Golden Princess completes her season in Australia today 8 April 2019

Hi lili ,hi lili  ,HILO .

They are in Hilo today and its looks like its raining , but then whats new...it always rains in Hilo.. Last stop before LA.

I imagine they will be on board tonight wearing their newly bought Hawaiian Shirts.😁

1299980942_30hilo.jpg.b7ea00812a48db95663adca26c5dca30.jpg

On 4/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, MicCanberra said:

I have a few people in my family have their birthday on the 18th. BTW, the official rule when you spread your birthday over two consecutive days, is that it only counts as 1/2 a birthday on each day.

Ditto, as well 

Thanks Mic, it was fun celebrating and celebrating, twice over!! 🙂 

In Hilo it didn’t rain on us until we were pulling away from the pier.  A lovely day in Hilo and also a great day in Honolulu.  All the shops opened at 10.00am and lots of people were heading to Walmart - not us!!!!  It’s now 4 sea days to LA, then off to Vancouver for us.  Having a great time with lots of happy people on board, from what we have seen. 🙂 

3 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

In Hilo it didn’t rain on us until we were pulling away from the pier.  A lovely day in Hilo and also a great day in Honolulu.  All the shops opened at 10.00am and lots of people were heading to Walmart - not us!!!!  It’s now 4 sea days to LA, then off to Vancouver for us.  Having a great time with lots of happy people on board, from what we have seen. 🙂 

Good to hear the cruise and ports are going well.

They have just left Vancouver on the first run to Alaska for the season, A shot of them lining up to sail under the Lions Gate Bridge at the entrance to Vancouvers Harbour.

775197422_8goldvan2.jpg.93cb8a45ebedf8dcc5190c60de4a05f4.jpg

656339252_8goldvan3.jpg.7ef23fd278755f4aa8edc15d7b9e21d4.jpg1377378694_8goldvan4.jpg.e45c69c73704d6dbbcde4d3ab4c61550.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Thanks David for taking the time to capture all the photos for us.

Sounds like from Busy Mum that the passengers had a great time.

I hope the crew did too catching up with friends on the Grand and the Royal.

A couple of years ago our tour guide in Hilo told us that it always starts raining there at 9.30 pm each night. He said you can set your clock by it. I don't know how true this is.

But what I did notice was how green it was in Hilo and how dry it was in Kona on the other side of the Island.

6 hours ago, sewgood said:

Thanks David for taking the time to capture all the photos for us.

Sounds like from Busy Mum that the passengers had a great time.

I hope the crew did too catching up with friends on the Grand and the Royal.

A couple of years ago our tour guide in Hilo told us that it always starts raining there at 9.30 pm each night. He said you can set your clock by it. I don't know how true this is.

But what I did notice was how green it was in Hilo and how dry it was in Kona on the other side of the Island.

The waterfalls in Hilo are always flowing, so that says something.