Sydney To Tahiti to Hawaii Ovation

xpcdoojk , interesting that you mention Tom from Ontario.  We met him and his wife , Lynn , in the SL back in November on Oasis. Yes, really nice folks.  They talked about this trip that you are on now and making Pinnacle around the same time.   I have been watching discussions to see if there was any mention of them  achieving that glorious status.  Imagine my delight when I saw your post about Tom .

If you get a chance, please tell them that the  old gray haired folks from Georgia send their regards and excitement for them reaching Pinnacle.  We watched Tom on the Flowrider and he is very good. Adorable couple !

Thanks for doing the TR...it sounds marvelous .

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The most amazing thing I learned though was from Tom, Tom is a General Contractor in Ontario, a really nice guy and good rider who doesn’t like to get wet.  That is was not amazing.  Staying in friends Jr Suite as a third and his wife in another JS getting triple points in order to reach Pinnacle.  Which they will do after this cruise.

He sounds familiar - I guess I'll see him in line the first couple of days.

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The most amazing thing I learned though was from Tom, Tom is a General Contractor in Ontario, a really nice guy and good rider who doesn’t like to get wet.  That is was not amazing.  Staying in friends Jr Suite as a third and his wife in another JS getting triple points in order to reach Pinnacle.  

jc

Once you pass 340, the solo rate in a JS can make it cheaper to split up.  On the ship, that is.

Edited by John&LaLa

So John, I am so completely naive about Pinnacle achievements because at this point in my life it is simply a conversation it has no real meaning to me.  Is this a common technique to reach Pinnacle?  It adds a level of nuance that I was unaware of.  

Flowrider is not to this afternoon, but I will mention Georgia congrats to Tom

jc

12 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Is this a common technique to reach Pinnacle?  It adds a level of nuance that I was unaware of.  

I had a chat with Tom, well I think it was Tom, and yes, it was an eye opener - the math and the logistics of C&A point whoring.

• Haha 1

I missed it they have old people surfing at 9 this morning.  So, we get an hour.  Then Boogie til 2 then 3 hours of stand-up.

I was simply amazed.  A very wealthy woman from Montreal was having the conversation with Tom and I and she turned to me why would someone do this, and I said, so that they can have benefits and can book an inside and get all of the perks of a suite when they are on a fixed income.  She said, I would never want a cheap cabin, and I reminded her not everyone has that luxury.  There is no conversation more fascinating than flowrider line conversations.

Anyway, off to the wave for an hour.  Ciao.

jc

That is correct jc. She gets 3 points per night and the husband gets to tag along on her higher point level. When she gets to Pinnacle, they both do. :classic_biggrin: 

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So John, I am so completely naive about Pinnacle achievements because at this point in my life it is simply a conversation it has no real meaning to me.  Is this a common technique to reach Pinnacle?  It adds a level of nuance that I was unaware of.  

Flowrider is not to this afternoon, but I will mention Georgia congrats to Tom

jc

Not necessarily,  it's just nice to get a second bath, a a quiet nights sleep

Edited by John&LaLa

40 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is correct jc. She gets 3 points per night and the husband gets to tag along on her higher point level. When she gets to Pinnacle, they both do. :classic_biggrin: 

A rising sea raises all ships. 😉

The natives are getting restless.  1 hour in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon with long lines.  They are wanting to confront the sports staff about more stand-up and less boogie or more hours.  It was coolish with a lot of wind this morning, got 2 two minute turns.  First one surfed off top of the wave twice first run and did the entire two minutes, then got scolded for chewing gum and blowing bubbles while surfing the last run.  It is a choking hazard you know.  I was like since I didn’t brush my teeth, the smell of my breath versus the choking hazard would seem to work in your favor.

jc

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I had a chat with Tom, well I think it was Tom, and yes, it was an eye opener - the math and the logistics of C&A point whoring.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I was asked and have my last thoughts on the matter.  

Three examples, all random. It's best to run the numbers on cruises as far out as possible before they start changing. You will be most successful when there is a decent discrepancy between a JS and an inside. Using a balcony discount for the JS, and obviously you have over 340 C&A points

Rhapsody  7 day western Jan 9, 2021 -  JS for two $3,048, JS for 1 is $2,222 and Inside for 1 is $933 ($107 more)

Jewel 16 day Suez Canal March 27, 2021 - JS for two $6,627, JS for 1 is $4,492 and 1 inside is $2,013 ($122 less)

Radiance 17 day TP April 16, 2021 - JS for two $8,176, JS for 1 is $6,017 and 1 inside is $2,013 ($146 less)

So basically, it is cheaper on the two long cruises to book two rooms and not use them. You get a bonus cruise point, and all your ammenities for the second cabin. you can also bring two more wines aboard. 

cheers

I think the system I discovered, is better, because as a 3rd person on 4 B2B2B2B cruises, it is way cheaper than an inside.  I am perfectly fine with it.  I appreciate people finding ways to get what they want.  I was just amazed that people went to such extremes.  I am a simple guy.  I am from the Midwest.  I don’t work that hard on being creative.

jc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was just amazed that people went to such extremes.  

So it seems that Tom will get 81 points from just 18 days of sailing - that should be a trick question on CC.  Curious to know how RCI let him leave in Maui - seems that would be a PVSA violation.

Edited by Biker19

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So it seems that Tom will get 81 points from just 18 days of sailing - that should be a trick question on CC.  Curious to know how RCI let him leave in Maui - seems that would be a PVSA violation.

Ok, I’m lost on that total.  You might have to spell it out better for me. Not post whoring. 

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ok, I’m lost on that total.  You might have to spell it out better for me. Not post whoring. 

Yea, I don't follow either. His points dont matter. It is the wife's points that are key.

18 × 3 = 54

Edited by John&LaLa

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tom is B2B - 27 nights x 3 points in a JS = 81. He is leaving the ship early in Maui, after only 2 days on the second sailing - 18 days on the ship (16 days SYD to HNL and 2 days HNL - Maui).  Not sure who on paper is in the JS (maybe it is DW) - but that person would get the 81 points.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Tom is B2B - 27 nights x 3 points in a JS = 81. He is leaving the ship early in Maui, after only 2 days on the second sailing - 18 days on the ship (16 days SYD to HNL and 2 days HNL - Maui).  Not sure who on paper is in the JS (maybe it is DW) - but that person would get the 81 points.

Thanks Biker, that makes more sense. 

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Well by that logic, I got 48 points on Rhapsody TA and never set foot on the ship. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

So it seems that Tom will get 81 points from just 18 days of sailing - that should be a trick question on CC.

Another trick question, maybe - Tom is D++ (over 340 by virtue of link to DW who has let's say 500 points) but has less than 340 points on his individual account and books a cabin for himself solo - does he get the 150% solo supplement?

Biker, who is sorry to completely derail JCs, thread.

Edited by Biker19