Cuba.....uh, oh.

goosemay

Is it worth booking ship excursion to get points to upg?  Just curious.  I don’t go out til Jan 2020 but am not concerned at this point.  Only gold status so long way to go and solo traveler.  Thanks for any insight.

I'm scheduled for late September, and am more afraid of them keeping the itinerary, but US folks just not being allowed off the ship. 2 on-ship days would be a big bummer when you're in port. 

Haven't made plane reservations yet, was about to when the news came out. With current events in Venezuela, I think it's good to wait a few more weeks. 

This is may 5 and it hasn't been banned yet.i keep getting messages from.the tour guide about pick up location being changed.which leads me to believe these tours may be illegal but I don't know I prepaid mine through PayPal.

1 hour ago, FGJones said:

Does anyone know if Armonia docked in Havana yesterday and if things are going as scheduled? 

I looked up her location yesterday and this morning, each of the tracking websites showed different positions, heading to but not in Havana. Position today unchanged from yesterday.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:52 PM, Annapolisr said:

Is it worth booking ship excursion to get points to upg?  Just curious.  I don’t go out til Jan 2020 but am not concerned at this point.  Only gold status so long way to go and solo traveler.  Thanks for any insight.

Do you mean points in Voyagers' Club?  For every €/$150 onboard spend you'll get 100 points.  The same applies to pre-purchases.  However, if you spend any less, you cannot have one element of spend added to the other to make up a multiple of €/$150.  I prefer to only spend onboard where possible so that all spend is totalled together when chasing points.

Hi CF - It’s from the other cruise site similar to this one. Not sure if you have seen the vlogs on YouTube by CruiseTipsTV about Meraviglia Yacht Club but that site sponsors them. 

I looked again this morning while it should have been dark wherever the ship is and there is the same picture. Same raindrops and forklift truck etc so it’s not accurate. All other MSC ships pictures have changed though. One site shows Armonia in Miami now. 

• Thanks 1

Mark - thank you, I've found it. It's an app 😀 How did I not know about this?!?! I know, I need to get out more...

Marine Traffic shows her back in Miami, which is scheduled on the itinerary for today. It does state her last port was Cozumel. It's like for 2 days she was in a black hole tracking wise.

20 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Mark - thank you, I've found it. It's an app 😀 How did I not know about this?!?! I know, I need to get out more...

Don’t worry we’ll get you out of that cabin in October 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It's like for 2 days she was in a black hole tracking wise.

Could it have stayed in Cozumel three days, or spent the two Havana days at sea?  I feel so sad. 

10 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I needed some joy on a wet Bank Holiday, ...😂

We had a beautiful sunny weekend, CF, though on the chilly side.  It was lovely in sheltered spots, though.  It's not called the Sunny South-East for nothing.  😃  (It is a bit overcast today, mind).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FGJones said:

Could it have stayed in Cozumel three days, or spent the two Havana days at sea?  I feel so sad. 

Perhaps Cuba has a security issue around ships' webcams when in their ports?  🤔

• Like 3

Pretty sure that if they didn't dock in Havana, we'll hear all about it pretty soon and then the rampant speculation may stop.  Probably won't though! :classic_laugh:

Printed my docs this morning for next Monday.  Still shows Havana on the itinerary.  I'm not going to sit here and worry about it.  I'll be boarding anyway although I will be disappointed.  Things happen.  I'll deal with it.

1 minute ago, NCTribeFan said:

Pretty sure that if they didn't dock in Havana, we'll hear all about it pretty soon and then the rampant speculation may stop.  Probably won't though! :classic_laugh:

Printed my docs this morning for next Monday.  Still shows Havana on the itinerary.  I'm not going to sit here and worry about it.  I'll be boarding anyway although I will be disappointed.  Things happen.  I'll deal with it.

I think there would have been reports somewhere around the internet if the ship hadn't visited Havana.

Please let us know how your trip  goes ... Buon Viaggio!  🙂

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Absolutely no mention anywhere that any ships haven't docked in Havana, it would apply to all lines so I'm certain someone would've mentioned it....🤔

Look forward to hearing how your trip goes, have a great time, wherever you may be 😎

6 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

The Armonia was definitely in Havana this weekend, verified by a couple of crew members. What I haven't been able to get a response on was whether or not there were any passenger restrictions. 

That is great news.  Are they someone with a public profile I could follow as well?