Coco Cay Cabanas - Assigned not selected

ptod

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheDBA said:

Where are you seeing the assigned cabana? We have one for June 5th and cruise planner does not show anything.

I saw mine on the confirmation email I received when I booked the cabana through the Cruise Planner.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cpa09 said:

I saw mine on the confirmation email I received when I booked the cabana through the Cruise Planner.  

Interesting. Don't recall that. I might try and call tonight and see what RCCL has to say. We booked our's first of the year and that wasn't a brought up.

Anyone here familiar at all with Star Class Suites?  Can your genie book you a cabana or do you need to book one on line first?  In Labadee the genie usually does it so I never looked into it.  We are going on Harmony in June and it looks like there are no more cabanas to reserve on the website.  Am I just out of luck?  Thank you in advance for any info.  

5 minutes ago, gouofi said:

Anyone here familiar at all with Star Class Suites?  Can your genie book you a cabana or do you need to book one on line first?  In Labadee the genie usually does it so I never looked into it.  We are going on Harmony in June and it looks like there are no more cabanas to reserve on the website.  Am I just out of luck?  Thank you in advance for any info.  

from what I was told on the Anthem when I booked my Lagoon Cabana, there are a set number of cabanas set aside for Star Class Suites and Pinnacles (on a first come, first serve basis).  Unlike Labadee's Barefoot beach, that was exclusive to Suites, Pinnacle and if space was available, Diamond +, I am not aware with the current open potion of the island that is exclusive to Suite and Pinnacle Guests.  I know there are going to be some items coming to what was South Shore that may be exclusive areas, but I am not aware of them open until December or later in 2019.

2 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Talk to me about the Cabanas on Coco Cay. If it makes a difference we will be at the Oasis lagoon.

I'm used to the ones at St. Martin. Fully enclosed with A/C, or you can leave the door open and relax on the small patio.

They are open air Cabanas with power and some have ceiling fans and bluetooth speaker options.  I think there should be more details here:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-kinds-of-cabanas-are-available-at-perfect-day-at-cococay  

16 minutes ago, ChrisTheDBA said:

Interesting. Don't recall that. I might try and call tonight and see what RCCL has to say. We booked our's first of the year and that wasn't a brought up.

There was a Code on my email confirmation as well - I just assumed the letter was referring to the Oasis Lagoon location.  As there are 3 sites with cabanas that should be open in May:  Chill Island, Thrill Water Park and the Oasis Lagoon.

1 hour ago, GSBrockman said:

There was a Code on my email confirmation as well - I just assumed the letter was referring to the Oasis Lagoon location.  As there are 3 sites with cabanas that should be open in May:  Chill Island, Thrill Water Park and the Oasis Lagoon.

It's on the Royal email confirmation following your reservation order...after the price is shown in the email...

Below you will find a brief description of the items you have reserved.

DAY 3
20-Nov-2019
Perfect Day Cococay, Bahamas

Thrill Waterpark Cabana G

4 hours ago, ChrisTheDBA said:

Where are you seeing the assigned cabana? We have one for June 5th and cruise planner does not show anything.

The assignment was on the confirmation email.

23 hours ago, SAmome said:

How was the deluxe lunch and did you have bar staff coming by to offer drinks?  There are some recent reviews about less than steller bar service at the cabanas.  Thanks for any info.

The food at the cabana area was good - lobster tails and cooked to order steaks were available.  Layout of buffet was weird - condiments before any food to put them on, so people were moving back and forth in the line.

No bar staff came by the cabana at all during our day there.

There is plenty of ice in the cooler to bring your own drinks/wine to chill.

5 hours ago, GSBrockman said:

from what I was told on the Anthem when I booked my Lagoon Cabana, there are a set number of cabanas set aside for Star Class Suites and Pinnacles (on a first come, first serve basis).  Unlike Labadee's Barefoot beach, that was exclusive to Suites, Pinnacle and if space was available, Diamond +, I am not aware with the current open potion of the island that is exclusive to Suite and Pinnacle Guests.  I know there are going to be some items coming to what was South Shore that may be exclusive areas, but I am not aware of them open until December or later in 2019.

just so I am clear, can you let me know what I will need to do (if people know) regarding cabanas for suites. I have a suite for a november cruise and I didnt want to wait so I booked a cabana. If there are cabanas for suite guests that are in a different area, how would I go about reserving one?

Edited by hftmrock

We have a “Chill Island Cabanas E” for September.  

We have a “Thrill Waterpark Cabanas A” for March. 

I find it interesting that they use the terms “Cabanas” in the plural form in the confirmation email. The plural form just might be a RC IT spelling issue. 

33 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

just so I am clear, can you let me know what I will need to do (if people know) regarding cabanas for suites. I have a suite for a november cruise and I didnt want to wait so I booked a cabana. If there are cabanas for suite guests that are in a different area, how would I go about reserving one?

We are in Sky and Star Class and we booked our cabanas on line.  For our cruise in September we booked the cabana in November 2018.  For March 2020 we booked it in April 2018.  A bird in the hand is our philosophy, at least until they and we know what is happening with suite Guests booking them.

Edit to add, that as of now they aren’t saying there is a suite exclusive area.  Just a private beach club with a paid entry fee for all who wish to use it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

29 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

To my knowledge, Coco Cay does not have an exclusive suites location yet. But I do believe that might be in the works. I believe for each of the three current, eventually five total, cabana locations, there will always be a set number reserved for suite guests. 

8 hours ago, belmontcrew said:

I don’t believe these are Cabana assignments. Out group of 12 have 2 Oasis Lagoon Cabanas that we booked months apart from each other.  We both have Cabana E on our invoice. This is for Symphony of the Seas. 

Perhaps that's why they are telling folks to check in at the Concierge Desk once onboard...maybe your reservation is simply a placeholder...since you have 2 Cabanas.  But it sure seems like plenty of other folks have a variety of specific Cabana assignments...which vary but date, ship, and Cabana area location.

8 hours ago, belmontcrew said:

I don’t believe these are Cabana assignments. Out group of 12 have 2 Oasis Lagoon Cabanas that we booked months apart from each other.  We both have Cabana E on our invoice. This is for Symphony of the Seas. 

Very interesting. That would seem to me that the letter isn't an assigned cabana. I know we will definitely be making a beeline to the excursion desk in that case. 🙂

Happy sailing!

1 minute ago, ChrisTheDBA said:

Very interesting. That would seem to me that the letter isn't an assigned cabana. I know we will definitely be making a beeline to the excursion desk in that case. 🙂

Happy sailing!

It's likely that you can save a run there...as you should have the specific information in your cabin with the other traditional detailed paperwork found in your cabin when first boarding.

13 hours ago, hftmrock said:

Again, at this point, I am not aware of any "Exclusive Suite" location on Coco Cay (like Barefoot Beach Club on Labadee).  I know they have created various parks with independent admission fees.  See the attached Perfect Day pdf file for the most current information I am aware of.

Perfect Day CocoCay FAQ.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It's likely that you can save a run there...as you should have the specific information in your cabin with the other traditional detailed paperwork found in your cabin when first boarding.

I have an email into the Manager and Assistant Manager on the Adventure OTS now to see if they can share a map of the cabanas and if the letter is an assignment or actually just a reference to a "cluster" area of cabanas.  Hope to hear back later today.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGY1962 said:

We are on the Mariner in June and received reservation for Chill Island Cabana C.  Does anyone know if we have to add others to the reservation since we are sharing with two other cabins?  

Once you get to the Cabana area the attendant will have wristbands for however many you are allowed.  I believe with the Perfect Day change over it is 8 people.  I know last year as long as people either gave my name (as the reservation was under me) or cabana # they were given a wristband until I reached the max number of people allowed.