Uniworld Budapest to Bucharest and Milan to Venice

djett

On 4/13/2019 at 2:46 PM, djett said:

My wife and I are taking two Uniworld cruises back to back. We just started our Milan to Venice trip. I'm doing a daily blog for anyone interested: https://davejetton.blogspot.com/

These will be our fourth and fifth Uniworld cruises and I plan to review them when we get home.

Dave, thank you for providing a  link to your blog and for your most enjoyable reports.

We will be taking our first Uniworld cruise next month on the rivers of France on the Joie de Vivre and the Catherine.  Your food photos give me the impression that we will enjoy our cuisine, I hope they taste as good as they look.

Your experience in regard to your "adventure" in your Bucharest to Milan flight and the way that the Uniworld rep helped out was very reassuring.

Enjoy the second leg of your cruise!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/13/2019 at 2:46 PM, djett said:

My wife and I are taking two Uniworld cruises back to back. We just started our Milan to Venice trip. I'm doing a daily blog for anyone interested: https://davejetton.blogspot.com/

These will be our fourth and fifth Uniworld cruises and I plan to review them when we get home.

Dave,

Thank you for posting the link to this most enjoyable blog.  My wife and I followed your daily posts and appreciate the info provided and your great photos.

Glad that you had such a great time on this cruise.

Bob

Dave,

Thanks for the great blog.  We did Milan to Venice 2 years ago June and had a great time.  Thanks for bringing back the memories.  Thinking about Eastern Europe cruise for 2021.  It looks like a great trip.

Brian

Of our five Uniworld cruises, Budapest to Bucharest was our least favorite. I've written a review but it hasn't been published yet. If you do take this cruise, I recommend Bucharest to Budapest.

robertmartha,

more likely than not, rather than posting live, I plan on doing a day to day trip report after I complete the cruise.  I have done a few live trip reports on ocean cruises, and based on my previous river cruise experience, I don't know that there is enough spare time for my slow brain and fingers to post coherent thoughts on the go.😨

But I do plan on posting a report about our experiences onboard and on shore, with photos, after the fact.

Bob

• Like 1

Bob -

Look forward to reading when you return!

Thanks so much - enjoy your sailings!

One thing I am curious about is evening dining times on Uniworld.

Sailed AMA and was not a fan of the mad rush to the dining room at 7pm

Have read that Uniworld is more relaxed and that you can arrive any time during the evening dining hours - just don't know how true that is?

Thanks again

robertmartha-

We've found that most people go into the dining room at 7 pm. This is often because you've met friends and want to dine together. But there are people who come in a little bit later. It's never seemed to be problem, particularly if you prefer a table for two.

djett

Thank you for the response. Was hoping that would be the case. We would be a family party of five to six - wife and I traveling with our twenty something daughters and their significant others....so flexibility with evening dining esp after being out all day and or not have to rush back to be seated at seven helps. Even if its an extra hour!

thank you again

Bob

robertmartha - we have had the same experience as djett re: dining on Uniworld.

On our last European (Danube) cruise, we often went in 30-45 minutes after the mad rush. While everyone else went to eat, we hung out in the nice quiet lounge/bar with a glass of wine and relaxed. It usually resulted in a table for two with fast service, and we were often finishing up at a similar time to the other big tables.

The exception was the India cruise, which was smaller and we all ate around the same time. But that was for the reason that djett mentioned above.

18 hours ago, robertmartha said:

Thanks jpalbny - great to know. That mad 7pm rush was the only thing about the AMA sailing that bothered me.....

Saw from your screen name you are "upstate NY"

We are downstate NY in Rockland County right outside NYC

I was born in Rockland:classic_biggrin:....we moved away when I was a little girl...… but I was just in the city on 4/9......sailed out of Manhattan.:classic_smile:   And I want to go on this River Cruise on the PO too!

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, djett said:

Good morning, I just read your blog...….the pictures are OUTSTANDING.  I LOVE ITALY and now I really think I need to book this cruise:classic_biggrin:

Anne, I just spoke with Uniworld and have a cabin on hold........for Oct (this year)....this particular week 10/13 they have waived the SS and it is on a French Balcony.....so I will make sure the week is available (at work)....it is not the 10 nighter.

But 8 nights VENICE TO VENICE.......should still be excellent.:classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Anne, I just spoke with Uniworld and have a cabin on hold........for Oct (this year)....this particular week 10/13 they have waived the SS and it is on a French Balcony.....so I will make sure the week is available (at work)....it is not the 10 nighter.

As you recall, this was our first river cruise, and now we are hooked. Venice, of course, is a favorite for us, and we just ended our Empires of the Med. cruise with Viking with an additional 2 nights (on our own) in Venice. We stayed at the Al Ponte Antico Hotel. It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

We did this cruise over Labor Day and had perfect weather. Ate on the sundeck 6/7 nights.

Robin

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, acwmom said:

As you recall, this was our first river cruise, and now we are hooked. Venice, of course, is a favorite for us, and we just ended our Empires of the Med. cruise with Viking with an additional 2 nights (on our own) in Venice. We stayed at the Al Ponte Antico Hotel. It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

We did this cruise over Labor Day and had perfect weather. Ate on the sundeck 6/7 nights.

Robin

Hi Robin:classic_biggrin:...honestly, I don't recall this being your first River Cruise but glad to know you loved it.:classic_smile:..… I will google that hotel. I stayed at the Bauer Palazzo last summer...….I sailed from Venice to Nice back in August on Silversea.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Lois,

This really is a great trip.  I found it to be one of our more relaxing trips.  I don't know if this makes sense or not but the more I've thought about it since 2 years ago when we went and the more reviews I've read to relive the experience the greater appreciation I've had for how great a trip it was.  Hope all works out for you in October.  That will be a great month.

Brian

54 minutes ago, papa B me said:

Lois,

This really is a great trip.  I found it to be one of our more relaxing trips.  I don't know if this makes sense or not but the more I've thought about it since 2 years ago when we went and the more reviews I've read to relive the experience the greater appreciation I've had for how great a trip it was.  Hope all works out for you in October.  That will be a great month.

Brian

Hi Brian, I am looking at the calendar this week at work...…...the cruiseline said they could hold the cabin for 72 hours/3 days.

So I will know something by Wednesday!