good entertainment!     

M

It was awesome entertainment,  but I dont want to pay a big premium. Plus the Pins definitely have an enhanced experience. And having a BoA VISA is extremely important 

46 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

John - Dubai is fantastic, have you been there?  We cruised from there a few years ago and had 3 nights pre cruise. 

enjoy.

PS - If this is your first visit, consider Burj Khalifa tickets.  Amazing experience.  We went the morning of embarkation  and ran into many cruisers  from the ship who were on a B2B and a ship tour.    We also saw LOTS of officers/staff/crew . 

M

This pic is from the Mariner repo.

We had the Burj scheduled, but swapped it out for dune bashing and Bedouin feast.  

The coming Jewel trip has two overnights due to us being B2B. Will make sure we get to the Burj this time

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It was awesome entertainment,  but I dont want to pay a big premium. Plus the Pins definitely have an enhanced experience. And having a BoA VISA is extremely important 

We do have the card but why is it extremely important?

And as a lowly diamond, will I still just have a good time? The lounge is not important tp me in any way. Though when I see how many on here are from the Merritt Island area, I feel like I should meet some of the crowd.

1 hour ago, tinkr2 said:

@John & Lala  How do I see your past Presidents? I don't see it in your signature? 

I'll post the link tonight.  We are actually in the you tube video at the 45 second mark

1 hour ago, tinkr2 said:

We do have the card but why is it extremely important?

And as a lowly diamond, will I still just have a good time? The lounge is not important tp me in any way. Though when I see how many on here are from the Merritt Island area, I feel like I should meet some of the crowd.

I think there were 4 parties that required you have the card to be invited.

Martini party at Solarium bar

Lua on Boardwalk

Cocktails at Billy Ocean on Labadee

Fireworks party at Solarium bar

Diamond eligible for all.  

If lounge not important,  Diamond is fine.  We actually hung with Diamond and D+ friends in Blaze.  However, Pinnacles were treated over the top special.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll post the link tonight.  We are actually in the you tube video at the 45 second mark

Thank you. Wow thats a bunch of parties just bc of the card. Were drinks included in these parties? Am I truly wasting money by buying a drinks package?

43 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Thank you. Wow thats a bunch of parties just bc of the card. Were drinks included in these parties? Am I truly wasting money by buying a drinks package?

Yes, drinks included at all the VISA parties 

17 hours ago, twangster said:

is that in US$. For 2 people?

46 minutes ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

Hello All,

I am sorry, but out of 21 replies, only two actually answered my original inquiry. Are there any other thoughts to my original inquiry, or is this it?

That's about it. Maybe you should have done a survey

• Haha 1