Crown Grill Pre-Cruise Online Payment

HappyMe_

Attempted to make reservations online and because we have 9 in our party, exceeded limit.  I called Princess and was told I could make reservation for 8 of us and another member of our party can make reservation for 1.  That seems odd to me,  but who knows.  I don’t want to wait until boarding as we do have specific date we wish to dine.  

Has anyone dealt with above scenario?  Appreciate comments.

I would graciously ask them to make your reservation now (pre-cruise) and accommodate your group of 9 by pushing two tables together.  Be nice, but don't take no for an answer. They won't want to lose that 9 person upcharge.  Get confirmation in writing from them.  This is done all the time in dining establishments and you are paying a premium to dine there. It really shouldn't be a problem. That way, you won't have to worry about when you board. Since you have a larger group, I would confirm your reservation with them soon after you board. Enjoy! 

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

How about you make two reservations for Crown grill; both at same time and two tables of 4;  once you get there have them put tables together.

In my opinion, this would not be a good idea. Don't ask them to change the arrangements after you get there.

If Princess is not able to take a reservation for nine in advance, then I'd recommend doing what the Princess rep suggested. But definitely contact the head waiter at the Crown Grill after you board to combine the reservations. Don't try to talk to anyone on the DINE line. Talk directly to the head waiter at the Crown Grill.

I don't believe the head waiter would have any problem handling your request as long as he has at least one day's advance notice. But he may need the advance notice.

Be sure to see he Crown Grill's head waiter, in advance.  They will do anything for you, but seeing the head waiter in advance will greatly smooth the way.  Do go ahead and make the 8+1 or 4x4 reservations online, so that he has this to work with...

I rarely see CG filled up. It shouldn't be an issue to just do it as soon as you board and get the time and date you prefer for your group. If you really don't think that is "safe" for your purposes then do the 4+4 thing in advance. Remember though that booking online in advance doesn't offer you full choice of times. They only offer a limited number of times online.

One last good thought - nine of us were seated at a big round table, at the Captain's most travelled luncheon, which was held in the Crown Grill on the Emerald last fall. There were four couples at the table, plus a ship's officer.  So it is definitely "do-able".

Make those reservations, talk to the head waiter in advance, and enjoy🙂

🌊📽🍴🍗🍤🍖🍷😌🍨🍧🍴️🍽

Edited by Cruiserkenn