Refrigerators on Zuiderdam?

Crusin-Suzan

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, RuthC said:

Yes. Every cabin on the Zuiderdam has a fridge.

On the S- & R-class ships only the cabins with a balcony have a fridge. On all other HAL ships, every cabin has a fridge.

My only cautionary comment is the "refrigerator" on HAL, actually most cruise ships we've been on regardless of line, is more of a cooler than a true refrigerator like most of us are used to at home.  Good enough for say certain medicines that require refrigeration but you're not going to get really cold drinks out of them. 

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

So I assume the Volendam has fridges?  I will be in an outside cabin. Thanks for any info 

An outside on that ship will not have one, but you can rent one. They used to be $1 per day but I don't know if they still are that price. Call Ship Services to reserve one.

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, catl331 said:

An outside on that ship will not have one, but you can rent one. They used to be $1 per day but I don't know if they still are that price. Call Ship Services to reserve one.

I saw in a post earlier this year that the price has been reported to now be $2/day. But of course call Ship Services to reserve and get the actual price. 

One thing to remember, is that it also has to go somewhere and take up some of your precious cabin space. 

9 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

My only cautionary comment is the "refrigerator" on HAL, actually most cruise ships we've been on regardless of line, is more of a cooler than a true refrigerator like most of us are used to at home.  Good enough for say certain medicines that require refrigeration but you're not going to get really cold drinks out of them. 

The last time I measured the minimbar temps with my infrared thermometer I found 43 degress for items stored at the back wall and 46 degrees for sodas stored in the door.  Regular refrigerator temps are 34-42 degrees.

5 hours ago, drowelf said:

I saw in a post earlier this year that the price has been reported to now be $2/day. But of course call Ship Services to reserve and get the actual price. 

One thing to remember, is that it also has to go somewhere and take up some of your precious cabin space. 

We've rented fridges twice in the past two years. $2/day. They put it on the floor under the desk. Bonus--they bring a power strip so you'll have extra outlets for anything you need to recharge.

Also you will definitely want to reserve before your cruise, the earlier the better. They usually run out so you likely won't be able to request one when you get on board. Contact Ship Services.

Edited by joekerstef