Blu and select dining - how can I change?

SandyDix

Hi guys, we are booked as Aquaclass passengers on celebrity silhouette for August. This is our first cruise and I thought that by opting for "select dining" it meant we could please ourselves what time we ate in Blu. I now realise that the select dining option is only for the MDR. Whilst we may try the MDR once, we intend to have most if not all of our meals in Blu. I'm just wondering if I can change this online and if so how? The invoice I was sent in January  details "select dining" so I somehow need to change this!

Thanks in advance guys for your help.

And on the first night, they will usually put a card in your cabin with a suggested time to come to Blu, to avoid everyone turning up at the same time.  Ours is always something ridiculously early (for us), like 5.45.  Feel free to ignore that card, and go when you want to, with the proviso that you might be choosing the most popular time, and have a brief wait.  

2 hours ago, SandyDix said:

Hi guys, we are booked as Aquaclass passengers on celebrity silhouette for August. This is our first cruise and I thought that by opting for "select dining" it meant we could please ourselves what time we ate in Blu. I now realise that the select dining option is only for the MDR. Whilst we may try the MDR once, we intend to have most if not all of our meals in Blu. I'm just wondering if I can change this online and if so how? The invoice I was sent in January  details "select dining" so I somehow need to change this!

Thanks in advance guys for your help.

Blu is anytime dining all the time, you do not have a seat in the MDR as Blu is your assigned dining room. You don't have to change anything, as a matter of fact you can't change it to anything other than anytime dining     They do not accept reservations, you just walk in and are seated.  You may eat in the MDR if you wish and how to do that it appears is on a ship by ship basis.  As someone stated there will be a letter requesting the first night you appear at a certain time but you can just ignore it and go whenever you want.

Your confusion is because of Celebrity's IT system which can't seem to recognize the dining situation in Blu after a dozen years or so.  Their fault not yours. 

On 4/9/2019 at 5:27 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

It says "select dining" but, it is a default setting.  Rest assured you are assigned to BLU and there is nothing you need to do.  You may arrive anytime you want when dining in BLU.  I hope this helps.

I wondered about this also and so am glad I found this thread!  My booking confirmation (even though Aqua) also states 'select dining'. And, similar to what Sandy Dix posted, we also might well want to take some meals in the MDR instead, and so while I've always reserved 'my time' or 'select' dining times before the cruise, guess I really don't need to bother with that right now. I suppose can easily change a dining time from Blu to MDR (?) The only thing is, it has been my experience that the early MDR times often fill up. We like around 6:00 most of the time. Will have to play this new dining experience by ear and see how it goes.