1115am flight from FLL if 8am arrival at Miami port?

petuniaflower

It is doable if everything goes perfect and you are in the first groups off of the ship.  If the ship is delayed slightly or there is road construction you may run out of time.

Edited by ray98

19 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Would I have a better chance if we took Carnival transfers?

That is usually the first wave however there will be plenty of Uber drivers waiting outside.

I have been at the airport by 9:30 several times....once we were a little behind disembarking and hit traffic on the way so we arrived around 10:30.  With the wait at security you would be pushing it in that scenario.  Our flight is always around noon so it doesn't matter.

Edited by ray98

I have made this on more than one occasion.  It works best if you are flying on a Saturday or Sunday as there is no "work" traffic.  I have made it on other days as well.  Just make sure to self-disembark, and you should be fine.  Let Guest Services know you have an early flight, and you should be one of the first off the ship.  It also helps to check-in for your flight the day before.

One thousand people can chime in and say they made it and yet not one of those experiences had any bearing on what your experience will be. No one can tell you if you will be able to make it because no one can predict the future. There are way too many variables involved and way too many things that can happen causing you to miss your flight. So you need to decide if you are willing to take on the added expense of booking new flights if you miss yours. If not, book something in the afternoon instead. There’s a reason that Carnival advises no return flights before a certain time at each port. Personally, I choose to not end my vacations on a stressful note always book later rather than earlier. 

• Like 8

You likely will dock well before 8am.... Assuming ship is cleared as usual....you should not have a problem. I would plan on a hour to Airport once you leave ship. This would include getting baggage, clearing customs, getting a cab and travel to Airport. 

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.  There are too many unknown variables in the scenario.  If you don't get the airport in time for your flight, you may have to wait hours for another flight to have available seating.  And you'll be standby on anything no matter what, so you've got no guarantees there.  You could potentially end up at your final destination significantly later then just scheduling a later original flight.

And taking Carnival's transfers has literally nothing to do with you getting to the airport any faster.

• Like 1

Last August we did this for a 10:45am flight. We did self-disembarkation and had a reservation with SAS Transportation. We had bags checked and were through security waiting at the gate by 9am. I was actually disappointed that we made such good time and had to sit in the terminal for almost 2 hours. 

I would do it again.  

• Haha 1

I thought I read if you take the cruise lines transfer they try and ensure you get there on time?  Do they leave shortly after 8 or wait for buses to fill?

Do they usually say 8 but mean earlier?

If we get off by self disembark, how can we try and be first ones off the boat?  Just be ready in our cabin for when they call the first group?  Or is there somewhere we can wait to be faster?

We are flying to Canada, does that make a difference?

With Cruiseline transfers they will wait until bus is full... Best bet is to do self disemabarkation if you are capable of carrying your own luggage off ship. If this is not possible...Go to guest services and request to be in one of the first called group numbers. Show them your flight time and they will give you a early zone number. Basically your zone will be called after self disemabarkation guests, Diamond/Platinum/FTTF guests.  Self disembarkation is your best bet

On 4/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, Titan_Cruiser said:

Last August we did this for a 10:45am flight. We did self-disembarkation and had a reservation with SAS Transportation. We had bags checked and were through security waiting at the gate by 9am. I was actually disappointed that we made such good time and had to sit in the terminal for almost 2 hours. 

I would do it again.  

When you booked with SAS what time did you ask them to be there?  Our issue is that it says you must have a working cell phone, and as we are from Canada we dont usually have our cells on in the US (unless using wifi)

Feb was on the Glory returning to Miami. Ship arrived early and we with disembarkment we were off the boat and back to the garage where we parked by 730. Got behind a wreck on 95 going to the FLL airport  and still arrived by 915. If you are leaving from the port you shuld have no problem. Check in with quest services and make sure you get off quickly

Earliest I’ve been to FLL after disembarking in Miami was 745am. We just took an Uber to the airport. We were so early to the airport that we were able to get on an 845am flight home. The security checkpoint at that time of day was dead. Zero lines. 

On 4/7/2019 at 6:38 PM, DramaQueen22 said:

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.  There are too many unknown variables in the scenario.  If you don't get the airport in time for your flight, you may have to wait hours for another flight to have available seating.  And you'll be standby on anything no matter what, so you've got no guarantees there.  You could potentially end up at your final destination significantly later then just scheduling a later original flight.

And taking Carnival's transfers has literally nothing to do with you getting to the airport any faster.

This is especially true now that so many Boeing 737s have been taken out of service.  So many flights have been cancelled.

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tapi said:

Earliest I’ve been to FLL after disembarking in Miami was 745am. We just took an Uber to the airport. We were so early to the airport that we were able to get on an 845am flight home. The security checkpoint at that time of day was dead. Zero lines. 

Agree that this is the best way to go.

12 hours ago, Tapi said:

It says we arrive at port at 8 am though

5 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Any suggestion on how we could get transportation if we have no cell service?

You can either pre-arrange with a transportation company, or just grab a taxi as you exit the terminal. There may be a line of people for taxis, but it moves rather quickly. 

Two options I can think of, cab which will be the most expensive by far (prob enough to consider a throw away phone) and a prearranged pickup with a service, not as pricey but still sig more than uber or lyft.  I can recommend one or the florida departure board has many.  Do you not have a cell phone?

3 minutes ago, Tapi said:

You can either pre-arrange with a transportation company, or just grab a taxi as you exit the terminal. There may be a line of people for taxis, but it moves rather quickly. 

Lol, we should def coordinate our replies 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Two options I can think of, cab which will be the most expensive by far (prob enough to consider a throw away phone) and a prearranged pickup with a service, not as pricey but still sig more than uber or lyft.  I can recommend one or the florida departure board has many.  Do you not have a cell phone?

We do, just from Canada so typically dont use them when in US.  We could I suppose turn it on just to call.  What is the purpose of giving them your cell, is it to call when youre ready even if you have a pre arranged pick up time?

Also for the uber option, do they meet you right outside where the taxis would be?  And, when would you suggest ordering the uber as to not waste any time?  While in customs line perhaps?