Haven Benefits?

Fincherson

I'm booking a cruiser on either the Bliss or the Encore and thinking about doing the Haven. Can anybody tell me what the perks are of booking in the Haven? I was also curious if there was a drawback to booking a Haven Spa Suite? I thought I had heard before that there were drawbacks to it but I can't find anything on it.

Thank you in advance!

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/cruising-the-haven-and-suites-by-norwegian-perks-details-part-1

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/cruising-the-haven-and-suites-by-norwegian-perks-details-part-2

The only drawback I can think of is the the Spa Suite is usually on the other end of the ship. We enjoy being right by the Haven!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, valleyvillage said:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/cruising-the-haven-and-suites-by-norwegian-perks-details-part-1

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/cruising-the-haven-and-suites-by-norwegian-perks-details-part-2

The only drawback I can think of is the the Spa Suite is usually on the other end of the ship. We enjoy being right by the Haven!

Thank you so much!!!

The Haven spa rooms are not in the Haven proper. 

They are smaller than other Haven rooms

They have the benefit of the in room jacuzzi but with that you would not have a proper dining table as in other Haven rooms.

The greatest pro is they are usually the best value of all the Haven room categories and if you are one that enjoys the spa experience then it could be a great room for you as the thermal spa pass is included. 

• Like 2

Advantages of the H9

• Built-in access to the Spa which other Haven staterooms would have to pay in order to access (a little over $200pp)
  • In stateroom whirlpool bath

Disadvantages of the H9

• Limited sleeping capacity (2)
  • Only 1 large bed which doesn't split/no sofa-bed. Occupants must share sleeping. Other suites also have 1 large bed that doesn't split but most have a sofa-bed option
  • Smallest Haven suite and doesn't have a separate living-room/bedroom like the H8/7/6/4/2
  • Not located within the actual Haven complex

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fincherson said:

I'm booking a cruiser on either the Bliss or the Encore and thinking about doing the Haven. Can anybody tell me what the perks are of booking in the Haven? I was also curious if there was a drawback to booking a Haven Spa Suite? I thought I had heard before that there were drawbacks to it but I can't find anything on it.

Thank you in advance!

I have cruised in the Haven on the Breakaway (twice), Escape and this January I will be in the Haven on the Bliss.

I always take the Haven Aft Facing Suite....a long walk to the Haven in the front of the ship, but the huge balcony is worth it.  Besides, I need the exercise for all the food and drink on a cruise.  My Fitbit usually shows 5-6 miles a day....more on port days!!

The biggest negative of being in the Haven is that it is very difficult to go back to a regular cabin!!:classic_biggrin:

Don:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fincherson said:

Thank you so much for breaking it down for me. I appreciate it so much. This has been incredibly helpful

We like the H9 Spa Suites. The are the most economical room, come with a large bath that looks out over the water, and have access to the Thermal Suite Spa included. 

Wrt the comment above, no Haven beds split into two beds on the Bliss or Encore. The room is designed to sleep two. 

Wrt to the comment above, in an apples to apples comparison, the spa suite is bigger than a standard Haven room and costs [a lot] less. Yeah, you can compare it to a larger 2 bedroom suite or Owner’s suite, but they are in a completely different price range (like comparing a Jeep to an Escalade) 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dongordon said:

I have cruised in the Haven on the Breakaway (twice), Escape and this January I will be in the Haven on the Bliss.

I always take the Haven Aft Facing Suite....a long walk to the Haven in the front of the ship, but the huge balcony is worth it.  Besides, I need the exercise for all the food and drink on a cruise.  My Fitbit usually shows 5-6 miles a day....more on port days!!

The biggest negative of being in the Haven is that it is very difficult to go back to a regular cabin!!:classic_biggrin:

Don:classic_rolleyes:

I am worried about that. We've always just had a standard balcony and this October we're taking our (5!) kids on Carnival's Vista in which we're staying in an interior family harbor room... which I'm dreading a bit so I'm thinking on our next cruise I will need to try out The Haven to cleanse my palate. 😂

Edited by Fincherson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We like the H9 Spa Suites. The are the most economical room, come with a large bath that looks out over the water, and have access to the Thermal Suite Spa included. 

Wrt the comment above, no Haven beds split into two beds on the Bliss or Encore. The room is designed to sleep two. 

Wrt to the comment above, in an apples to apples comparison, the spa suite is bigger than a standard Haven room and costs [a lot] less. Yeah, you can compare it to a larger 2 bedroom suite or Owner’s suite, but they are in a completely different price range (like comparing a Jeep to an Escalade) 

Thank you, BT! I love your reviews and I'm happy to have your perspective. My husband and I always purchase spa passes and enjoy it immensely so this is really good to hear.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I do not believe that is correct that the spa suite is bigger than the standard haven room.  If the standard haven room is the courtyard penthouse, the spa suite is smaller.  There is no room for a couch in the spa suite.  Many of the spa suites also have a pole by the jacuzzi.  The bathroom is smaller in the spa suire than in the courtyard.  

15 minutes ago, gizfish said:

I do not believe that is correct that the spa suite is bigger than the standard haven room.  If the standard haven room is the courtyard penthouse, the spa suite is smaller.  There is no room for a couch in the spa suite.  Many of the spa suites also have a pole by the jacuzzi.  The bathroom is smaller in the spa suire than in the courtyard.  

For the Bliss, per the NCL website, the standard Haven Courtyard has 326 sq ft in the room. 

For the Bliss, per the NCL website, the standard Haven Spa Suite has 430 sq ft in the room. 

For us, personally, since we buy spa passes, the Haven Spa Suite is good value for money. It's a beautiful room. It has a wonderful whirlpool that looks out over the water. And it is a few steps away from the forward stairs on the BA, GA, and Escape. And it is a lot cheaper than the H5 in the Haven complex,,,, for more space. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

We did a haven spa suite on the Epic.  It was really great on a larger ship to have a separate line for getting on/off the ship in busy ports.  The coffee/espresso machine is awesome (we love good strong coffee).  It was actually nice that it wasn't right in the haven.  Access to the haven was easy unless you have mobility issues.  The tub was not a seller for us. as we don't use the spa tub we have at home.  The Haven areas are very nice, but you will still be using the rest of the ship....  Spa havens are a great way to get the benefits at a more affordable pricepoint.

6 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Advantages of the H9

• Built-in access to the Spa which other Haven staterooms would have to pay in order to access (a little over $200pp)
  • In stateroom whirlpool bath

Disadvantages of the H9

• Limited sleeping capacity (2)
  • Only 1 large bed which doesn't split/no sofa-bed. Occupants must share sleeping. Other suites also have 1 large bed that doesn't split but most have a sofa-bed option
  • Smallest Haven suite and doesn't have a separate living-room/bedroom like the H8/7/6/4/2
  • Not located within the actual Haven complex

Haven Courtyard suite does not have a separate bedroom. It is one room just like the Spa suite, minus the in-suite spa.

We had a Haven Spa suite on our last cruise.  We didn't mind not being in the Haven Proper because we would just go up there.  My TA just told me that NCL is thinking about taking the Spa Suites out of the Haven category because it is too much work on the butlers to have to leave the Haven Proper.  It's not a definite thing yet but might be a good idea to ask before you book a Spa Suite.  That's just what I've been told.  

On 4/11/2019 at 1:09 PM, Fincherson said:

Thank you in advance!

I don't know about the perks, but we got off Breakaway this morning and we saw a funny site yesterday morning at the breakfast buffet. A younger looking woman walked around the whole buffet area 3 times wearing a haven robe and haven house shoes. she was proud of being a haven guest.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, fsa1155 said:

We had a Haven Spa suite on our last cruise.  We didn't mind not being in the Haven Proper because we would just go up there.  My TA just told me that NCL is thinking about taking the Spa Suites out of the Haven category because it is too much work on the butlers to have to leave the Haven Proper.  It's not a definite thing yet but might be a good idea to ask before you book a Spa Suite.  That's just what I've been told.  

Time to get a new travel agent with uninformed statements like that.

Did you know that nearly 40% of the Haven rooms are NOT in the Haven complex proper?

Edited by BirdTravels

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Did you know that nearly 40% of the Haven rooms are NOT in the Haven complex proper?

If I'm not mistaken, the dozen or so Haven Spa Suites are the most popular cabins and I highly doubt NCL would eliminate them but more likely increase their number.   I think your TA was trying to scare you into something benefiting the TA.

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

26 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

If I'm not mistaken, the dozen or so Haven Spa Suites are the most popular cabins and I highly doubt NCL would eliminate them but more likely increase their number.   I think your TA was trying to scare you into something benefiting the TA.

Thanks.  I'll definitely be checking on this.  

2 hours ago, fsa1155 said:

Thanks.  I'll definitely be checking on this.  

Yes. I agree that your TA was trying to trick you into buying a much more expensive room. Or trying to make you think that they are “in the know” to trust them when they rip you off. 

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. I agree that your TA was trying to trick you into buying a much more expensive room. Or trying to make you think that they are “in the know” to trust them when they rip you off. 

I stopped using TA's many years ago and book direct with NCL, unlike other lines that don't allow direct booking. I really like going online and making my selections.

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

17 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

I stopped using TA's many years ago and book direct with NCL, unlike other lines that don't allow direct booking. I really like going online and making my selections.

Well, I don't think she was trying to trick me because we weren't booking anything at the time.  It was just a conversation we were having.  I know her pretty well and she has never told me anything in the past that was incorrect.  I use her because she always gives us extra OBC to use.  Still, it never hurts to check on topics like this prior to booking another cruise with her.  

I saw this in another post and was wondering if this is true on the Escape.

Another new to us perk, was all Haven guests were able to bypass the elevator lines when returning to the ship on port days. They had an area roped off at the gangway with a Haven crew member ready to whisk you away. That was really really nice! 

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 2