Royal Princess Sanctuary

drewdrewcruiser

11 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I've read that it's recommended to go to the Sanctuary to reserve as soon as you get on the ship.  Do they charge you right away or are you just reserving?  What happens if you end up not going one the day you reserve? Do you get a refund?  

We're very regular users of the Sanctuary. Yes, you have to race up there as soon as you board, and you have to board early if you want to have any chance of getting a decent lounger. We are only Platinum, and there is always a line of B2Bers, Elites, etc ahead of us in line.

IIRC they charge your account each day. Yes, they would charge you if you book and don't show up, as you would be depriving them of revenue for the lounger(s) you aren't using. That being said, they are very good about not charging for bad weather days. We've even had them not charge us for days when the weather went bad half way through the day.

• Thanks 1

You sign a chit - or at least you did before Medallion.  Anyway, I forgot to advise the host I was not coming a certain day and called well after.  There was no charge.  On that cruise, the place was hardly used.  Perhaps different ships handle it differently (the MD is in charge of the Sanctuary).

56 minutes ago, LoraBella said:

can you use the Lotus pool without having a spot in the Sanctuary?  I"m  interested in the fact that it's an adults-only pool.

Yes. It is independent of the Sanctuary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoraBella said:

can you use the Lotus pool without having a spot in the Sanctuary?  I"m  interested in the fact that it's an adults-only pool.

There’s no pool in the Sanctuary on most Princess ships. The only ships with a pool actually in the Sanctuary are the Coral, Sea and Sun Princess. 

The Lotus Pool is free for any adult who wants to go there and has nothing to do with the Sanctuary. 

10 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

There’s no pool in the Sanctuary on most Princess ships. The only ships with a pool actually in the Sanctuary are the Coral, Sea and Sun Princess. 

The Lotus Pool is free for any adult who wants to go there and has nothing to do with the Sanctuary. 

thank you Pam!

Just now, milolii said:

I wonder about Alaska as well.  I was thinking it will be more relaxing?  When do either of you go?  We  cruise in August.  I read a review from a few years ago that was a great experience. 

It will depend on the weather. They close it if it is too windy or inclement weather. 

Hi, thanks for your review, and the prices your posted on another thread.  Closing ifnecessary makes sense. We are actually thinking of Glacier Bay Day. And possibly a cabana.   I think the prices are more for that day.