Specialty Dining Credit

kywildcatfanone

For those have booked with one of the perks being a specialty dining credit, do they do that like with other perks such as excursion credit, just add the value to your OBC and if you don't want to go to the restaurant get $58 or $50 in general OBC?  I've grown tired of the CG and would prefer to just have the OBC.

There will be a card in your cabin. It's not added as extra OBC. I doubt they will let you trade it out for OBC but I've never tried so hopefully someone else who has actually tried to do so can tell you for sure.

I doubt that you can trade for OBC. We often get a bottle of wine from our TA. We don't drink wine. Used to be able to exchange it for $20 OBC. They stopped that about 2 years ago.

Now we give the wine to a fellow cruiser.

Since you're tired of the CG...maybe try Sabatini's, Share or ???? depending on the ship.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

You’ll receive a voucher for a specialty restaurant (probably not the Crown Grille), date and time:  all of this will be pretty much at Princess’ discretion and they’re likely to do it for a slot that is in minimal demand for those with cash.  The voucher has no cash value so use it or lose it.

1 minute ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Can I book the CG before I board with this voucher, do an online reservation, or do I have to wait till I board to book the time I want?  Just never done this before. 

Can't book using the voucher ahead of time. If you book ahead of time, you have to pay immediately.

Just wait till you're on the ship, get the voucher and decide if it's the venue/time you want. If it's not what you want...call the dine line (be prepared to be on hold) or walk down to the specialty restaurant that's open for reservations and change it.

Nope.... Princess will tell you where and when you’re booked.  If you do something yourself, you’ll be paying for it.  You may be able to do a little negotiation on the time but you’ll need that voucher first as the starting point and you may not get it immediately upon boarding.

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Can't book using the voucher ahead of time. If you book ahead of time, you have to pay immediately.

Just wait till you're on the ship, get the voucher and decide if it's the venue/time you want. If it's not what you want...call the dine line (be prepared to be on hold) or walk down to the specialty restaurant that's open for reservations and change it.

Yeah, was assuming I could look to adjust the date/time when I'm onboard.  Perfect, thanks!

You can always change the date and venue. I've never heard of anybody being refused when they didn't want the venue or time that Princess had pre-selected for their free dinner.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

You can always change the date and venue. I've never heard of anybody being refused when they didn't want the venue or time that Princess had pre-selected for their free dinner.

Per above ....

We've never had a problem changing ours!  :classic_wink:

19 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Nope.... Princess will tell you where and when you’re booked.  If you do something yourself, you’ll be paying for it.  You may be able to do a little negotiation on the time but you’ll need that voucher first as the starting point and you may not get it immediately upon boarding.

You do not need to wait until you receive the voucher but you do have to wait until you're onboard. You can call to change the reservation to a different day and time and/or to a different restaurant as soon as you board even if you don't have the voucher. I have never had any problem doing this.

One time they sent me a specialty dining voucher for the first night - even though I was in a suite:classic_smile:. I definitely got that one changed.

I have tried to change the voucher for OBC with no luck.

It appears as though I’ve had two entirely different experiences with the complementary specialty dining than some others; I’ll just have to book a few more cruises to see what happens, I guess!  Enjoy your cruise, and your meal.  Regards....