No More Budweiser On Board???

NJ CRUISE

On 4/13/2019 at 9:44 PM, NJ CRUISE said:

Recently off the Paradise, and noticed there was no Budweiser being offered in the beer selections at the bars.

Asked a couple of bartenders and they said Carnival was not stocking it anymore.

End of an era I guess.

Has the "King of Beers" really fallen that far???

I just ordered some Bud Light tobe delivered to my cabin for my 2020 cruise.

On 4/14/2019 at 1:32 AM, mets123 said:

Bud is a starter beer for those who just started drinking beer. Once you've realized what beer should taste like you're never going to drink Bud again.

My hubby drinks Bud Light all the time, and he’s nearly 70. He used to drink full strength Bud, but needs to watch his carbs and calories now. Won’t go near any of that crappy “craft” beers. He says those are for sissy millennials. Who thinks putting a fruity flavor in beer is even legal?? Sorry, just kidding. But if you want to drink beer, drink a real beer.

7 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

My hubby drinks Bud Light all the time, and he’s nearly 70. He used to drink full strength Bud, but needs to watch his carbs and calories now. Won’t go near any of that crappy “craft” beers. He says those are for sissy millennials. Who thinks putting a fruity flavor in beer is even legal?? Sorry, just kidding. But if you want to drink beer, drink a real beer.

Some craft beers are 6% to 10% alcohol compared to bud light 4%. Craft doesn’t mean flavored, it means brewed by a smaller company (for lack of boring you with a bigger description). A lot more TLC goes into it. 

On 4/14/2019 at 6:21 AM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Budweiser owns so many other companies that the "craft beer" we drink just might be owned by them and we don't even realize it. Lol

and Budweiser is owned by InBev which owns even more.

• Like 1

There's no type of snob more obnoxious than a beer snob. The taste police telling others their preferences are inferior.  "I'd rather drink water." Well, goodie for you. Will it be craft water, like naive spelled backwards?

You know, there just may be people out there who don't prefer the taste of craft beers. I know, how can they even live a harmonious life.

Dilly, Dilly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, John Reid said:

There's no type of snob more obnoxious than a beer snob. The taste police telling others their preferences are inferior.  "I'd rather drink water." Well, goodie for you. Will it be craft water, like naive spelled backwards?

You know, there just may be people out there who don't prefer the taste of craft beers. I know, how can they even live a harmonious life.

Dilly, Dilly.

PRECISELY!! Dilly, Dilly! 👍

1 hour ago, John Reid said:

There's no type of snob more obnoxious than a beer snob. The taste police telling others their preferences are inferior.

1 hour ago, John Reid said:

You know, there just may be people out there who don't prefer the taste of craft beers.

I agree. I know for me, it's all about what tastes good, not who brewed it and how much it costs. While I've never really cared for Bud, I've drank and enjoyed plenty of other beers brewed by AB InBev and their competitors over the years and some of them have been more enjoyable IMO than a lot of the $6 to 10 a pint craft beers I've had.

I say drink what you like, not what the "connoisseurs" say you should drink.

Edited by schazzy

On 4/14/2019 at 9:56 AM, Joebucks said:

It is physically impossible to have a Budweiser thread without hearing that "better" beers exist. Just like everything else. There's better cruise lines, better food, better ports, blah blah blah.

Personally, I'm sick of craft beers. I feel like garbage after drinking them. I love a good Bud Light Platinum for abv and being lighter. What I'm more sad about is Carnival doesn't carry Jim Beam. 

i agree. i'm not a beer snob, hell, i even brew my own beer. It's funny to see people once they go up they can't go back down. funny how the microbrews started brewing lights and lagers now. I think all beer has it's time and place. Nothing wrong with a light here and there. 

19 hours ago, splash_in_the_water said:

i agree. i'm not a beer snob, hell, i even brew my own beer. It's funny to see people once they go up they can't go back down. funny how the microbrews started brewing lights and lagers now. I think all beer has it's time and place. Nothing wrong with a light here and there. 

I'll drink Bud...if it's free.

25 minutes ago, Keys2Heaven said:

Insane to begin with and for Bud Light?

Not insane, when you consider that same Bud Light at the bars will cost $6.25. You save $1.00 by buying 4 ahead. Not a big deal, by any means, but not insane. I bought a 4 pack of Bud Light and a 4 pack of Coors Lite for our cabin for my hubby. I also ordered a 12 pack of bottled water at only $4.95(I think that’s how much it was, and WAY cheaper than what I paid on NCL). I will be bringing  on my wine and soda. 

21 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Not insane, when you consider that same Bud Light at the bars will cost $6.25. You save $1.00 by buying 4 ahead. Not a big deal, by any means, but not insane. I bought a 4 pack of Bud Light and a 4 pack of Coors Lite for our cabin for my hubby. I also ordered a 12 pack of bottled water at only $4.95(I think that’s how much it was, and WAY cheaper than what I paid on NCL). I will be bringing  on my wine and soda. 

Can't argue with you on the water. Always get a couple of cases. We bring on the allowed bottles of wine as well. Have never been a Bud fan. Yes, I have acquired a taste for craft beers, but I wasn't a Bud fan long before I even started drinking craft beer. My preferences prior were Michelob and MGD.